UK 2014 applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They don't celebrate Thanksgiving over there, so just a coincidence

LOL, I know they don't ;) I was unsuccessfully trying to be funny :) I'm to excited to be funny right now hahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Although the top of the e-mail says "happy thanksgiving" so maybe they were aware ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get emails for the accelerated program? Are the interviews the same do you think for the 5 year? The mmi portion looks insaAane

RVC e-mail...

"
Dear *****,
Happy Thanksgiving. We hope you are enjoying the holidays.

We have deemed your application...."

Maybe I'm just special ;) hahahaha

My e-mail also specified the accelerated program

It said that the initial interview date in NYC had been filled, so I could choose from dates in Jan in SanFran or a date in Feb in NYC... but we all got our e-mails today right? Odd...anyway, did you guys choose your date or was it assigned to you?

Nope I was assigned in January, but it's on Thursday :(
I didn't know they interview people on February too!

The e-mail said they had a feb date because of the number of highly qualified applicants..... but I wonder why some were assigned and others have an option? huh.

To which location are you going?

The e-mail said they had a feb date because of the number of highly qualified applicants..... but I wonder why some were assigned and others have an option? huh.

I am going to NY! I wonder if there are more applicants this year... And I am totally new to MMI interview format!

Mine was assigned but I don't mind since I live in NYC anyway haha

Yay let's all hangout :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was also invited to Edinburgh and London yesterday.

My case with the RVC is a little confusing. I was considered for the 5 year program because they say that the organic chemistry I took was lower level. I just double checked and it was indeed a 2000 level class. Higher level organic chemistry isn't even offered at my school.
I'm just posting to see what level organic chemistry you guys took if you are considered for the 4 year program.

Members don't see this ad :)

My case with the RVC is a little confusing. I was considered for the 5 year program because they say that the organic chemistry I took was lower level. I just double checked and it was indeed a 2000 level class. Higher level organic chemistry isn't even offered at my school.
I'm just posting to see what level organic chemistry you guys took if you are considered for the 4 year program.

I'm not sure what lower level means, however; in my institution we have two types of Organic Chem 1 is for Health Professions (considered easier but not accepted as a pre-req) and the other is regular Organic. Perhaps that is what they mean?

I'm not sure what lower level means, however; in my institution we have two types of Organic Chem 1 is for Health Professions (considered easier but not accepted as a pre-req) and the other is regular Organic. Perhaps that is what they mean?

What was your course number for the class? Mine was something like CHM251 or so. That is usually the indicator what level class it is.

3521, I guess you're right. The health professions does start with a 2.

Same thing happened to me

I just wanted to ask a question to people who applied to other UK schools! Do you guys all have a degree because how I understood other schools' admission process was they only consider students with a bachelor's degree for their 4 year vet medicine program right? (except RVC)
I hope you guys don't mind me asking I was just curious since I could only apply to RVC ( I thought I needed a degree for other schools...)

I just wanted to ask a question to people who applied to other UK schools! Do you guys all have a degree because how I understood other schools' admission process was they only consider students with a bachelor's degree for their 4 year vet medicine program right? (except RVC)
I hope you guys don't mind me asking I was just curious since I could only apply to RVC ( I thought I needed a degree for other schools...)

Yeah I have a BA and am in an MS program right now.

From the RVC website:

College Students from North America

Graduates from North America must apply through the VMCAS application system and not through UCAS.

Applicants are normally final year degree students although students with two years of pre-vet will be considered. A GPA of at least 3.4 is required.

Applicants in the final year of their degree or graduates will normally be considered initially for the Graduate Accelerated BVetMed provided they have taken an appropriate Biological Sciences based degree. Applicants who are selected for interview but unsuccessful in gaining a place on the four year programme may be considered for our five year BVetMed programme.

Edinburgh has a similar statement. All of the schools have pretty explicit entry requirements on their websites.

From the RVC website:

College Students from North America

Graduates from North America must apply through the VMCAS application system and not through UCAS.

Applicants are normally final year degree students although students with two years of pre-vet will be considered. A GPA of at least 3.4 is required.

Applicants in the final year of their degree or graduates will normally be considered initially for the Graduate Accelerated BVetMed provided they have taken an appropriate Biological Sciences based degree. Applicants who are selected for interview but unsuccessful in gaining a place on the four year programme may be considered for our five year BVetMed programme.

Edinburgh has a similar statement. All of the schools have pretty explicit entry requirements on their websites.
Yeah but RVC says two years of pre-vet will be considered, but other schools' website only mentioned that only seniors will be considered! (Maybe not..) Anyway I was just curious Thanks for sharing! :)

People would have been assigned if they live considerably closer to one location over another. I live in Texas, so I dunno whether they'll assign me a location or have me choose since I'm kind of equidistant from SF and NYC.

Both RVC and Edinburgh sent emails out fairly early on informing us that we could interview at either the SF or NYC location. I emailed them both requesting NY since I have a friend I can stay with there. So if you have a preference of location, you can let them know.
Super excited for both interviews!

Random thought just occurred to me and I couldn't find anything on their website about it... Does anyone know if RVC wants transcripts of fall grades to be sent if you've been offered an interview? Thought I'd ask here before I email the admissions team.

Random thought just occurred to me and I couldn't find anything on their website about it... Does anyone know if RVC wants transcripts of fall grades to be sent if you've been offered an interview? Thought I'd ask here before I email the admissions team.
My email says bring the final copy of transcript with the passport for the interview! and they specified to bring cerification of graduation if you already graduated! hope this helps :)

"Your degree certificate, if completed or, if you are still studying, your transcripts showing your results thus far."

Yup ^ mine says exactly that :)

Awesome, thanks guys! I'm going to have quite a bundle with me... two passports, a diploma, and a heap of transcripts. :prof: Hope they can keep it all straight haha

So I got a packet from Edinburgh today that said the same thing the e-mail did.... but I flipped out for the 20 seconds between when I realized who it was from and when I opened it... I was terrified it would be a rejection letter....nope, just a second, snail mail copy of the interview invite, so if anyone else gets one... don't freak out :)

Hi everyone! was just curious if edinburgh will offer admission without an interview?

I don't think so this year.... but who knows...... I think this is the first year they're interviewing though

Anyone heard anything from Dublin recently? The wait is killing me.

Is anyone bringing parents to the Endinburgh MMI? I was not planning on it, but I didn't know if it looks bad if they do not come... both have work and I was planning on see my girlfriend out on the west coast for a few days while I'm out there haha

Is anyone bringing parents to the Endinburgh MMI? I was not planning on it, but I didn't know if it looks bad if they do not come... both have work and I was planning on see my girlfriend out on the west coast for a few days while I'm out there haha
I honestly don't think it'll impact your interview in any way! Haha

Hi there! I'm a little late in finding this thread but I'm interviewing on January 23rd in NYC with RVC! Super stoked but nervous...essentially applied there on a whim. Has anybody started preparing yet? If so, how? Oh, and any idea on how many they're interviewing or accepting for internationals?
It would be awesome to got there!
Also...it is the first school I heard anything from and the only one I've got an interview with, go figure. Got wait listed at another school and still waiting to hear anything from the other 5,all in the US.

Hmm, I would maybe check in with them. I got my interview invite on Thanksgiving day, and I haven't heard anyone else getting news since them. I would e-mail it.

So I'm getting ready to book flights and hotels and what-not, but I'm curious...how much of a "buffer" are you guys giving yourselves for delays? I'm worried with the winter that we had last year, and are supposed to have this year, that flying may prove difficult. But at the same time, I don't want to get there days early and have tons of money racked up in hotel costs....thoughts?

Does anyone know if Edinburgh wants our fall transcripts if we're invited to interview? I couldn't find anything on the website and wanted to check with y'all before emailing.

I got an email today saying UCD wants to interview me in New York...but that was a surprise because I thought they didn't do interviews? I guess they are starting to this year.

Congrats on the invite!!! Edinburgh and MSU are also doing interviews for the first time this year! It must be the new trend lol

I got an email today saying UCD wants to interview me in New York...but that was a surprise because I thought they didn't do interviews? I guess they are starting to this year.
I also received an invite for an interview in New York for the four year program. I was a bit surprised as well, but am looking forward to it.

Does anyone have a good idea of what the interview is going to be like? I got an interview invite also (YAY) and am nervous about ruining it....I read that it'll be in stages but do you know of any other specifics? How are you guys preparing for it?

Does anyone have a good idea of what the interview is going to be like? I got an interview invite also (YAY) and am nervous about ruining it....I read that it'll be in stages but do you know of any other specifics? How are you guys preparing for it?

I'm just going to wing it, love me or hate me, haha. It may help to look at old threads and to ask people who have applied before.

Yeah idk what it's going to be like at all. Are y'all planning on staying overnight in New York?

I've been accepted into Western U (!!!!!), which is tied in first place for me so I think I'm going to cancel my RVC and Edinburgh interviews. Hopefully they have a wait list and can offer those interviews to another applicant.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah idk what it's going to be like at all. Are y'all planning on staying overnight in New York?

Well I live in Brooklyn so that makes my life loads easier, haha.

yup.

I'm interviewing on the 2nd, but flying in the 31st because I'm paranoid about the weather getting bad, so I'll end up staying three nights. I'm flying straight from NYC to SF for my next interview on the 4th, so I have to stay the night of my interview because I can't get any flights to SF that night :/

Question for you folks already there...

Glasgow's website says 11,500 pounds (almost $18,000) is enough for living expenses for a student...does this seem correct? or would you say its higher/lower?

Edinburgh was estimating a little lower, and RVC lower still (which SHOCKS me, I can't imagine London being cheaper than Glasgow/Edinburgh)

What are your thoughts?