Unbearable regret

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...so Apoptosome is lawyering up against Mcloaf? This is epic.

I do not tolerate being threatened.

On the slight chance that you aren't a troll, why do you want to pursue medicine? @Apoptosome

Im interested in dealing with underlying causes of disease in a clinical setting. Drug trials. Advanced therapy. Research-based medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

No, Im just going to send him the link to the threads I have posted in.

You know, the ones where I give my opinion (albeit without any sugar coating) and people call me a bitch, propose to "sex the anger out of me", call me a psychopath, and finally threaten to sabotage my upcoming chances of getting into med school.
Your vanity is what sabotaged your chances. This is a public forum. Your persona on here is insufferable. You provided all the information necessary for anybody in the admissions to know who you are when you apply. If your ginormous ego didn't overshadow your superior intellect, you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Maybe it is your fate anyway. If you don't get accepted, it is because medicine is not right for you. Why can't you just continue being a professor or something? Can't get the funding?

Reactions: 4 users
What would you do if you regret something so much that it hurts every single time something reminds you of it? I could use the suggestions.
Please seek professional help. The last thing we'd want is for something awful to happen to you. If you have a family member or close friend you can talk to that would be a good idea too.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyway, op, if your problem is personal, time truly does heal all wounds. It may take months or years, but the pain will one day be nothing but a dull memory, no matter how great it stings right now. What you must do till then is simply survive. Counseling, medication, religion, or your social support network can provide you with the strength to keep going until the pain fades. Pick which option you are most comfortable with.

If it is professional regret, time also ends to change your perspective. That C in micro or layoff might go from being one of the worst days of your life to one of your most profound moments of reflection, a catalyst for changing your study habits or work ethic that forever altered the trajectory of your life for the better. Picking the wrong career might leave you so discontent that it becomes your driving force behind going back to school and doing well academically, ultimately landing you the job of your dreams.

Ultimately, all things shape who we are, good and bad. Those awful moments serve to teach us lessons, and to make the good times that much sweeter by virtue of comparison.

Just do the best you can to care for yourself in the short term, and one day, almost out of nowhere, you'll realize all that pain is gone and somehow you're a better person for having survived it.

Reactions: 3 users
I do not tolerate being threatened.

Im interested in dealing with underlying causes of disease in a clinical setting. Drug trials. Advanced therapy. Research-based medicine.

I don't think it was a threat. Online activity like FB, Twitter, etc, can be used against you in admissions. I don't see why your behavior on SDN can't be included in that.

Reactions: 8 users
No, Im just going to send him the link to the threads I have posted in.

You know, the ones where I give my opinion (albeit without any sugar coating) and people call me a bitch, propose to "sex the anger out of me", call me a psychopath, and finally threaten to sabotage my upcoming chances of getting into med school.

There are instances when adcoms have found out an applicant's identity and what they have said on SDN/online and it has had disastrous effects. They are not threatening you, but if you tell people on here, who regularly interview applicants, enough about yourself that they can identify you during an interview, you should expect that your attitude on here would contribute to their impression of you. Especially since you repeatedly have said you can fake the interview to come of as an empathetic person.

I really have no idea why you insist on being critical of everyone, but if you are as intelligent and confident as you say, and you do not need the support of this forum, it seems unnecessary for you to continue posting here. Being critical of other people's posts, like OPs, is really not constructive and not the point of this forum.

Reactions: 4 users
Please seek professional help. The last thing we'd want is for something awful to happen to you. If you have a family member or close friend you can talk to that would be a good idea too.

Anyway, op, if your problem is personal, time truly does heal all wounds. It may take months or years, but the pain will one day be nothing but a dull memory, no matter how great it stings right now. What you must do till then is simply survive. Counseling, medication, religion, or your social support network can provide you with the strength to keep going until the pain fades. Pick which option you are most comfortable with.

If it is professional regret, time also ends to change your perspective. That C in micro or layoff might go from being one of the worst days of your life to one of your most profound moments of reflection, a catalyst for changing your study habits or work ethic that forever altered the trajectory of your life for the better. Picking the wrong career might leave you so discontent that it becomes your driving force behind going back to school and doing well academically, ultimately landing you the job of your dreams.

Ultimately, all things shape who we are, good and bad. Those awful moments serve to teach us lessons, and to make the good times that much sweeter by virtue of comparison.

Just do the best you can to care for yourself in the short term, and one day, almost out of nowhere, you'll realize all that pain is gone and somehow you're a better person for having survived it.

Excellent advice! :)

Reckoner you called this one.

tumblr_m6h8h6439G1rwcc6bo1_400.gif
tumblr_inline_mrj099CQuc1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Your vanity is what sabotaged your chances. This is a public forum. Your persona on here is insufferable. You provided all the information necessary for anybody in the admissions to know who you are when you apply. If your ginormous ego didn't overshadow your superior intellect, you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Maybe it is your fate anyway. If you don't get accepted, it is because medicine is not right for you. Why can't you just continue being a professor or something? Can't get the funding?

If the med schools I apply to do not accept me based on anything I have said in these forums then all that proves is that women still do not have the same freedom that men do to express opinions, logical criticisms, or anger when being called "bitches" and being proposed for sex when posting the aforementioned opinions.

3/4 of those things were me.

obama-brush-ya-shoulders-off-o.gif

Didn't you say we were too stupid to get a rise out of you? Now you want a lawyer? Sounds like umad.

Reactions: 1 user
There are instances when adcoms have found out an applicant's identity and what they have said on SDN/online and it has had disastrous effects.

Just curious... what happened exactly? Link? I can understand facebook/twitter, but SDN is anonymous!

Right. My first-author publications on targeted gene therapy will be out-shined by my GPA.

Go back to the ER. Im sure someone has "feelings" they would like to discuss with you.

I misspelled a word. The fact that that's all you people can actually mock me about is amusing.
That's the last of the things we are mocking for. Your personality is about as charming as an underwear stain and you come off more abrasive than sandpaper crafted with fine diamonds. You seem to not be aware of the fact that health care is very much about working with large teams of people that will probably hate you if you act this way in real life. Hospital administration doesn't have time for residents like you, they often end up dismissed.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is amazing. I've only met a few people like Apop in real life and they were always a great source of comic relief.

Reactions: 2 users
100% of Apoptosome's posts have been inflammatory.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.