UMDNJ Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This. I also didn't get a call, so I called them at 4:00 pm Monday. The decision, whether it's a waitlist or a rejection, will come in the mail.

its defin a waitlist versus a rejection. UMDNJ-SOM rarely rejects applicants post interview ...

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone else randomly get an application complete email? i got one last night even though my application has been complete since august...

could this be a sign they are actually looking at it or just random?

did anyone else randomly get an application complete email? i got one last night even though my application has been complete since august...

I got the same email...i think its random, but i HOPE it means something

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm pretty sure that it's random, because I already interviewed there and got my decision, and I got that e-mail, lol.

I sent my Secondary back in August and come to think of it I never received a complete email and now some of you are receiving duplicate complete emails, I am worried now! I also sent an email to the admin office a week ago about a different question and never received a response. I guess it is time to call them and see what's up...perhaps I am missing something. :(

I sent my Secondary back in August and come to think of it I never received a complete email and now some of you are receiving duplicate complete emails, I am worried now! I also sent an email to the admin office a week ago about a different question and never received a response. I guess it is time to call them and see what's up...perhaps I am missing something. :(

I only got one email. I knew I was complete before bc I called.

i think they lost my application.. i called and the lady said she couldnt find it.. she told me to call next week... !?!?!

Last edited:
i think they lost my application.. i called and the lady said she couldnt find it.. she told me to call next week... !?!?!

make sure you call and they have it ..this isnt the first time its happened. .I know 2 people personally whose applications were lost and led to a lot of hassles. They are human it happens so its better to know whats going on.

has anyone who was accepted during the latest batch received their acceptance packet yet :confused:

has anyone who was accepted during the latest batch received their acceptance packet yet :confused:

When I called last Monday, April said they would send out the packet next week, meaning this past week...But I haven't gotten anything yet either.. =/

Congrats!

You said your interview was short also right? If you don't mind sharing, what questions were you asked? I can't help thinking that my 10 minute interview played a factor in me getting waitlisted, and I feel helpless.

Thank you!

It was not 10 minutes but I would say more 20 minutes. It was definitely shorter than the other people's before mine though. Was your interview right before lunch or later in the afternoon? Maybe your interviewer was hungry or had to go to a meeting or something afterwards?

I can't remember too many questions, because it was really more based on questions that stemmed from our conversation. But I do remember being asked to describe a leadership position. Surprisingly I was not asked "Why DO?" or "Why medicine?" but I suppose my personal statement and secondary covered the answers to those. At the end, he asked if I had any questions for him about UMDNJ.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me either! =) Are you definitely attending UMDNJ-SOM? Does the packet include a big to-do list ? I don't even know haha

Yep :D

I'm anxiously waiting for the packet still. I want to give them my money for the deposit. But ya, I think the health forms are in there. I want to make sure everything is all set on that front ASAP.

Oh, so no one else received their packet last week either? Glad to know it's not just me, haha!

Just curious if you ever called them about your status?

Just so those of you who are accepted, I'm a student in the grad school, and just picked up my acceptance packet today, so they definitely went out today. So they should be in your hands soon!

Just so those of you who are accepted, I'm a student in the grad school, and just picked up my acceptance packet today, so they definitely went out today. So they should be in your hands soon!

thanks for the update :thumbup:

Just received my acceptance packet this morning.

I am assuming they will be sending the health forms at a later date??

I also sent in a secondary back in aug or even july I think and haven't received an email or anything from them and I also called them two times leaving my number and name to the person who picked she said that they will call me back with my status but both times never did.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am with this school?

Last edited:
anyone else notice that the acceptance letter says entering class of 2011 instead of 2012 :confused:

Ya I wouldn't worry they probably forgot to change it.

Just got mine this morning too. No health forms here either...

I was just coming on to ask this. I think that they might send them out later? :shrug:

If someone calls let me know, I haven't had the time. :)

I also sent in a secondary back in aug or even july I think and haven't received an email or anything from them and I also called them two times leaving my number and name to the person who picked she said that they will call me back with my status but both times never did.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am with this school?

You should call again and ask to speak directly to Ms. Watkins. The admissions office is usually very helpful, and she will definitely be able to tell you the status of your application. Make sure to not call during lunch time because they don't really pick up in those hours lol

You should call again and ask to speak directly to Ms. Watkins. The admissions office is usually very helpful, and she will definitely be able to tell you the status of your application. Make sure to not call during lunch time because they don't really pick up in those hours lol

thanks for the info! i FINALLY got someone to tell me my status.

did anyone get an interview recently? I'm wondering if there are still slots open within the next couple of months. I handed in my secondary at the end of October, but I think it got lost somewhere. I sent in another copy yesterday. At the open house, Paula told me to inform her as soon as I hand in the secondary to schedule an interview, based on my numbers.

Anyone else expecting a call today?
did anyone get an acceptance call this past friday? thread didn't have any updates so I'm wondering (and hoping) if they're saving the calls for today???

really confused... did anybody hear back this round? 3rd friday was the 18th... tried calling admissions around 4:15 but nobody has been picking up. I know not every pre-med in the world uses this site but if someone was accepted fri or monday let us know so I can accept a potential wait list in my mind haha

i just joined so i could respond to your message! i have been reading this thread for a while and i am in the same situation. i did not get a call friday, monday or today. i called the admissions office around 10 am and i was told to wait for something in the mail and that it would come this week....so maybe you will have to wait for the mail too?

I'm thinking that probably means waitlist? I thought acceptances received calls. Unless they're just really busy or something around the holidays, but that is just me being a wishful thinker haha

Hi! Another SND'er called the admissions office Monday morning, and they told her that all calls had gone out on Friday. If anyone has received a letter please feel free to share. I haven't heard anything either, but I'm west coast. :(

after hearing about these separate phone calls to the admissions office we will probably have to wait for the mail since we didn't get calls friday...oh well, we all did our best to get into this school. besides, if it is a "waitlist" answer it is not a definitive "no" so there is still a chance. i wish you all the best of luck when you get your mail!

Hey Yall,

I got an interview for December 23rd. :) Anyone else going to be out there that day. I am very excited even though its close to Christmas. I am also guessing that because of that they might not have the decision till later. What are my chances 30Q, 3.5GPA from Berkeley, CA resident, tons of volunteer and research experience. I am super excited, I have a friend from the area and he has only told me great things about NJ.

Hey guys, any idea what the tuition (in-state and out-state) might come out to be for 2012-2013? I am aware it had dramatically increased over the past few years.

Hi,
I have an interview at this school rather soon. My AACOMAS GPA is somewhere around a 3.6(maybe lower) and my MCAT is a 32R. I don't have a DO letter of recommendation but do have one from an MD. Is this OK? For some reason, I heard they really prefer you to have a DO LOR. I attended the open house in April as well. Please reply asap thanks!

Has anyone had any success calling them? I must have called like 4 times today as well as last Friday around 2PM EST and nobody answered. I sent out an email too and no response...

Yea, other members were discussing the state funding cuts or something. I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Hey all, here is an Excel file version of their 2011 match list with a little bit of data analysis. Consider it helpful, but do not base your choice of medical school solely on it!

Attachments

• UMDNJ-SOM 2011.xlsx
    21.4 KB · Views: 185
I really do love the school, but I just declined my offer of acceptance in favor of another. It was a hard decision.

Good luck to whoever's waiting for an answer!

Didn't get a phone call today. I guess I got a rejection/waitlist.

Yeah, I didn't get a phone call either today. What does that mean? My AACOMAS GPA is around a 3.6 and my MCAT is a 32R. I have over 220 hours of volunteering and other strong ECs...Do you think they might get back to us on Monday with acceptances as well? I'm really bummed...:(

Last edited: