UIWRSO class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-optometry student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just wanted to start a thread for the UIWRSO class of 2020. I want this thread to be about the future class of 2020 and also interview help for any students with questions. Also, feel free to post anything else about the school here.

Members don't see this ad.

I just want to know what to do now! I submitted my matriculation fee, and I just feel as though I need to do something else other than wait for Fall!

I know - I'm so anxious to just get started! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: downside of applying early i guess. . .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know - I'm so anxious to just get started! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: downside of applying early i guess. . .

I feel the same way! I'm excited for the future, but I'm also nervous. It's going to be tough, but I'm ready to start! I can't wait to meet the rest of our class. Have you joined the Facebook group yet?

I feel the same way! I'm excited for the future, but I'm also nervous. It's going to be tough, but I'm ready to start! I can't wait to meet the rest of our class. Have you joined the Facebook group yet?
Not yet - I don't have a Facebook profile, but I will probably create one to just join the group. I figure we have time :p

Hello everyone! I'm currently waiting to hear back from uiwrso about an interview. I wanted to ask those who have been accepted a few questions. First, if you are ok with it, could you post your stats? Second how did the interview go and what kind of questions were asked.

Hello everyone! I'm currently waiting to hear back from uiwrso about an interview. I wanted to ask those who have been accepted a few questions. First, if you are ok with it, could you post your stats? Second how did the interview go and what kind of questions were asked.

Date OptomCAS submitted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Date verified: Friday, October 16, 2015
OAT Scores: 310 AA / 290 TS
GPA: 3.1 (working on BS in Healthcare Studies)
Schools applied: UIWRSO & UHCO
Interviews extended/date: UIWRSO: Thursday, October 22, 2015
Interviews accepted: UIWRSO: Friday, November 13, 2015
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
UIWRSO: Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My stats are not that great whatsoever, but I became pretty well known with the Student Affairs team (who are absolutely awesome) through various events and activities that I participated in. The interview day was kind of long; I think it was from 9AM until like 3PM. There were quite a few presentations given and a lot of information provided. When it was time for my interview, the interviewer called my name, and we walked together to one of the empty study rooms. My interviewer (who was a professor at RSO) was pretty straightforward and to the point; I had heard that the interviews felt like conversations (and most of the students who were there that day told me that their interview was conversational and relaxed), but mine was question-answer, question-answer, question-answer, and while I was answering some questions, he would sometimes cut me off to go on to the next one. That was my experience though; I haven't heard anyone else say that though. Pretty much all of the faculty and staff members are extremely friendly and easy to talk to at RSO.

Some of the interview questions that I was asked are:
>Tell me about yourself. (I know it's not really a question, but this can be very daunting.)
>What did you learn from your shadowing experiences?
>Why did you choose RSO?
>What are three characteristics of a healthcare professional? (I can't remember if he also asked what it takes to be a healthcare professional as well...)
>What do you think your biggest obstacle will be while transitioning from undergraduate to optometry school? (I can't remember exactly how this question was worded, but it had something to do with the difference in undergrad and optometry school or something like that...)

I think that's all that I remember. The interview was about 30 minutes long though.

Thanks for the info! I'm hoping to be invited for an interview soon. I recently retook my OAT since the first time I got a 300 overall and a 280 science. My gpa is a little under 3.0 so I was asked to retake it. I managed to score a 320 TS and 330 overall so I was pretty thrilled, mainly because I have been out of school for several years.

The student affairs team is great I've been in contact with mr hill and mr Tradup during the application process.

The interview sounds fairly straight forward, thanks for the sample questions you were asked.

Hello everyone, just wanted to see if anyone has been invited for an interview in the coming weeks? I'm still holding out hope that I will get an interview soon.

Hello everyone, just wanted to see if anyone has been invited for an interview in the coming weeks? I'm still holding out hope that I will get an interview soon.

I cancelled my interview for April 15th. I hope you get it!!

Hey @evorage
I would actually just call them up. Did you fax them your new scores? The officials take a while to get to them, and they say that speeds up the process! Nothing wrong with calling them to see if they have all your stuff, if they need anything more to complete your app, and what else you can do to better yourself to get an interview. Show them you're interested!

I did finally interview in May and I am currently on the alternate list. Has anyone on here been on the alternate list and been accepted?