UIC IDDP 2015 applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I only know dentbr wrote about his/her interview at May 20. It is kind of early. chicagolove I read same thing about i.v.s. By the way I got application complete email 2 days ago. Hope it goes well for all of us.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I only know dentbr wrote about his/her interview at May 20. It is kind of early. chicagolove I read same thing about i.v.s. By the way I got application complete email 4-5 days ago. Hope it goes well for all of us.
how many days did it take from submission of supplemental application n fee to receive complete email, thanks in anticipation.

I believe It doesn't take too long normally but my case was different. I applied and paid for school on May 4th. My CAAPID app. was pending due to my recommendation letters. They sent standard notification email May 4th for payment received. They sent another email about uploading checklist items on May 9th.
I received another email saying that they received my CAAPID on May 23 ( because I mailed my ECE and recommendation letters very late to CAAPID, I believe I posted documents to CAAPID on May 19th with overnight ups shipping). Application complete email came May 27th. It takes them 3-4 days to sent follow up emails. I think they are very fast and organized compare to other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe It doesn't take too long normally but my case was different. I applied and paid for school on May 4th. My CAAPID app. was pending due to my recommendation letters. They sent standard notification email May 4th for payment received. They sent another email about uploading checklist items on May 9th.
I received another email saying that they received my CAAPID on May 23 ( because I mailed my ECE and recommendation letters very late to CAAPID, I believe I posted documents to CAAPID on May 19th with overnight ups shipping). Application complete email came May 27th. It takes them 3-4 days to sent follow up emails. I think they are very fast and organized compare to other schools.
thanks, I had submitted my documents with fees 20 days back but no update, should I email n ask them or wait. please do advice.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should e-mail. 20 days is too long. you may be missing some documents.

What does it say when you go to your UIC account?

Even i didnt received application complete email.. so i called them and dey said they hv more dan 200 application presently which has to be checked manually. So, they will send application complete email from coming week..

Congrats Cibel :) Yes, good luck to all of us :)
Honesty pays, I think my case is worse, only I don't know exactly how many days are over since I got the CAAPID application received email. I had to update my ece, so Im wondering if it has something to do with that. *fingers crossed*
DrN88, Thanks for the info!
Keeping patience on and smiling nervously :cat: hehe.. But everyone is probably doing the same thing too

Last edited:
Hi, Anyone who got interview invite recently? Are they interviewing every week after May 20th? Please reply if you have any info...Thanks !!

Last edited:
Congrats Cibel :) Yes, good luck to all of us :)
Honesty pays, I think my case is worse, only I don't know exactly how many days are over since I got the CAAPID application received email. I had to update my ece, so Im wondering if it has something to do with that. *fingers crossed*
DrN88, Thanks for the info!
Keeping patience on and smiling nervously :cat: hehe.. But everyone is probably doing the same thing too
Hi, did you receive any update?

Got an interview date for next week :) .

Congrats cibel, did u get the invite today? are they done sending i.v for next week, any idea if they will still send i.v for the same day as yours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulation Cibel! I received application complete email on the same day like Cibel, but I don't receive any interview call. Does that mean I have no more chance???:(

Congratulation Cibel! I received application complete email on the same day like Cibel, but I don't receive any interview call. Does that mean I have no more chance???:(
I haven't even received an email for complete application yet. I called them and they said they have 500 applications and can't tell anything on the phone.

NBDE1 and 2 pass, 4 years back home dental experience and volunteer job. 2 years dental assisting in Chicago.

I got the email last Friday, June 6th. I am sure this is only the beginning for interview calls. I read last year comments in this forum and it looks like they received invitations till September.

Will power, I haven't received the email either, and I submitted my docs in april.. so not to worry too much :)
But do check your uic online status time to time for missing documents, etc. sometimes you don't get follow up emails.

Yup, Looks like Im not the only one then. Has anyone else received an 'application complete' email?
Also, I went to look at the website and read somewhere that i.v.s are sent starting from June. *confused*
I never received an email regards my application completion. I did email them and ask about my application status. They told me it is completed, but I was never informed by email.

i received application complete mail in may,but in my application status at UIC site only two items under their status it mentions verified,the rest only mentions received nothing under status,is that it or i need to check with them?

Hi
Any female wants to share a room on 18th June iv? pm me. ASAP

Hi Docofsmiles,
When did you got your completion email? So they inform you a week earlier for the IV? Can you share your Toefl score if you don't mind? Congratulations for the IV. Good luck!

I have june 17 too suhel0001, I believe they ask general questions to know you better.

how many batches they were called so far?

I am not sure but somebody previously wrote he had an May 20, and we didn't hear anything back. UIC says reviewing applicants will continue till September

I am not sure but somebody previously wrote he had an May 20, and we didn't hear anything back. UIC says reviewing applicants will continue till September
my friend had on 20th may.

Thanks for reply .. I guess may 20, June 17, June 18 so far..

Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if I stand a chance....my stats are NBDE part 1 and 2, toefl - 110, GPA-3.87, close to a year surgical assistant experience in US and continuing, Some back home experience, couple of continuing education courses, 20+ hours community service. Application complete - may 9th, should i stay hopeful for an iv?? :s

I could not add some of my continuing education courses on my caapid as they were completed after i submitted my application. I tried to send an email to the admissions lady if they could add those to my file but they said they will rely on my caapid application....?

Is it too late to apply in uic? why did they start interviews before deadline?

Is it too late to apply in uic? why did they start interviews before deadline?
I think it might be. I applied start of this month and I still did not get application complete email. It's been 2 weeks. But you can try. You never know.

They say they have over 500 applicants so far and will continue to review applications till September, so it is not too late. You still have 14 days.

Hi everybody, is there anybody already interviewed with UIC this year? I have mine tomorrow and I would like to know it is still personal questions like last year. HELP please!!

Hi everybody, is there anybody already interviewed with UIC this year? I have mine tomorrow and I would like to know it is still personal questions like last year. HELP please!!
Good Luck for the interview today!!!!!:luck:

I believe you did well today.
May I ask you something?
Did you submit (upload) your country's National Dental Board Certificate?
I am stuck because I can't print out it at my house...
Please let me know..
Thank you in advance..

P.S.Anybody let's me know.

Hi Cibel
Hope ur interview went good, just need to know is it just personal interview or something else would appreciate ur response

Hi everybody, thanks for good wishes, it was mostly personal. They asked some ethic questions too. But in general it was a good conversation. They are trying to know you. They said interviews will continue
till September. Good luck to today 's bench !

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everybody, thanks for good wishes, it was mostly personal. They asked some ethic questions too. But in general it was a good conversation. They are trying to know you. They said interviews will continue
Any idea when will be the next batch.

Thanks Cibel :D
Good luck to everyone who is going to today's interview!!

Anyone, who has multiple attempts during their BDS, Does UIC asks the marksheet for the failure marks? My friend is needing help.. appreciate your reply!!
Thanks !!

After u are accepted, they do need both pass and fail mark sheets, i dont think they will ask for application. For application you just need the transcripts.

I don't know about next bench. We will probably see on this form but it looks like they will do interviews through all summer.

I have a question transcript means just one page including all the marks or do they need individual mark sheets from each yr of dental school?
thanks !!

I have a question transcript means just one page including all the marks or do they need individual mark sheets from each yr of dental school?
thanks !!
transcript means addition of all the years of dental school .

thanks Honesty!!
Any re applicants here?