Ultrasound courses for attendings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

la gringa

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the totally unenviable position of having been trained in ultrasound during residency but then having jobs where ultrasound wasn't supported and EM docs weren't even credentialed for the following 2.5 years. Kinda dropped the ball in picking it back up in the following 2.5 years where it was sort of easier to get into a course through my group but it was tough to schedule for me. Finished training in 2009 fwiw.

Now in a job where nearly everyone uses US and I feel like the old dinosaur - though I'm not old at all!

What is the best course for someone like me, who has plenty of experience doing scans, but very very deficient in procedural US, which is where I'm the least skilled??? It was just coming into popularity when I was a resident...

fwiw I live in the SE but can fly anywhere, working mostly 12's so have plenty of free time right now.

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@la gringa

Just curious, how's the new job working out, compared to the last one?

Well I just started end of Dec... going well so far. Generally a less obtrusive power structure as far as the group. Met with my accountant last week to maximize 1099 deductions. New site starts up later in the month and that will be my main site.

and thanks McNinja... trying to figure out what I need for credentialing, looking like it's going to be more than I'd really like due to my fortune of having graduated in 2009 vs 2010 when apparently there was some change in requirements. My program was an early adopter of US, oh well. Easy CME but those US courses are not cheap!!!

I would recommend any of the courses by these guys:

http://www.ultrasoundpodcast.com/live-courses/

I went to their conference Castlefest a few years ago and it was great. Looks like that course is sold out for this year, but maybe keep an eye out for the future, or check out their Yellowstone course.