UMass English Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumb0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from college this year, and I am now engaged in a DIY post bacc to boost my GPA before applying in 2016.

I am a Massachusetts resident, and I want to apply to UMass. In fact. It is my top choice. The thing is they require one year of English.

I got a 780 on my SAT Writing section and was thus exempt from Part I of the English requirement at my school. For Part II of this college writing requirement, I opted to take Intro to Philosophy instead of an English class.

This satisfied the one year of English requirement for school...but I fear that UMass will not accept this for their English requirement...

As someone who got 780 in SAT writing, 760 on SAT reading, 5 on AP Lit, and a current average of 12+ on AAMC FL Verbal reasoning subsections...I would HATE to devote my precious DIY postbacc slots to 2 semesters of English when I could be boosting my sGPA with BCPM courses.

Someone please tell me they will be lenient about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Wrong Sub-forum. Reposting in Pre-Medical Allopathic General. Please Delete this thread