UNC-Chapel Hill C/O 2017: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bka0828

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wanted to start a thread for people applying this application cycle for admission to UNC. You can post your stats or any other relevant info or questions.

I'm applying and this is my #1 choice. I'm taking the PCAT in July, hoping to get a good score.

Members don't see this ad.

GPA (science): 3.6
GPA (total): 3.8
PCAT: July 19 76% (did not expect it to be this low)
Experience: 8 years regulatory affairs in clinical development

Last edited:
Yay! Great thread. I'm applying this cycle, too. My PCAT stats (just took today! :)) :

Verbal 439/94
Bio 425/84
R Comp 450/99
Quant 407/61
Chem 415/72

Composite 427/92

Do you guys think the Chem and Quant subtest scores will hurt my chances? Should I re-take, I wonder? UNC is definitely my number one choice.

Oh, and how did you guys do today/yesterday on your pcat?!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My stats are as follows:

GPA - 3.96

July PCAT - VA/412/68%
Biology/414/69%
RC/426/91%
QA/420/82%
Chemistry/408/61%
Composite/416/79%

I plan on taking the PCAT again in September. UNC is definitely my top choice.

My composite is a 96%, but my biology is < 70%. My GPA is a 3.5.

I'm still trying to decide everywhere that I want to apply, but UNC is definitely in my top 5.

Who is in-state vs. out?

Last edited:
Yeah UNC! I'm definitely applying, but I'm out-of-state so it's gonna be hard to get in. I did get 98, 99, 97 in composite, chem, and bio respectively though so I hope I have at least a decent shot at those few spots that go to non North Carolinians. It seems like a great school, and it is even cheaper than the UCSD and UCSF I'm pretty sure.

I got invited for an interview for UNC (Fall 2012 admission) coming from out of state but declined because of a conflict w/ another school. My PCAT composite was 92 but I got a 40 something on verbal reasoning. I still got an interview invitation though so you guys are probably fine.

Oh! I applied really late too. lol

Hey! UNC is one of the schools that are on my "maybe apply" list. Could any of you give me some information about the school and why you chose it?

Hello everyone! I am also applying to UNC for class of 2013. I am out of state with a 3.3 overall GPA and 92% composite on the PCAT, so I don't want to get my hopes high, but just thought I would apply and see.

I decided to send my application to UNC. Does anyone know when they start inviting people for interviews?

I have not heard from them, submitted my application a while back.

I know in the past, the earliest that they start interviewing is November. Good luck with interviews everyone :D

Has anyone heard back from UNC yet? Have they started giving invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmCAS and supplemental e-submitted 10/21. I feel so behind haha.

But fingers crossed :xf::xf:

I submitted back at the end of August and I'm on the edge of my seat. Hope they send out invites soon!

I submitted my PharmCAS moderately early (9/17), but my last rec letter didn't get submitted until 10/9. However, I haven't heard anything yet either. Good luck everyone!

When is UNC going to begin offering interview invitations????? I have been accepted into two schools already; however, UNC is my top choice. I don't want to put a non-refundable deposit down at another school and then ultimately get accepted at UNC. Decisions, decisions.......

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys know if UNC has rolling admissions or regular??

When is UNC going to begin offering interview invitations????? I have been accepted into two schools already; however, UNC is my top choice. I don't want to put a non-refundable deposit down at another school and then ultimately get accepted at UNC. Decisions, decisions.......

I'm wondering the same. They aren't very transparent in their application process. I haven't received any correspondence from them. I asked when they began inviting students to interview and they responded with "we begin interviewing in Nov." But looks like no one has heard from them yet...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Based upon the thread from last year, I was under the impression that they rolled their admissions. According to their website they schedule interviews in October, but it doesn't seem like that happened this year. Last year, the first interviews were sent out on 10-7 and scheduled for 10-20 and acceptances were received as early as 10-27.

Last edited:
They just decided to keep us on our toes for a lot longer this year I guess

I'm interviewing at UNC Asheville next week, 14th. Got invite a couple weeks ago. Not sure about CH invites.

Congrats!! You gotta let us know how it goes now though, you know that right? ;)

Just received my interview invitation for the Chapel Hill campus on Nov. 20th!!!

I also just received an invitation to interview at CH on Nov. 20th!!!!! :D:D

That's awesome, congrats! Are you in in-state or out-of-state?

Interview on the 20th!!!!

Yup same here, really excited about this! :)

Are all of you who received interview invites today NC residents or out of state applicants? Just trying to see if there is a trend! Congrats!

Congrats everyone! I'm super envious :D
Still waiting for my PharmCAS application to get verified and mailed LOL.

I submitted my application in Sept, it was verified mid October. I got an invite end of October. What are the rest of you doing to prep for the interview?

got invited for an interview on the 20th! im in-state. im an undergrad at UNC currently. to prep im pretty much just finding questions that have been asked before, brushing up on the school's info and thinking about questions i would ask them. if anyone wants to brainstorm/bounce ideas of each other, let me know!

Hey everyone! I got an interview invite for November 20 this morning and I am very excited. I am from California and I think I might ask them to see if I can get a later interview date. I was already pretty set and happy with another school, and it was a surprise for me to hear from Chapel Hill. Would anyone mind sharing some details about the school, life, and the area there, I have never been to North Carolina and I am thinking it's going to be very different from California.

Hello all. I got an interview offer for Nov 20th as well. I understand that UNC does a panel interview. Has anyone gone through any interviews like that, and if so be able to share their experience? I've interviewed at Colorado which was a single faculty member, but that is much more relaxed than a panel of interviewers...

Hello all. I got an interview offer for Nov 20th as well. I understand that UNC does a panel interview. Has anyone gone through any interviews like that, and if so be able to share their experience? I've interviewed at Colorado which was a single faculty member, but that is much more relaxed than a panel of interviewers...

The panel last year consisted of 2 faculty members. I've been to a couple of other interviews which were in a group format. One school had 2 faculty and 1 student interviewing 3 students . Another had 2 faculty interviewing 5 students so there are lots of variations.

I preferred interviewing by myself without having other students present. It's more personal and feels less like a "competition." The UNC interview was very relaxed. I was nervous going in cause I knew I would be the only interviewee, but it turned out to be my least stressful interview. They just want to get to know you so just be yourself and you should do fine.

Hello all-

UNC Alum who went into teaching and trying to go back for Pharmacy. I only have two choices, UNC or Creighton online. I had a 3.2 at UNC and got a 98 on the PCAT Composite. I am headed to the Interviews on November 20th. I hope to meet some of you there!

Do you remember how long the actual interview was? What sorts of things were you asked? How many people interviewed that day?

The panel last year consisted of 2 faculty members. I've been to a couple of other interviews which were in a group format. One school had 2 faculty and 1 student interviewing 3 students . Another had 2 faculty interviewing 5 students so there are lots of variations.

I preferred interviewing by myself without having other students present. It's more personal and feels less like a "competition." The UNC interview was very relaxed. I was nervous going in cause I knew I would be the only interviewee, but it turned out to be my least stressful interview. They just want to get to know you so just be yourself and you should do fine.

Do you remember how the long the actual interview was? Do you recall how many others were in your interview session? What sorts of things were you asked?

Do you remember how the long the actual interview was? Do you recall how many others were in your interview session? What sorts of things were you asked?

The interview was about 30 mins. I think there were about 20-30 people in my session. The questions were pretty standard nothing outrageous. You should check out the interview feedback section to get an idea of what types of questions were asked.

Congrats! Can those who got interviews please share stats and state residence?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk