UK/Irish Vet Schools c/o 2020/2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tbh I have never really had an issue with the age gap, I am 12 years older than a lot of my classmates... I have now been with them for the last 5 years.... they have all been genuinely good people... they might party a bit differently then I do, but tbh they act very maturely when it comes to the school/social atmosphere most of the time... I have actually found a lot of my US colleagues to be more immature & petty though older which is sad...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So for some reason they gave me a San Francisco interview even tho I live in CT. AND it's the same day as Glasgow. I'm hoping to move it to NYC - sounds like it's the 8th? That would work perfectly for me.

They gave me the same interview in SF & I just emailed and told them I'd be in NYC that day and they moved mine to NYC on the 5th which is perfect :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Edinburgh does waves of interviews or sends them out all at once? I haven't hear anything from them interview/rejection-wise. :sorry:

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, but they defnitely haven't forgoten about you. So just be patient, you should get something soon. Hopefully an interview! :)

The struggle is real. That said, I have a feeling that the interview invites are rolling as I only just received mine last Thursday.
Word should arrive soon! Best of luck!

Officially only waiting on Dublin now... :whistle:

Quick question for all you UK schools applicants: AAVMC says on their website to send Fall and Spring transcripts directly to the schools. Now that this semester is about to be done, (next week for me - yay!) are you guys sending the fall transcript in to your schools now, or are you waiting until the end of the Spring semester to send off both? Does it really matter you think?

I'm sending my Fall tranascript as soon as grades become availble. You probably can send both at the same time though...probably doesn't make a huge difference.

I'm putting it off as long as possible. I'll let them think I'm smart and hopefully they'll accept me before sending in my Biochem grade...

Quick question for all you UK schools applicants: AAVMC says on their website to send Fall and Spring transcripts directly to the schools. Now that this semester is about to be done, (next week for me - yay!) are you guys sending the fall transcript in to your schools now, or are you waiting until the end of the Spring semester to send off both? Does it really matter you think?

I'd verify with the school. Many of them have a deadline for receiving fall grades and usually that deadline is prior to the start of the spring semester. Typically sometime in January. But you best option is to verify with the schools you are applying to.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite for the Graduate Entry for Dublin! Hopefully everyone else who applied there will be receiving theirs soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Yay congrats! Nothing for me yet...hopefully I'll be getting an email soon :) When is your interview?

They said that the dates are the 11th-15th of January in NYC , but I don't know the exact date yet... they will be emailing with the exactt time/date soon

Members don't see this ad :)
My Dublin interview offer came this morning!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats all of you getting Dublin interviews! Nothing for me yet. Does Dublin do 4 year and 5 year programs?

Maybe since neither of us have gotten anything it means they haven't send out all their interview e-mails yet. Hopefully anyways! Anyone else still waiting on UCD? And yes, they do 4 and 5 year programs.

Maybe since neither of us have gotten anything it means they haven't send out all their interview e-mails yet. Hopefully anyways! Anyone else still waiting on UCD? And yes, they do 4 and 5 year programs.

Yep, I'm also still waiting on UCD

Since @DownEastEquestrian mentioned the Graduate Program, it had me thinking maybe they've only sent out the 4 year invites. I know I don't qualify for any of the 4 year programs, since I took the bare minimum courses for my post-bacc. Fingers crossed, anyway! To those of you who got interviews, was it to the 4 or 5 year program? Actually, if it's to the 5 year program I don't want to know. Let me live with my false hope for a little longer :D

Since @DownEastEquestrian mentioned the Graduate Program, it had me thinking maybe they've only sent out the 4 year invites. I know I don't qualify for any of the 4 year programs, since I took the bare minimum courses for my post-bacc. Fingers crossed, anyway! To those of you who got interviews, was it to the 4 or 5 year program? Actually, if it's to the 5 year program I don't want to know. Let me live with my false hope for a little longer :D

4 year! Your hope is not false

But...I applied to the 4 year program :( Although I am missing 1 prerequisite class so maybe they are considering me for the 5 year program? Although I am taking that class right now so I don't see why they would have placed me into thr 5-year batch. Oh well... guess I just gotta be patient and wait for that e-mail!!

Oh, yeah I guess I did too. Hoping for both of us!

Just got an interview invite for the Graduate Entry for Dublin! Hopefully everyone else who applied there will be receiving theirs soon!
I also got my interview invite on Friday! Maybe we will be there the same day :)

Just got my invite to Dublin! Halleluja! Just says Graduate Program, so it doesn't specify 4 or 5 year. :soexcited:

Got my invite to Dublin yesterday, but saw it first thing this morning! Best thing to wake up to :)

Last edited:
For those waiting, I just got a response to my email confirming my interview and they wrote back and said that I would get an interview date and time after 12/11. Not sure how long after 12/11 but I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard back yet.

@mollyandcody I saw that you posted and got so excited :( I hope you hear soon!! There is still hope anyway. I'm not sure what order they're doing them in - if it has to do with when we submitted? - but they obviously didn't go out all at once. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know how it works if we go to a UK school and want to stay there? Is it fairly easy to get residency or be allowed to work there legally after graduation? Is it even possible with American student loans but UK income/taxes?

Does anyone know how it works if we go to a UK school and want to stay there? Is it fairly easy to get residency or be allowed to work there legally after graduation? Is it even possible with American student loans but UK income/taxes?

I know that your student visa is good for 6 months after you graduate. After that you have be sponsored by an employer and reapply for a work visa I believe. But I don't know how internships or residencies work or what type of visa you need for those. The student from Edinburgh I spoke to implied that the process was doable but not particularly common. I suspect the hardest part in the process is finding an employer willing to sponsor you.

I know that your student visa is good for 6 months after you graduate. After that you have be sponsored by an employer and reapply for a work visa I believe. But I don't know how internships or residencies work or what type of visa you need for those. The student from Edinburgh I spoke to implied that the process was doable but not particularly common. I suspect the hardest part in the process is finding an employer willing to sponsor you.

^ this. And it's hard to get an internship/residency over there straight out of school. You would be sponsored by them if you did though on a work Visa.

Also whoever said they got something saying Graduate Program, that means 4 year program.

...or you find a long-term British partner.

BAHAHAHA i love where this thread has gone. . .

I just got my interview time and date! January 11th at 2:20 pm! Anyone else know if they're going on that date?:)

January 12th, 11:40am in NYC.

Just found out I've been accepted to Dublin's four year program!:)

Reactions: 3 users
Just found out I've been accepted to Dublin's four year program!:)

Me too! Recieved a personalized phone call on my cell from the admissions department. Super excited :) Congrats Vavoom!!!

Congrats!!! Did they ask you for a phone number? I emailed a rather straight forward question today and they responded asking me for my phone number. But I already have a scheduled interview.