UK student requires advice in regards to funding options.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stuart123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Hello..

I live in the Northeast of England and have a Social Work (BA) and will becompleting a Psychology (MA) over the next year. I fully intend to progress myeducation to PH.D./Psy.D. I feel that I would like to study in the US as I feelthis would be an opportunity for me to experience life outside of the UK.However I really have no idea about funding options or if there are any fundingoptions for international students. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello..

I live in the Northeast of England and have a Social Work (BA) and will becompleting a Psychology (MA) over the next year. I fully intend to progress myeducation to PH.D./Psy.D. I feel that I would like to study in the US as I feelthis would be an opportunity for me to experience life outside of the UK.However I really have no idea about funding options or if there are any fundingoptions for international students. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart.

You should take any program that doesn't provide 100% funding(aka tuition remission +stipend) off the table because you will be ineligible for federal student loans, unless you happen to be a refugee or some other special class.

You should take any program that doesn't provide 100% funding(aka tuition remission +stipend) off the table because you will be ineligible for federal student loans, unless you happen to be a refugee or some other special class.

Thank you. Can you recommend any programs?