UMKC interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I'm from southern California and interviewed on March 29. I just received my letter and I got accepted! good luck to everyone!!

anyone who got accepted looking for a place to live? :oops:

Congrats! I still haven't received my letter yet. :( Which part of SoCal are you from? I'm from the Orange County area.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I still haven't received my letter yet. :( Which part of SoCal are you from? I'm from the Orange County area.

Hey Cinnamoroll12

I'm from LA county, but more in btwn Orange & LA county! You should be getting yours soon then. Prob tomorrow? Good Luck! if you get accepted, maybe we should help ea other find apartments :O)

Hey Cinnamoroll12

I'm from LA county, but more in btwn Orange & LA county! You should be getting yours soon then. Prob tomorrow? Good Luck! if you get accepted, maybe we should help ea other find apartments :O)

Nope, no letter today either. :( If I don't get a letter by the time the mailman stops by around 11 am tomorrow, then I'll call the office. On the yellow sheet of paper that we picked up at the lobby after the interview, it says that we should contact them if we don't get anything by May 1. Or maybe I'm in the rejection pool. Well if I do get accepted, then we can definitely search for a place to rent together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm much closer and haven't gotten a letter yet. It messes with your head when you know that not getting anything is bad. I wish they would just tell me. But they don't want to reject anyone until their class is full, I suppose.

Still, gah!

How did everyone who was accepted leave their interview feeling?

If we didn't hear by the 1st of May we are suppose to give them a call...response for the school is the 19th and they should have a waitlist established by now also...:luck:

If we didn't hear by the 1st of May we are suppose to give them a call...response for the school is the 19th and they should have a waitlist established by now also...:luck:

Thanks for the info, pharm mom. By the way, congrats for getting in! :hardy:

I'm much closer and haven't gotten a letter yet. It messes with your head when you know that not getting anything is bad. I wish they would just tell me. But they don't want to reject anyone until their class is full, I suppose.

Still, gah!

How did everyone who was accepted leave their interview feeling?

I thought the interview was laidback and relaxing, although I kind of screwed up on the first question (but made it up later in the interview). Since I barely had a week notice to prepare for the interview (they made a typo on my email address so it didn't get sent until then), I didn't focus on prepping for the essay portion, even though the topic was not hard at all.

From the UMKC thread last year, it seems to me that those who didn't get accepted were placed on the waitlist because I noticed one person was #80 on the waitlist. Probably from what Abcluck said previously, they haven't sent out the rejection letters for those who didn't get an interview invite yet. These are just my thoughts. :confused:

Thanks!!! #80 would be bad but if your like #10 or so it would be okay since some will decline the invite anyways so don't give up.:)

Thanks!!! #80 would be bad but if your like #10 or so it would be okay since some will decline the invite anyways so don't give up.:)

I figured that there will be a number of people who will be declining their acceptances because it's a 5 year program and that some have probably got accepted to other schools. Are you planning to attend UMKC since you live 15 minutes away from campus?

I am happy to have gotten an invitation but I am still waiting on one other school which is a four year school to reply...of course if I do not get in to it then I will accept the invite...did you not apply to any other schools? Have you not heard anything yet? Try calling them it could be lost. Good luck!!!

I am happy to have gotten an invitation but I am still waiting on one other school which is a four year school to reply...of course if I do not get in to it then I will accept the invite...did you not apply to any other schools? Have you not heard anything yet? Try calling them it could be lost. Good luck!!!

I'm on the alternate list without interview for Creighton, so they'll evaluate my application at the end of May. I haven't heard anything from Howard since last fall yet. I had just called Howard and the lady told me to just wait for a letter in the mail (probably a rejection). The mailman just dropped by and no letter for me. I just emailed the office earlier about this, so I'll see from there.

I called the office around 2-ish pm Central time earlier, and no one picked up the phone. I just read the news and found out that a big storm and tornadoes hit this morning over in the Kansas City area. I'm guessing that's why no one picked up the phone? I do hope everything is ok over there.

Apparently they are sending out the "alternate list" letters as well. I know this, because I am apparently on that list :rolleyes: #21, so that's probably going to be a "no", but better than getting outright rejected. They sent it to the wrong address, too (my parent's, luckily, but I never gave them that address), so I hope that didn't happen to anyone else.

Not that I'm surprised, I left the interview feeling insane, though I thought I had good answers on my questionnaire/essay, and I have pretty good stats. I'm still waiting on KU to send something, too.

I hope everyone hears something soon, but if you are wait listed, you have to wait until June to hear again. So, here's to more waiting! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently they are sending out the "alternate list" letters as well. I know this, because I am apparently on that list :rolleyes: #21, so that's probably going to be a "no", but better than getting outright rejected. They sent it to the wrong address, too (my parent's, luckily, but I never gave them that address), so I hope that didn't happen to anyone else.

Not that I'm surprised, I left the interview feeling insane, though I thought I had good answers on my questionnaire/essay, and I have pretty good stats. I'm still waiting on KU to send something, too.

I hope everyone hears something soon, but if you are wait listed, you have to wait until June to hear again. So, here's to more waiting! :D

Yes, I also thought I gave them my thorough answers on the questionnaire (that's because I wasn't really under pressure). My stats aren't that great though, but I guess I made it through that hurdle to the interview process right? :oops: I honestly wouldn't have came up with the answers on the spot if it weren't for the posted interview feedbacks from our fellow SDNers. :) I know that the interviewers were trying to make us feel comfortable, and more not like an interrogation. I do think you have a high chance of getting off from the waitlist. Just hope that a lot of people won't be planning to attend UMKC. :smuggrin: This is the only school that I have hope in getting accepted to this year.

cinnamoroll12, my thoughts exactly. I don't want to ask my teachers again for recommendations and re-write those essays is going to be a pain; I'm out of ideas.

Let's cross our fingers and hope we're placed on a high rank waitinglist.

Well, good luck to you.

And congratulations to everyone who got in. I forgot to say that earlier.

cinnamoroll12, my thoughts exactly. I don't want to ask my teachers again for recommendations and re-write those essays is going to be a pain; I'm out of ideas.

Same here, I'm totally worried about getting letters of rec if I don't get in. The problem is that there are ~300-450 students in my typical class and it's hard to know the professor on a personal basis. I got a letter from my bio prof at a CC (since I'm a transfer student), but I asked him twice in the past to write me one for pharm school. Last year, I applied to only MCPHS just for a kick after completing the prereqs, but I didn't get in...so I asked him again this year. I think it's kind of weird to ask him for a third time, so I guess I have to start looking for at least another professor to write me one this summer. :rolleyes:

The reason why I randomly chose UMKC was because it didn't require a personal statement and supplemental application. But after my interview visit, I'm impressed with the faculty and students there. :)

If anyone is still waiting for a letter, I have just received a message from the office today. It says that the letters were sent on Wednesday and if we don't receive anything in the few days, then contact their office.

Lolz, I'm in the 50s rank. Not even a slightest hope. Well, back to the drawing board. Another dreadful year coming. :(

G'luck to everyone else.

I'm in the 30s for the Kansas City campus and 40s for the satellite campus. :( Congrats to all who got in and good luck to those who are on the alternate list.

Do any of you guys know about how many people got pulled off from the alternate list in the past?

I don't know about this year but I read old threads, someone with #47 actually got in. You have much more hope than I do. I'm not taking my chances, I'm preparing for the next cycle even though the application process won't start until June. :scared:

I don't know about this year but I read old threads, someone with #47 actually got in. You have much more hope than I do. I'm not taking my chances, I'm preparing for the next cycle even though the application process won't start until June. :scared:

See, I am wondering whether I should start working on my apps for the next cycle or not. This time, I really want to apply EARLY, but then am on the waitlist for 2 schools.

Hey, I got into the KC campus and was wondering what people were doing regarding living situations! It's so hard to find a nice place to live esp when you can't check them out personally. Either way let me know, and good luck to everyone that's still waiting!

For those of you that got accepted or wait listed what were your stats?? Just curious because I am applying here and wondering what some of you guys had...

Thanks