UMN interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I applied this week at UMN. Hope to get interviewed.
Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys
i got an interview for nov 14th
any anyone plz telll me which is a good hotel thats close and cheap to stay in near the coll and how is the transportation from airport to coll area.
i got no idea and any help would be grt
thanks

hi guys
i got an interview for nov 14th
any anyone plz telll me which is a good hotel thats close and cheap to stay in near the coll and how is the transportation from airport to coll area.
i got no idea and any help would be grt
thanks

There is Day's Inn. Pretty close to school. They have a free ride to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
thankz g3k
luckily yest i booked that hotel only
any idea wat we need to bring for the interview
i called to ask but no one on call
do we need all our original documents
and another thing does the hotel has pickup facility from airport?

thankz g3k
luckily yest i booked that hotel only
and another thing does the hotel has pickup facility from airport?

Hi:

They say in the web site that you have to bring originals to the interview but they did not ask for them...

I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel, it was about 30 dollars... In the morning the hotel has a shuttle service to the school...it is free...
Then, from the hotel to the airport I scheduled a "shuttle" service that the hotel recommended... it is cheaper than a taxi, the service is very good and they were on time....

I used the public transportation...

1. There is a HUMPHREY TERMINAL station in the airport. Don't forget to buy a ticket on the station before boarding a tram.
2. Arrive to METRODOME station.
3. Do NOT cross the road. Take the Bus #16.
4. It will take you directly to the UMN (WASHINGTON AV SE & UNION / HARVARD ST SE).
5. Five minutes walking to the Days Inn.

Total trip time from the airport: 45-50 min
And it costs only $2 :)

thanks axis and elto
real helpful info
hope all the trouble is worth it

gl at your interview.Commute is not a big problem there. Like elto said cabs are not bad. When you to ground transportation at the airport, there is a shuttle service called Super Shuttle. Go to their counter(not difficult to find) and the ticket is 10$. You can schedulethe shuttle a day before by calling them at-1 800 258 3826. U will be sharing ride with other ppl but that is way to meet the locals. :thumbup:

thankz g3k

They did ask to look for my original documents and of all the others who were on my interview day. So guess it wouldnt hurt to take it , just in case...

Good luck for ur interviews

Hi,
Did anyone who attended the oct 31 interview in UMN hear anything
just anxious as its going to be 2 weeks since we had the interview
Hope to hear from them soon:thumbup:

I got a call on December the 20th... last year :p

This year I got a rejection :(

hello everyone
firstly thankyou so much guys for all the info it was so helpful ..commuting was not at all a prob i took the rail and spent only 2$ each day going to and fro'
as for the interview it was amzing ,,i didnt feel like i was being interview it just felt like i was having a conversation with a fellow doctor..i loved the college its so beautiful ,,its such a pity there are so few seats..
i was interviewed by dr. berthold, and two other faculty members and they were so friendly and nice people.
well now i have my fingers crossed and praying hard..hope everything goes well and i get the magic call

Members don't see this ad :)
the above statement is pretty right , i had my interview on the 14th aswell , for the one s having the interview next , just a nice dress , a smile , and don t even think of preparing for the interview , it s a conversation about life and your self with Dr. Berthold and three other faculty , all of them nice and warm so as Janet . The train is great , there is another option which is the super shuttle $15 , I took that one , practical and safter in a new place . Regarding to the University and the program , thumbs up . Any way that will be described on the interview . Tip : review geography and demography regarding to the area , jeje .
Good luck to all and the three other people on my interview

thanks jayshree ,,i guess u got acceptance in umn.so u joining? all the best for that

hey loco18 how u doing?it was good to meet u ,,do tell us when u get any info from them...goodluck:thumbup:

thanks jayshree ,,i guess u got acceptance in umn.so u joining? all the best for that

hey loco18 how u doing?it was good to meet u ,,do tell us when u get any info from them...goodluck:thumbup:

Hi , was nice meeting you too . Hope to be classmates and of course we ll be in touch. You mightt remember when Dr. berthold talked about people quoting phrases on personal statement and I said something like lazy people do that , obviously me making fun of myself since I finished my statement with a quote which I am going to post againg since i truly believe on that and belongs to Paulo Cohelo on his book , one of my favorites , The Alquimist , " When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it "
see you soon

Hi All,
Any one to share accommodation on Dec 5 for UMN Interview. Please Respond.

Thanks,
Dent07

congrats jay,did u hear anything from ucsf.

hi...
can u please tell me the link to apply for international dentist program?
What I see is for masters in different branches...I know I am late in applying but i want to give a try...any help appreciated please....

Hi , was nice meeting you too . Hope to be classmates and of course we ll be in touch. You mightt remember when Dr. berthold talked about people quoting phrases on personal statement and I said something like lazy people do that , obviously me making fun of myself since I finished my statement with a quote which I am going to post againg since i truly believe on that and belongs to Paulo Cohelo on his book , one of my favorites , The Alquimist , " When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it "
see you soon

The Alchemist...one of my favorite books. Anyhow, good luck to all U of MN applicants. I'll be finishing my first semester there in another 3 weeks and I think you guys all chose a great school.

hey loco81
did u hear anything from umn .....an any idea if anyone from our grp heard from them...?how long did they say they l take to tell us?im just tired of waiting......

hey loco81
did u hear anything from umn .....an any idea if anyone from our grp heard from them...?how long did they say they l take to tell us?im just tired of waiting......
I did not hear anything too they said maximum 3 weeks it means next week they will call .

hi , i did not hear anything aswell , maybe we ll do so next week . let s keep in touch

:)

Hi, is it too late to apply. I just have to reapply??

hey naz i think u should apply coz dr berthold said that they will be seeing a surge in application in dec and they wait till the last interview to fill all the seats ..so its not too late..but werent u accepted in uic???rnt u joining that?

Did anyone get an interview call for dec 19th?
I have scheduled for the interview on the 19 of dec. Are you a female? if yes, are you willing to share the accomodation

Hey All!

Was just curious to know if anybody who has recently interviewed at UMN has heard back from them. I interviewed on Nov.28th and am enduring the suspense.

Best,
SLS

Hey All!

Was just curious to know if anybody who has recently interviewed at UMN has heard back from them. I interviewed on Nov.28th and am enduring the suspense.

Best,
SLS
hi I have not heard anything too.mine was on 14th of november .I really donot know why it has taken so long :confused:.please let all of us know if you heard something.Thanks

Well...Ms.Campanaro said they take about 3-4 weeks to make a decision. Guess, I just gotto get back to biting my nails. :)

hey guys
i got the magic call too well actually it was an email as i was out of town and im soooooooooooo excited
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:
hey congrats lucky 87 .....so have u paid the money ...do let me know as i have to do it too we can discuss...ur interview was on 14th nov???i had it that day too so i might be knowing u .....any hint who u r?
hey loco81 did u hear anything from them?

Congrats lucky & hellorose..

I have withdrawn my application - so there shld be one more spot opening up..

Gd luck..

Its a waste of time and money to apply to UMN if your score is below 90 thats what I have been observing, you get a straight rejection letter from them even with 89.
However, they don't tell you in their criteria just says 84 and above but haven't heard anyone called for interview below 90, no offenses....I maybe wrong.

Congrats to all who got in....
merry christmas and happy new year....

U are so wrong in that..

The 1st interview batch had ppl with 87 and ppl with low 90s got accepted earlier while the others with higher scores had to wait a longer time...

So saying UMN rejects all with below 90s - not true at all...

Its a waste of time and money to apply to UMN if your score is below 90 thats what I have been observing, you get a straight rejection letter from them even with 89.
However, they don't tell you in their criteria just says 84 and above but haven't heard anyone called for interview below 90, no offenses....I maybe wrong.
I am also below 90. they pay too much attention to your interview and personal statement.

I have to disagree. You will be shocked (cause I was) to know that I have been invited for an interview at UMN with a NBDE part 1 score of 81 and a part 2 of 80 (and these scores were from the old format too). Now I know that these scores are not competitive at all and frankly it was foolish of me to even submit an application to UMN knowing that other candidates scored so high on their boards but hey... I got an interview. I was asked during my interview by Dr. Berthold and the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs why I had low Board scores but I wouldn't say that it was an issue really because Dr. Berthold himself told me that he once accepted a candidate with board scores lower than mine (maybe just a point) and he said and I quote " it was a very good decision because the student actually did very well in the clinics".

So, just for the other people out there who are trying to get in to this school or any other school for that matter... if your board scores are low, don't lose hope. But it's smart though to take them again and get a higher score just to give you a little bit more of an edge. I think I just got lucky...double lucky actually cause I got an acceptance at another school. :hardy:

congrats!
I have to disagree. You will be shocked (cause I was) to know that I have been invited for an interview at UMN with a NBDE part 1 score of 81 and a part 2 of 80 (and these scores were from the old format too). Now I know that these scores are not competitive at all and frankly it was foolish of me to even submit an application to UMN knowing that other candidates scored so high on their boards but hey... I got an interview. I was asked during my interview by Dr. Berthold and the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs why I had low Board scores but I wouldn't say that it was an issue really because Dr. Berthold himself told me that he once accepted a candidate with board scores lower than mine (maybe just a point) and he said and I quote " it was a very good decision because the student actually did very well in the clinics".

So, just for the other people out there who are trying to get in to this school or any other school for that matter... if your board scores are low, don't lose hope. But it's smart though to take them again and get a higher score just to give you a little bit more of an edge. I think I just got lucky...double lucky actually cause I got an acceptance at another school. :hardy:

Congrats and thanks for your valuable suggestion. Could you please share your professional experience also, that might have played an important role in the selection process apart from your scores.

Best of luck! :thumbup:

Cheers !

Thank you Kal ka dentist!
7 years total as a dentist in the Philippines 6 years of which I specialized in Orthodontics. And then 2.5 years as a Dental Hygienist here in Florida. They sure don't straight out reject your application even if you have low scores. They look at everything, GPA, Toefl, NBDE, personal statements, and I have to admit that they do put a lot of weight on the interviews.

I have been interviewd in Minnesota eventhough my score are low, I have 81 on the first part and 80 on the second, I think they are not looking for a person who is just a high score,they are looking for more than that ,please do not give up your dreams, every thing is posible I have low scores and I got accepted in Texas, So every one have a chance to do it just go for it

Hey! it was great meeting u on the 19th. Do let us know if u hear from UMN. Hope u had a safe journey. I had a terrible one, thanks to the bad weather:(
I have been interviewd in Minnesota eventhough my score are low, I have 81 on the first part and 80 on the second, I think they are not looking for a person who is just a high score,they are looking for more than that ,please do not give up your dreams, every thing is posible I have low scores and I got accepted in Texas, So every one have a chance to do it just go for it

i wanted to know how good umn PASS is?
i interviewed at umn but still wasnt able to guage the program!
so if any1 can fill me in!!!!:confused:

hey guys
i got the magic call too well actually it was an email as i was out of town and im soooooooooooo excited
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:
hey congrats lucky 87 .....so have u paid the money ...do let me know as i have to do it too we can discuss...ur interview was on 14th nov???i had it that day too so i might be knowing u .....any hint who u r?
hey loco81 did u hear anything from them?

HI!
Congrats! That is great news? I wanted to ask you that does UMN require you to have dental experience in US? Do you have some dental experience in US? Good luck to you.