UMD vs PSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noman1006

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UMD.

Penn State's parent body protected a child molester for 20 years.

Hey everyone, I've narrowed it down to Maryland or Penn State. If anyone has any advice on how to decide, or if they made this decision in the past (Current Med Students); I am open to any suggestions!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
UMD.

Penn's parent body protected a child molester for 20 years.

in one ten word post, you managed to insult two schools, one in State College, and one in University City Philly

/Maryland... Baltimore beats a suburb of Harrisburg any day of the week.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptances. To answer your question, consider where you will be happiest. Both are quality institutions and will provide you with a great medical education. How did you feel during your interviews? Where were people friendlier? How was the commute? What fun things are nearby? Maryland is closer to the beach. PSU is close to Hershey Park.

I don't know much about Maryland, but I interviewed at Penn State. I wasn't a fan of Hershey. I vote Maryland 100%

UMD, great school (apart from the ABCDF grading in MS1 and 2) - and Baltimore is actually a pretty awesome place.

For anybody who is unsure about Baltimore, I highly recommend checking out this awesome photo album assembled by a local photographer/blogger.

Last edited: