Unbound First Aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Dazzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regarding Annotating in FA for step 1, do you feel that you have enough room in FA to write down notes while doing qbank questions?

Or is it better to have it unbound, so it's easier to add additional notes?

Members don't see this ad.

I have mine unbound because always writing in the margins makes for a messy and ultimately daunting-looking FA. I stuck my FA in a 3-ring binder and add extra sheets when it looks like I need more space for writing than the margins offer.

Reactions: 1 user
I stuck my FA in a 3-ring binder and add extra sheets when it looks like I need more space for writing than the margins offer.
QwqhZC

Yeah, I've been using 1st Aid 2013 (bound for the most part), but as I get free time on my break, I plan on purchasing and unbinding the 2014 so I can transfer everything from 2013 to 2014 and expand on a few things in the process.
uWorld has a ton of information, but I want to be add in the information I know I will use.
Microbiology has shown me that there is a ton of material that I still have left to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
My class split about 50/50 on spiral bound vs. unbound. It's really a personal preference thing. If you go with spiral bound, take out the extraneous pages before you get it bound to save some bulk. 3-ring lets you take out sections at a time to study, but pages can rip (buy reinforcements in advance).