Unbalanced MCAT? Low Verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc888

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my MCAT score back: 33 (9-V 11-P 13-B)
I'm okay with my score but I'm worried that the verbal score is too low. Also, would this be considered an unbalanced score? Not sure if I should retake. Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm okay with my score but I'm worried that the verbal score is too low. Also, would this be considered an unbalanced score? Not sure if I should retake. Any advice would be appreciated!

... Really?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate people like you. "I only scored a 36...i can't get in anywhere!"

Reactions: 1 users
I hate people like you. "I only scored a 36...i can't get in anywhere!"
... Except for it was a 33, 3 points lower than a 36, and the 33 was admittedly borderline unbalanced. OP didn't do anything wrong, because of ignorance, but you did by saying you hate people like him/her and implying a caustic and sour attitude. Give OP a break.

Reactions: 1 users
... Except for it was a 33, 3 points lower than a 36, and the 33 was admittedly borderline unbalanced. OP didn't do anything wrong, because of ignorance, but you did by saying you hate people like him/her and implying a caustic and sour attitude. Give OP a break.
i never said OP.

Yeah but it was clear that you were referencing him/her... why would you just randomly make a comment like that..
honestly, i dont reemeber what i meant when i wrote taht. I apologize if that bothers anyone but I still dont like it when people with amazing scores get all sad and depressed and sad about how "bad" their score is when others try just as hard and struggle to break say, 30 or even 27.

Reactions: 1 user
On what basis does one make the conclusion that score break down is "unbalanced"?

On what basis does one make the conclusion that score break down is "unbalanced"?
I tried to imply what I would answer to this, when I said "admittedly borderline" and "because of ignorance." I didn't say that he had an unbalanced score, but rather it wasn't perfectly balanced, and the fact that there is so much talk about this vague and therefore unclear concept called "an unbalanced score" on SDN renders OP's possible confusion understandable. In other words, while his score may not have been unbalanced enough to worry about, the fact that people have talked so much about the harm in having (an unbalanced score) makes the OP's possibly irrational worry forgivable. That's all I meant by that.

If I misinterpreted your question, and you were asking me out of curiosity when one should classify their score as unbalanced, I'm afraid you'll have to ask a wiser SDN guru than me. :D

I am in the same dilemma but 33 (9-V 13-P 11-B). I think our scores don't justify a retake, but as was said earlier, I don't plan on applying to many schools that have a verbal average of 11 or more. PM me if you feel like talking/making school lists