Unbearable regret

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im only a "troll" in the sense that it's easy to respond like this when an entire forum obsesses over you.

Yeah, like its hard to fake being an idiot and smile while telling people who are stupider than me what they want to hear.

I can tell you don't have inlaws.
On the off chance that you're a real person, I feel bad for your husband. He must have been extremely desperate.

Members don't see this ad.

You are new here and perhaps you are not aware of our culture. We are not here to deliberately hurt others feelings, particularly someone who is already hurting and reaching out to an anonymous forum for help. If you can be supportive and deliver bad news with a spoonful of honey, you are welcome to continue to be part of our community. If you find it enjoyable to sh it all over others, please take it elsewhere.

Wish we could sticky this post! :nod:

Reactions: 3 users
I'm flattered that so many of you are so interested in me.

As far as this trite text, you (along with many others) erroneously think being a doctor is about "helping people". Being a doctor is about curing an underlying condition. It's about ending a physical pathology.

What you are describing is called Social Work. Perhaps you should look into the difference between the two before getting on another high horse.

you don't think part of being a doctor is helping people? both physically and emotionally?

Never really got into that show. The guy is too much of a wuss.

Defending my PhD in a year
3.6 Grad GPA
3.7 Undergrad
41 MCAT

Yours?

GPAs are looking a bit weak

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you don't think part of being a doctor is helping people? both physically and emotionally?

That grad school GPA will be a red flag.

Apoptosome is in Mensa. Super smart and stuff.

On topic: talk to friends and family.
52188ae0c0799.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Good thing Mensa doesn't ask for transcripts!

Reactions: 1 users
Is this the same cop-out approach you take to dealing with your patients (assuming you are a physician, and not just some moderator who acts like their presence on a forum has any merit to real life)?
h98318524

Oh no you did not

OP: please seek professional help

I think ALL of being a doctor is doing things that CANNOT be done by a nurse.

Nice try. I think you will find that unlike most people on this forum, I am not an insecure, panicky, and feux-confident person. I guarantee I will be in a position to hire/fire you one day (perhaps not you personally, but the pinnacle of what you aspire to be), and you will smile about it.

Nice try. I think you will find that unlike most people on this forum, I am not an insecure, panicky, and feux-confident person. I guarantee I will be in a position to hire/fire you one day (perhaps not you personally, but the pinnacle of what you aspire to be), and you will smile about it.

*faux

Reactions: 5 users
Good thing Med Schools don't have an IQ test.
All of them have interviews though. Maybe you should send your husband as a decoy. You probably would have a better chance of acceptance this way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the same cop-out approach you take to dealing with your patients (assuming you are a physician, and not just some moderator who acts like their presence on a forum has any merit to real life)?

A disagreement between peers is not a big deal but this crosses a line.

Reactions: 2 users

Well that resolved it.

Good thing Mensa doesn't ask for transcripts!
Good thing Med Schools don't have an IQ test.

:corny: Sounds similar to the anti -@LizzyM post:

Clearly @Apoptosome surpasses the wisdom of all the adcoms here. Three cheers for Apoptosome! :clap:

And there will always be someone in the position to fire you. Most of us here aren't doing it for that reason. I don't know why you think you're so special. There are PLENTY of people like you; the only difference is they're more inclined (read as smarter) to hide their true intentions. I think it's less frequent to find someone that is actually genuine about helping people than it is to find someone who puts on a face. No one is impressed.

Reactions: 1 user
Never really got into that show. The guy is too much of a wuss.

Defending my PhD in a year
3.6 Grad GPA
3.7 Undergrad
41 MCAT

Yours?
that's nice dear

speaking as someone who does applicant interviews, I'm glad to say that you will thankfully will crash and burn in interviews

:wtf:

:corny:

Apop: no one cares about your e - peen. Stahp

That grad school GPA will be a red flag.

Right. My first-author publications on targeted gene therapy will be out-shined by my GPA.

Go back to the ER. Im sure someone has "feelings" they would like to discuss with you.

I misspelled a word. The fact that that's all you people can actually mock me about is amusing.

I hope OP finds this thread to be entertaining enough to get him/her our of their funk.

that's nice dear

speaking as someone who does applicant interviews, I'm glad to say that you will thankfully will crash and burn in interviews

Keep an eye out for a 30+ female with a PhD from a UC, undergrad from UC, and the above scores/grades. I know I will.

:owle:

Right. My first-author publications on targeted gene therapy will be out-shined by my GPA.

Go back to the ER. Im sure someone has "feelings" they would like to discuss with you.

I misspelled a word. The fact that that's all you people can actually mock me about is amusing.
You're expected to have a publication out by the time you finish PhD. Regardless, you're just making excuses. Someone as intelligent shouldn't have such a weak grad school GPA. It's a red flag no matter what else you did.

Have you even been inside the hospital?

Apoptosome is like Streampaw's evil troll sibling

mufasa_and_scar_by_erinbaka1090-d5vftpb.png

Keep an eye out for a 30+ female with a PhD from a UC, undergrad from UC, and the above scores/grades. I know I will.

Its cute that you would resort to threats.

Its also cute that I just reported you for that.

Its cute that you would resort to threats.

Its also cute that I just reported you for that.

A threat? I'm just repeating things you've posted here in a publicly viewable forum.

Reactions: 6 users

You clearly know nothing about how actual hospital practice works. The is s lot of overlap in responsibilities, and those nurses are doing the very things you physically cannot because there is only one of you caring for perhaps a dozen and s half patients. Arrogant attitudes such as yours actually get people killed, as such inflated self importance does not lend itself well to listening to those that disagree with you. Being human, you will often be very wrong in your decision making process, and those nurses will be the second set of eyes that dares say, "what the hell are you thinking?" And if you brush that off, as just the babbling of some ignorant nurse, you may find yourself with a dead patient and a lawsuit on your hands in the morning because you were too arrogant to believe you'd placed s wrong order at the end of a 30 hour on call shift.

A threat? I'm just repeating things you've posted here in a publicly viewable forum.

Really? So posting this:

After someone posts about me "crashing and burning during my interviews" doesn't sound threatening to you?

Oh, I know who can settle this, a lawyer! Now, do I know a lawyer.... oh wait, my brother is a lawyer. I'll get his take on this. After all, a professional opinion is just a consult in a sense, isnt it?

Really? So posting this:

After someone posts about me "crashing and burning during my interviews" doesn't sound threatening to you?

Oh, I know who can settle this, a lawyer! Now, do I know a lawyer.... oh wait, my brother is a lawyer. I'll get his take on this. After all, a professional opinion is just a consult in a sense, isnt it?

I could consult the lawyers I know too...but I respect them enough not waste their time.

Really? So posting this:

I wonder if the lawyer is streampaw's boyfriend. That'll spice things up.

Reactions: 14 users
I could consult the lawyers I know too...but I respect them enough not waste their time.

Oh its sweet of you to worry about his time, but he doesnt mind. After all, what's family for?

Reckoner you called this one.

tumblr_m6h8h6439G1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Really? So posting this:

Is he going to create an account as well? I hope the rest of your family can join in your defense as well. Except for inlaws of course. We don't want any more stupid people around, right?

Really? So posting this:

definitely a troll

Is he going to create an account as well? I hope the rest of your family can join in your defense as well. Except for inlaws of course. We don't want any more stupid people around, right?

No, Im just going to send him the link to the threads I have posted in.

You know, the ones where I give my opinion (albeit without any sugar coating) and people call me a bitch, propose to "sex the anger out of me", call me a psychopath, and finally threaten to sabotage my upcoming chances of getting into med school.

Given that your GPA is considerably less shiny than your first author publication...
45636201.jpg

Wait...so Apoptosome is lawyering up against Mcloaf? This is epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.