UK 2014 applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
eeekkkk...me too! :/

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if Glasgow also does them in NYC/SanFran like the other two?

And I wouldn't worry too much guys, since none of us have heard, we're probably okay :)

Reactions: 1 user

And I wouldn't worry too much guys, since none of us have heard, we're probably okay :)
"
Interviews
Interviews will be held around February time for prospective applicants at various locations in the USA.
"

According to the North American Student Pamphlet. Don't ask me about Edinburgh, I can't navigate their site at all. LOL

Members don't see this ad :)

I also read that Glasgow conducts interviews at a west coast and an east coast location. I assumed the west coast local would be LA but it would be awesome if it is San Fran since that's where I live :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also read that Glasgow conducts interviews at a west coast and an east coast location. I assumed the west coast local would be LA but it would be awesome if it is San Fran since that's where I live :)

I hope mine is in NYC, driving to NJ for the Ross interview is a pain in the butt...

Glasgow usually does somewhere in Cali and either Boston or NYC. They may have added a 3rd in Texas. One of the noobs probably knows better than me.

I got my Glasgow invite!!!! If anyone is coming to nyc I can host you if you'd like :)

Also, do we know how many they invite, and how many of those they invite they accept?

(I'm off to search the interwebz for this info now!!)

There are quite a few international freshers this year - more than my class. 50 plus, maybe?

Members don't see this ad :)
For real?

Haha Well, maybe it just seems like it. A first year could better vouch for the number. I know there's a joint agreement with a handful of US universities allowing students to do their fourth year as a first year. Wish this existed when I applied!

Has anyone else heard about interview locations(not invite, just location) from Edinburgh yet?

@HowIMetYourPet I got an email today stating what location I preferred and the range of dates for interviews if selected for an interview.

The locations are NYC and San Francisco. The dates are February 4th through the 16th. :)

@HowIMetYourPet I got an email today stating what location I preferred and the range of dates for interviews if selected for an interview.

The locations are NYC and San Francisco. The dates are February 4th through the 16th. :)

Awesome. That's the samee-mail I got earlier in the week, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who got it!!!

Hi so I also just received that same email from Edinburgh. It turns out I received it two days ago but it went into my spam folder!!! Uggghhhh I am so so happy I just checked before it was too late. Just to be sure to give your preferred interview location you just replied to the email right? That's what I did but I just wanted to be sure there wasn't some other link I was supposed to click on. :-/

That's what I did!!

I'm still hoping those dates are really just for the reception and we'll actually get answers in December (This wait is KILLING me!!!)

Last edited:
I know Ireland technically isn't in the UK, but... couldn't find a Dublin thread :p.

So yesterday I got accepted into Dublin CVM (I live in the US). They want me to accept or reject within 14 days (including non-refundable 2000 euro deposit) or else my offer will "lapse"... I applied to 11 other schools and definitely won't be hearing back from them within 14 days.

I'm sure the answer to this question is no, but is it possible they'll send me another offer later? Figured I might as well ask. I'm just upset they sent out the letter this early, I checked last year's thread and they sent out acceptance letters on December 20th at the earliest. Although Dublin is a good school, I'm not going to limit myself before hearing back from any others.
Perhaps someone currently at the school could help better (@devyn , maybe?), but in general it would probably be a good idea to contact admissions (either via email or phone) and see what they say. They would know the answer for sure.

Though not ideal, one thing you could do if you are unsure of your chances at your other schools is pay the deposit and see if you get into any other schools. Granted, that would potentially mean you would have to pay two deposits (if you choose another school over UCD that is).

I know Ireland technically isn't in the UK, but... couldn't find a Dublin thread :p.

So yesterday I got accepted into Dublin CVM (I live in the US). They want me to accept or reject within 14 days (including non-refundable 2000 euro deposit) or else my offer will "lapse"... I applied to 11 other schools and definitely won't be hearing back from them within 14 days.

I'm sure the answer to this question is no, but is it possible they'll send me another offer later? Figured I might as well ask. I'm just upset they sent out the letter this early, I checked last year's thread and they sent out acceptance letters on December 20th at the earliest. Although Dublin is a good school, I'm not going to limit myself before hearing back from any others.

Eek, all I can say is I'd hate to be in that position :/ Good luck figuring it out!

Got this email today;

"Dear applicant,

Congratulations - you will be receiving an offer letter from the UCD School of Veterinary Medicine shortly.
Please ignore the text in this letter which states that you must accept/decline this offer within 2 weeks
as this is not correct.

This automated letter is a generic UCD offer letter that goes out to applicants of all UCD programmes and does
not reflect the official VMCAS deadline for accepting offers which is April 15th 2015."

Haha, you're going to be hopping from NYC to San Fran in two days! CONGRATSSSS <3 Now if only RVC would send us something..
I thought they were going to send out something soon am I right? accordning to their email ?

Ugh, I know, this is a logistics nightmare.... I think the way I'm going to do it is my NYC interview on Monday the 2nd, then fly from NYC to San Francisco on Tuesday, then my San Fran interview Wednesday..... I have family in San Fran so I'll probably stay there a while :)

As for RVC, yeah, they said 4 weeks almost 5 weeks ago...this is the 4th week...so maybe we'll hear something in the next few days?

Ugh, I know, this is a logistics nightmare.... I think the way I'm going to do it is my NYC interview on Monday the 2nd, then fly from NYC to San Francisco on Tuesday, then my San Fran interview Wednesday..... I have family in San Fran so I'll probably stay there a while :)

As for RVC, yeah, they said 4 weeks almost 5 weeks ago...this is the 4th week...so maybe we'll hear something in the next few days?

I posted a comment on the social media page so maybe they'll get back to me about it lol.

"Hi Ksenia. We are going to start sending out the US interview invites in the next week or so. Thank you for your patience. Best of luck."

"OR SO" EEEK That just made me more nervous hahaha.

"Hi Ksenia. We are going to start sending out the US interview invites in the next week or so. Thank you for your patience. Best of luck."

"OR SO" EEEK That just made me more nervous hahaha.[/QUOTE
I thought they are gonna send out emails this week! THis is painfull

I know, I am literally in agony because I don't want to submit a deposit to Ross without knowing my other acceptances. @agisarang42

I know, I am literally in agony because I don't want to submit a deposit to Ross without knowing my other acceptances. @agisarang42
At least I'm not in that position... still watiing to hear back from SGU, and I didn't know they would make you pay for the deposit this early! you applied for Fall 2015 right? That's weird... Is it due this week?

At least I'm not in that position... still watiing to hear back from SGU, and I didn't know they would make you pay for the deposit this early! you applied for Fall 2015 right? That's weird... Is it due this week?

Yeah, it's due on Dec 4th. I'm waiting to hear from SGU as well. As far as I know Ross and Tuskegee are the only schools that require a deposit before the deadline, and since it is international, it is allowed by the vmcas. Which totally SUCKS hahaha. Hopefully my 3.69 gpa will carry past my terrible interview I had with SGU, but I'm not holding my breath.

AHHHHH!!!
"Dear Ksenia,

Further to your recent application to Accelerated Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine at the Royal Veterinary College, we would like to invite you to attend an interview on 23 January 2015."

AHHHHH!!!
"Dear Ksenia,

Further to your recent application to Accelerated Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine at the Royal Veterinary College, we would like to invite you to attend an interview on 23 January 2015."
Are you stil going to make deposit for Ross? cuz you know RVC is just an interview invite not the final decision :( I'm just wondering, I hope you don't mind me asking

Are you stil going to make deposit for Ross? cuz you know RVC is just an interview invite not the final decision :( I'm just wondering, I hope you don't mind me asking

I'm going to make the deposit if I don't hear from SGU by the deadline haha. I'd rather have a spot somewhere!

I'm going to make the deposit if I don't hear from SGU by the deadline haha. I'd rather have a spot somewhere!
Anyway. Congrats!! and I hope we hear back from SGU soon :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I just got interview invites for both Edinburgh (Feb 8) and RVC (jan 22)!!! Best day :)

Reactions: 2 users
Is the deposit very expensive?

I know it stinks losing money, but it's probably a good idea to submit the deposit, just in case. On the other hand, if you get accepted into another school you want to go to, you will lose the Ross deposit money, but IMO it's better than the option of not paying the deposit and then not getting in anywhere else.

Is the deposit very expensive?

I know it stinks losing money, but it's probably a good idea to submit the deposit, just in case. On the other hand, if you get accepted into another school you want to go to, you will lose the Ross deposit money, but IMO it's better than the option of not paying the deposit and then not getting in anywhere else.

Yeah you're totally right! It's not very expensive, but 500 bucks IS 500 bucks. I will probably submit the deposit anyway because it's a small price to pay for security. That way I know I won't have to reapply next year and spend the same amount of money on applications.

Oh my god, I have two options, either SF Jan 26th or 27th, or NYC Feb 10th..... So I will either be flying to NYC, then to SF, then to NYC in a week, or from SF, to NYC, to SF in a week!!! this is madness..... (but AWESOME madness!!)

Can we also appreciate how this is happening on Thanksgiving... I feel like they're doing this on purpose....