UIC vs Midwestern-IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GEBESB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far this cycle and good luck to all of you that are still waiting to gain acceptance! I know this UIC vs Midwestern discussion has been addressed many times in the past, but as each program evolves the pros and cons for each institution are constantly changing. I personally feel that both schools have a lot to offer their students. UIC has one of the busiest clinics, while Midwestern has the most up to date technology and facilities. Both programs also have their downfalls-- Midwestern-IL has not graduated a class yet and UIC has not graduated a class with the new curriculum, so in this regard I feel that their downfalls are essentially equal. I really like both institutions, so while I feel blessed to be able to chose between the two schools, I am completely torn on which one I should go to. I know that this is a personal decision and everyone will have a different "perfect fit" but for all of you that are facing this same situation, which school are you considering attending and why? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the advice of some one in the real world of dentistry...

Go to the unive$ity of Illinoi$ and $ave your$elf a $hit load of ca$h.
You will thank me for thi$ $uge$$tion in a few year$.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I definitely agree with Saddleshoes. Paying too much money and having new technology/facilities DO NOT equate to receiving better education. Having a disorganized clinic and new faculties without much experience will drive you crazy. Save yourself money and headache and go for UIC