Ultrasound Machine; which is considered the "best" for MSK/Pain practices?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Think it is time to upgrade my U/s machine. I do all forms of U/s guided procedures outside the spine. Nerves, ligaments, tendons, bursae etc. Anything neuroaxial I do under fluoro.

I do a lot of pudendal nerve blocks which are pretty deep and I need resolution for those. I use high frequency and low frequency probes.

Which is considered the best machine on the market currently, that is "realistic" for outpatient pain practice? I'm sure there are some multi-hundred thousand dollar stationary tower U/s machines which would only be within a Hospital's reach.

I'd ideally like a portable machine. If there is a massive quality increase to a tower machine I could consider it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I Think it is time to upgrade my U/s machine. I do all forms of U/s guided procedures outside the spine. Nerves, ligaments, tendons, bursae etc. Anything neuroaxial I do under fluoro.

I do a lot of pudendal nerve blocks which are pretty deep and I need resolution for those. I use high frequency and low frequency probes.

Which is considered the best machine on the market currently, that is "realistic" for outpatient pain practice? I'm sure there are some multi-hundred thousand dollar stationary tower U/s machines which would only be within a Hospital's reach.

I'd ideally like a portable machine. If there is a massive quality increase to a tower machine I could consider it.

Thanks!

What is the reason you want to upgrade? What do you feel your current machine is lacking in?