UIW Feik School of Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdi_pharmag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a forum for this one yet. Has anyone interviewed and heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

No not yet I just got an email around the end of October saying that they will start having out admission decisions by the end of November :D

Hi there! I received my acceptance letter via email last Tuesday. I have been out of town but got back yesterday and had a package of acceptance from the school. My only guess is that it arrived Saturday. I hope you all heard from them or will hear soon!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview is coming up. Does anyone know how the interview day was? It is a relaxed one on one interview or intense?

Interview day is really relaxed. There is an assessment, but you can't really prepare for that. It's a critical thinking type of test. There is a Q and A session with some current students which is really helpful. The writing sample isn't bad either. My interview was with two professors and a community pharmacist. It was really thorough so be prepared to answer a range of questions. Overall, it went well though!

Interview day is really relaxed. There is an assessment, but you can't really prepare for that. It's a critical thinking type of test. There is a Q and A session with some current students which is really helpful. The writing sample isn't bad either. My interview was with two professors and a community pharmacist. It was really thorough so be prepared to answer a range of questions. Overall, it went well though!
Where the questions intense? Is it a blind interview or do they have your file on them and they ask you questions from there? I really appreciate all the information. Thank you so much

They asked me to provide a lot of situational examples. It is a blind interview.

I have my interview on the 17th I'm soo nervous. I haven't really done anything to prepare for it, nor any mock interviews. What should I know about walking into the interview?

Got my acceptance offer!! Really suprised because I just interviewed on the 17th..

Got my acceptance offer!! Really suprised because I just interviewed on the 17th..
I interviewed that day as well but haven't heard anything :/ what does your last name start with if you don't mind me asking?

I got my acceptance letter yesterday as well!!!! I'm so happy. :) because I was so nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed that day as well but haven't heard anything :/ what does your last name start with if you don't mind me asking?
My last name starts with a K. I didn't expect to hear back from them until end of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my acceptance letter yesterday as well! :D

I recieved my acceptance letter as well! :happy: Does anyone know if we can apply for financial aid through FAFSA? Or is it only for undergrads?

I interviewed Dec 17th as well. Haven't heard anything. Could someone tell me if the acceptance letter come via email or regular mail?

Acceptance came through email first. Then I got a letter in the mail.

Hey all! I was accepted a few days after my interview last month and am now currently looking for a roommate. I'll probably be staying at the apartments right across the school. Does anyone else plan on living there too or thinking about it?

Hey guys! I just received an interview for February 5! Any helpful tips for the interview?
This is my first pharmacy school interview so I'm not sure what to expect from Feik.

Hey guys! I just received an interview for February 5! Any helpful tips for the interview?
This is my first pharmacy school interview so I'm not sure what to expect from Feik.
Just relax, be yourself, and be passionate about what you talk about. it's a blind interview, you have a pharmacist and faculty member interviewing. It's really pretty chill. You have one essay to write and an assessment to take. Which aren't hard at all. I got accepted few days after my interview.

Just relax, be yourself, and be passionate about what you talk about. it's a blind interview, you have a pharmacist and faculty member interviewing. It's really pretty chill. You have one essay to write and an assessment to take. Which aren't hard at all. I got accepted few days after my interview.
Okay great thank you so much! do you mind me asking what your stats are? I have a solid gpa of 3.5 and a year of pharmacy experience but my Pcat score is low, composite of 20. But I'm hoping since I received the interview I'll be accepted :)

Has anyone gotten accepted with a low Pcat score for this cycle?

Has anyone gotten accepted with a low Pcat score for this cycle?
U R Lucky One My GPA 3.4 my PCAT 70 . Pharmacy Tech for Walmart 2 years . My stats is NOT even call for interview yet . But I still hope ...........:)

Okay great thank you so much! do you mind me asking what your stats are? I have a solid gpa of 3.5 and a year of pharmacy experience but my Pcat score is low, composite of 20. But I'm hoping since I received the interview I'll be accepted :)
My pcat score is 92, gpa 3.6. Pharmacy Shadow experience and tons of different volunteer work

My pcat score is 92, gpa 3.6. Pharmacy Shadow experience and tons of different volunteer work
I just want to know how did you get a 92????? I don't know what exam you were taking but the one I took was crazy difficult, not even the material but the time management, and the stress during the exam! Your amazing and everyone else that has made such a high score. I wish I was this good at taking exams lol

U R Lucky One My GPA 3.4 my PCAT 70 . Pharmacy Tech for Walmart 2 years . My stats is NOT even call for interview yet . But I still hope ...........:)
thank you :) let's hope I get accepted. Goodluck to you, and I'm sure you'll get an interview, your stats are amazing

I just want to know how did you get a 92????? I don't know what exam you were taking but the one I took was crazy difficult, not even the material but the time management, and the stress during the exam! Your amazing and everyone else that has made such a high score. I wish I was this good at taking exams lol
I used dr.collins exam prep with Kaplan. I thought pcat wasn't too bad. But you should do good at the interview it's really friendly so don't worry about it. At the interview everyone is on the same level meaning they judge you now by your interview.!

A
I used dr.collins exam prep with Kaplan. I thought pcat wasn't too bad. But you should do good at the interview it's really friendly so don't worry about it. At the interview everyone is on the same level meaning they judge you now by your interview.!
aww okay! That makes me feel better :) so I'll just sell them myself which I'm pretty good at doing that!!!

Hello All. Anyone interview on Feb 5th hear back yet?

The waiting is torture. :/
Trust me I know! I've been waiting to hear back since mid December. I called and they said only the extremely competitive people have been accepted first and the rejection letters for other people have been sent. And if you haven't heard anything then you were put on a temporary waiting list until they rank everyone and all the interviewees from February and pull from that list whatever available spots are left. Also if people turned down the offer to UIW that might free up some space. So after that temporary waiting list if you aren't pulled then your going to be on the actual waiting list until July unless there's an opening which would be torture to wait! Everyone I know that was "extremely competitive" had a bachelors. It sucks because all the schools kept saying "oh you don't need one...in fact it's not even recommended" which that is horrible advice. So even if your essays, gpa, references and experience are great if your pcat is not perfect then you might be wait listed that's what I've been seeing. Unless of course you have a bachelors then maybe your pcat can suck and just have other high stats. So idk if they interview to have people on backup or what. But hopefully getting the interview and doing well in it will mean acceptance.....

Trust me I know! I've been waiting to hear back since mid December. I called and they said only the extremely competitive people have been accepted first and the rejection letters for other people have been sent. And if you haven't heard anything then you were put on a temporary waiting list until they rank everyone and all the interviewees from February and pull from that list whatever available spots are left. Also if people turned down the offer to UIW that might free up some space. So after that temporary waiting list if you aren't pulled then your going to be on the actual waiting list until July unless there's an opening which would be torture to wait! Everyone I know that was "extremely competitive" had a bachelors. It sucks because all the schools kept saying "oh you don't need one...in fact it's not even recommended" which that is horrible advice. So even if your essays, gpa, references and experience are great if your pcat is not perfect then you might be wait listed that's what I've been seeing. Unless of course you have a bachelors then maybe your pcat can suck and just have other high stats. So idk if they interview to have people on backup or what. But hopefully getting the interview and doing well in it will mean acceptance.....

WOW! I guess we have to wait until March? I am not sure how many spots were still open as of February 5th. Good luck.

Did any of the people you know with a bachelor's get accepted?

Did any of the people you know with a bachelor's get accepted?
Yea everyone I know with a bachelors got accepted. Everyone. Probably like 7 people so that's a big number imagine all other people that might've had bachelors. I mean it could be that they are the only 7 with bachelors buts it's weird when you ask someone and they say "yea I got in" and you ask another and anoth and another and they all just keep saying "I got in and I have a bachelors". They had low pcat scores too like half of them it was under 40. Of course some had high pcat scores too. So they said you should hear back no later than March so idk if that means late March or when that means. I'm trying to stay positive but it's just hard because waiting until March is a long time especially since I have had everything finished and verified since September.

Just wanted to wish everyone luck! Trust me when I say they are looking at more than just GPA and PCAT scores. I had a pretty low GPA compared to others and my PCAT was fairly above average but I had work experience and what I assume to be GREAT letters of recommendation (do not know how else I would have been accepted). Networking is a must! If you don't get in this round & had great stats, don't beat yourself up over it. If pharmacy is your true-calling, you will keep trying! Quite a few of the great pharmacists I know now, did not get in until their 2nd try. Don't give up! :)

Just wanted to wish everyone luck! Trust me when I say they are looking at more than just GPA and PCAT scores. I had a pretty low GPA compared to others and my PCAT was fairly above average but I had work experience and what I assume to be GREAT letters of recommendation (do not know how else I would have been accepted). Networking is a must! If you don't get in this round & had great stats, don't beat yourself up over it. If pharmacy is your true-calling, you will keep trying! Quite a few of the great pharmacists I know now, did not get in until their 2nd try. Don't give up! :)

That's great! When was your interview?

Thank you! Im trying to keep hope! Did you have a bachelors when you got accepted?

Any word yet?
Nope probably won't hear anything until early March after the wait list is ranked then I'll know if I'm accepted or on the actual waiting list for who knows how long. What about you?

Interviewed February 5th and received my acceptance offer on the 19th.

Reactions: 4 users