UNC-Chapel Hill C/O 2017: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely contact him.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on March 7th and received my admission decision yesterday. I am an OOS student and was wait listed. Or placed on the "Alternate List" as the Admissions people refer to it as. Is anyone else in this boat or know anything about how the wait list works at UNC? I've emailed a few of the contacts I have made at the school, but they aren't giving me any info!

I'm in almost exactly the same boat. Out of state and interviewed on March 7th as well. I was actually accepted to the Asheville campus but decided to take my chances with the wait list instead. I really haven't been able to find anything out about how it works either, let me know if you hear anything though and I'll do the same!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah I am an OOS student who interviewed on March 7th and was also placed on the alternate list. I called last week, and unfortunately they weren't allowed to tell me how many students are on the alternate list or how many students have accepted seats to Chapel Hill. They said that the list is more of a pool of applicants, and once a student defers a seat, the whole pool is reviewed.

I just declined the alternate list so I hope it frees up a spot for those waiting. Good luck!

I'm in almost exactly the same boat. Out of state and interviewed on March 7th as well. I was actually accepted to the Asheville campus but decided to take my chances with the wait list instead. I really haven't been able to find anything out about how it works either, let me know if you hear anything though and I'll do the same!

I will do the same! I'm going to stick it out and wait as long as I possibly can before signing a lease near my alternate choice school.

I remember when I was at the interview, they mentioned that those who receive an offer should expect a quick turn around time as far as accepting/denying the offer and sending the $500 deposit. Does anyone know how long they would have given those who interviewed March 7th? Hopefully we can expect some calls/emails around that deadline if some people are unable to accept!

I am DREADING having to wait until August to hear anything!

Well in my email about Asheville they said to send the deposit within 2 weeks of receiving the acceptance email, I assume it's the same for the main campus. So I guess it depends whether they notified everyone from the March 7th interview at the same time... Should be pretty soon either way, but who knows how long it will take for them to evaluate everyone in the alternative list pool. Definitely feel your pain about August, that will be really really tough.

I'm also OOS and decided to forfeit my spot at Asheville for the Chapel Hill alternate list. Good luck to you guys! I hope we hear back soon.

Anyone else get accepted to Asheville that isn't forfeiting their spot? Got accepted last week and am wondering what other people might think it will be like as I haven't seen the campus or town.

Anyone else get accepted to Asheville that isn't forfeiting their spot? Got accepted last week and am wondering what other people might think it will be like as I haven't seen the campus or town.

I actually applied specifically for the Asheville campus. Asheville is a wonderful and BEAUTIFUL city. You will never be at a loss for something to do. The pharmacy facilities are great at the school.

The UNCA campus is small with ample parking so living near campus is not a necessity.
For those who choose to live near campus and not have a car the city has a great bus system and students ride for free.

If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

Does anyone know if the alternate list students are ranked or how long the list is? I've heard that with each cancellation they receive, they review the entire pool of wait list people again for the available spot.

Do the people who were accepted to the UNCA campus have an advantage on the alternate list to applicants who were originally put on the UNC-CH wait list?

If any OOS student on the wait list wants to keep in touch, message me so we can stay updated about whether or not the list is moving!

Asheville as a city is WAY better than Chapel Hill. There are few cities in the country like Asheville. You will love it!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if the chapel hill waitlist is moving?

Anyone looking for a place to live near UNC? I have a beautiful townhouse for rent, private message me! Congrats to all!!

I also got accepted today! Congratulations, alligator2013! Best of luck to everyone.

Was the notification via telephone or email?

Has anyone heard about anymore wait list movement? It's almost time for me to sign a lease near my second choice school, and I can't wait much longer!

Hi all:

I came to this Thread to ask those of you applied last year a couple of questions:

I just got my acceptance letter to the Asheville campus for the 2018 class. I am very excited. I believed I have selected Chapel Hill as my 1st option. But being that I have mediocre grades and average PCAT (3.12 and 85%), they gave me a interview spot at Asheville campus. I was accepted today! But I really want to go to Chapel Hill. So what are my options?

Question 1: -If I put deposit down to Asheville campus, can I still get on the wait list for Chapel Campus. If I get in, I will just loose my deposit for Asheville campus (best case)

Question 2: -For those of you in UNC pharmacy school, do they let you switch campus if you end up liking one over the other during PY2 and PY3? I assume they would be discourage because of the amount of students they preset for each campus?

Question 3: -Have anyone gotten into similar situation and got into the Chapel Hill campus. So I had my interview in Jan 31, which is the 2nd round out of 3 rounds. How are my chances?

I wanted to get some feed backs here before talking to the school directly, thx

Hi all:

I came to this Thread to ask those of you applied last year a couple of questions:

I just got my acceptance letter to the Asheville campus for the 2018 class. I am very excited. I believed I have selected Chapel Hill as my 1st option. But being that I have mediocre grades and average PCAT (3.12 and 85%), they gave me a interview spot at Asheville campus. I was accepted today! But I really want to go to Chapel Hill. So what are my options?

Question 1: -If I put deposit down to Asheville campus, can I still get on the wait list for Chapel Campus. If I get in, I will just loose my deposit for Asheville campus (best case)

Question 2: -For those of you in UNC pharmacy school, do they let you switch campus if you end up liking one over the other during PY2 and PY3? I assume they would be discourage because of the amount of students they preset for each campus?

Question 3: -Have anyone gotten into similar situation and got into the Chapel Hill campus. So I had my interview in Jan 31, which is the 2nd round out of 3 rounds. How are my chances?

I wanted to get some feed backs here before talking to the school directly, thx

I think I can help you with some of this, I got accepted into Asheville (though I interviewed at chapel hill, idk if that changes anything) and I ended up deferring that in favor of chapel hill. The initial acceptance I got told me I had the option to accept or join the chapel hill wait list. If you decide on the wait list you forfeit your place at Asheville. They do not let you switch campuses as far as I know. I interviewed in the last group (march last year) and was accepted to Asheville. I deferred and I got accepted off the wait list into Chapel Hill at the end of May. Keep in mind that they judge the wait list as a candidate pool rather than accepting in chronological order. Good luck, let me know if you have other questions.