UIWRSO OPTOMETRY

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optomgirl1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I applied to UIWRSO and other optometry schools a bit late in the cycle. I haven't heard anything from rso school of optometry. Do you know when they stop interviews? For the individuals that got accepted do you mind telling me your stats, interview date, and how long it took to get a response back. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello:

I applied to UIWRSO and PCO in March and was accepted in both. I had other interviews but stopped after getting a letter from these schools.

GPA: 3.72 but was a "nontraditional" student. aka I dropped out and re-enrolled to my undergraduate program two years later.
OAT: Science 290
Academic 320
Shadowing: 100 hours

No optometric work experience.

As you can see, other than my GPA there really is not anything all that special about my application and I still managed to get into two schools relatively late in the cycle.

I have a friend who is a student a year ahead of me who applied to RSO and was very last in the cycle. She got waitlisted but called the school A LOT and her commitment to want to go is what made them remove her from the waitlist before other students. I am not suggesting to call the school every hour if you are waitlisted also, but it really made the difference for her to get in.

Best of luck.

I interviewed on May 20th with 10 other students and I'm on the wait list. I want to say that there will be no more interviews based off of what I was told by the student affairs team. Your best bet would be to call and ask on the status of your application.

I have a GPA slightly below 3.0, 330AA 320TS on my second attempt, first attempt got a 300AA 270TS. I retook my oat at the advice of the school and it paid off.