UNC Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
who's applying??? what is ur stats?? hear anything from the school yet? let us know, so we can get freak out. :idea: lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm assuming all of you already completed your applications. i was wondering if your statuses have been updated on pharmcas yet. i submitted mine first week of august, but nothing's changed in the status. has it for you guys?

i'm assuming all of you already completed your applications. i was wondering if your statuses have been updated on pharmcas yet. i submitted mine first week of august, but nothing's changed in the status. has it for you guys?

if it's first week of august, you might need to bear with it for couple more weeks..Have you turned all transcripts in? did you pay for all designated pharmacy schools? make sure to read guideline of PharmCAS too.

Members don't see this ad :)

u should check, I submitted on the Aug. 17th and its verified, complete and sent out the next week. The school sent me an email said they have received my application.

I attend the University of Virginia. Overall GPA: 3.62, Science GPA: 3.53. PCAT: 97th percentile. I submitted PharmCAS some time in July, and the UNC supplemental whichever day it opened. No email confirming receipt of application yet, no update on PharmCAS.

I attend the University of Virginia. Overall GPA: 3.62, Science GPA: 3.53. PCAT: 97th percentile. I submitted PharmCAS some time in July, and the UNC supplemental whichever day it opened. No email confirming receipt of application yet, no update on PharmCAS.

Ur stats are stellar... :eek: that PCAT lol U will get in for sure. UNC have rolling admission. So be patience!

u should check, I submitted on the Aug. 17th and its verified, complete and sent out the next week. The school sent me an email said they have received my application.
Seriously? I sent my application in since July 19th and still has not verified :(

Seriously? I sent my application in since July 19th and still has not verified :(

I don't think UNC send out anything to anyone just yet (correct me if i'm wrong.) So no worries, but if u're referring to PharmCAS. Then you should give them a call.. maybe something is missing in ur application? transcript, payment, etc? You should def give them a call, don't wait til the last min... you can contact them through facebook message as well :)

I don't think UNC send out anything to anyone just yet (correct me if i'm wrong.) So no worries, but if u're referring to PharmCAS. Then you should give them a call.. maybe something is missing in ur application? transcript, payment, etc? You should def give them a call, don't wait til the last min... you can contact them through facebook message as well :)

last year, people received their first invitation around early October or very late September. so we will see.. this is my 1st choice anyways..:smuggrin:

last year, people received their first invitation around early October or very late September. so we will see.. this is my 1st choice anyways..:smuggrin:

"crossing fingers" :yawn:

Hi everybody!

I just submitted my application last night (PharmCAS and supplemental).
Here are my stats:

Science GPA: 3.42
Math GPA: 4.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.69

I completed most prereqs in a community college and graduated with an Associate's Degree and GPA of 3.81

I also just finished my Bachelor's of Science in Biology with minors in Chemistry, Psychology, and Forensic Science (also does anybody know where we declare minors in the PharmCAS app?) with a GPA of 3.31

I took my PCAT on Sept. 3rd and got a preliminary composite of 90
Bio 97
Chem 97
Math 67
RC 75
Verbal 49
Composite 90

I also just started working at CVS as a Pharmacy Tech a month ago and got NC certified after taking their LearNet course.

Job History:
Clinical Research - 8 months (still work here)
Waitress - 5 years (still work here)
Hostess - 4 years (long ago)
[I have 3 part time jobs for a total of almost 60 hours per week]

extracurriculars:
Student ambassador for my community college - volunteer in the school for 4 hours per week
American Heart Association - for a few months
Puppy love Rescue - foster puppies

Honors:
Merit scholarship
Student Ambassador scholarship
American Association of University Women Scholarship
Dean's list
Presidents's list
Honor's List

LOR:
- Sr. Clinical Research Coordinator (my boss)
- Head of Organic Chemistry labs (my lab instructor for my Ochem courses and forensic chem)
- Immunology Professor (had him for BIO101 in my Community College and also had him at my 4 year college for Immunology)

Others:
I am hispanic, moved to the US when I was 10 yo.
Low economic background
Parents did not go to high school
1st generation high school and college grad
Started working at 15 yo to help support family

I really want to go to UNC and hope I can get an interview.

What do you guys think of my possibilities?:luck:

Hey guys, I just took the PCAT yesterday and wondering if it will be too late for an interview with UNC by the time they get my PharmCAS application? My scores wont be in until around late October, and their deadline is early November. I am also out of state. Will all the spots be taken or do they still invite for an interview? Do they have limited spots for out of state?

I made a 99% composite on the PCAT, 3.68 GPA with a B.S. in Chemistry/Biology. Several years research experience, and just started working in a pharmacy last month. I have all the honors and extracurriculars and leadership positions, etc. My LOR are solid. Application is everything they want.

Hey guys, I just took the PCAT yesterday and wondering if it will be too late for an interview with UNC by the time they get my PharmCAS application? My scores wont be in until around late October, and their deadline is early November. I am also out of state. Will all the spots be taken or do they still invite for an interview? Do they have limited spots for out of state?
QUOTE]

I'm pretty familiar with the school, ive been ther so many time. The deadline for UNC is Dec. 2nd. They'd have rolling admission. So try to send in ur application as early as u can. Ur stats are great. U def get an interview as well. good luck :luck:

I really want to go to UNC and hope I can get an interview.

What do you guys think of my possibilities?:luck:
Hey ur stats are great. U will def get and interview! just send in ur application asap. good luck :luck:

I made a 99% composite on the PCAT, 3.68 GPA with a B.S. in Chemistry/Biology. Several years research experience, and just started working in a pharmacy last month. I have all the honors and extracurriculars and leadership positions, etc. My LOR are solid. Application is everything they want.

Actually their deadline is December 1, 2013:

"When do I apply to the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy?

The application deadline for entry in fall 2014 is December 2, 2013. Submit your application as soon as possible to ensure earlier review by the Admissions Committee. Applications submitted by October 1, 2013 will be guaranteed early consideration during the review process. Please note that PharmCAS requires 4-6 weeks to verify an application before it is forwarded to individual schools of pharmacy.

The first step, the PharmCAS application, can be completed beginning June 1, 2013.

Step two, the supplemental application, will be available starting August 1, 2013, and should be completed after the PharmCAS application. Applications submitted after December 2, 2013, will NOT be accepted for fall 2014 entry. There are no exceptions to this rule."

I have heard back about interviews from a lot of schools, but nothing yet from UNC...anyone heard anything?

I have heard back about interviews from a lot of schools, but nothing yet from UNC...anyone heard anything?

I chatted with UNC Admissions (in the Virtual Career Fair Oct 3rd) and they told me they will start interviews in mid December. Can anyone second that?:confused:

I chatted with UNC Admissions (in the Virtual Career Fair Oct 3rd) and they told me they will start interviews in mid December. Can anyone second that?:confused:
I emailed the admissions and this was their response in direct quote, "Thank you for your email. We are in the process of reviewing applications now. We will be inviting students for our first interview day in December in mid-November. We will be holding interviews in December, January, and February."

Jeez Louise that is late!

I emailed the admissions and this was their response in direct quote, "Thank you for your email. We are in the process of reviewing applications now. We will be inviting students for our first interview day in December in mid-November. We will be holding interviews in December, January, and February."

Jeez Louise that is late!

Woah December is so far away :/

Has anybody else received an interview? I submitted both PharmCAS and supplemental on Sept 11, but since I took my PCAT in Sept my scores arrived at PharmCAS on Oct 21. Hope I'm still considered early and get an interview.

Has anybody else received an interview? I submitted both PharmCAS and supplemental on Sept 11, but since I took my PCAT in Sept my scores arrived at PharmCAS on Oct 21. Hope I'm still considered early and get an interview.

I took the PCAT in Sept as well and I received an interview invitation yesterday.

I took the PCAT in Sept as well and I received an interview invitation yesterday.
still waiting to hear back from UNC. submitted my stuff first week of september as well. *fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who applied after early consideration deadline (oct 1) heard back for an interview yet?

Has anyone who applied after early consideration deadline (oct 1) heard back for an interview yet?

I actually applied before early consideration (Sept 4) and still haven't heard about an interview!

I submitted my app in Sept also - one of my letters of recommendation were lagging and I called the school to make sure that I was still considered to be early and they confirmed that as long as your PharmCAS was submitted prior to Oct 1 you're fine. The rest is out of your control and they don't fault you for that.

man y'all need to chill. UNC has had only one interview invite so far. you think they gonna send out interviews to the whole student doctor network members?

but on that note, i got my interview.

2.89 science GPA
68% composite PCAT

Extra curricular: 14x WWE world champion.

Yo I know you just didn't just didn't put 14x WWE world champion as your extra curricular. I RKO'd you so many times. I'll see you at wrestlemania.

Extra Curricular: RKO the Undertaker, shook Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's hand,
Youngest WWE champion in history