UNC Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guy thinks you did good on the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got email acceptance to Chapel Hill campus!! OMG and my spring break just begins too!! :clap::soexcited::highfive::roflcopter:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo! Can't wait to start!

Edit: I scared the **** out of my sleeping fiancé. She quickly forgave me after I shared the news. So elated.

Last edited:
Woohoo! Can't wait to start!

Edit: I scared the **** out of my sleeping fiancé. She quickly forgave me after I shared the news. So elated.

Lol it's understandable! See you in Fall!!

Reactions: 1 user
You heard early! Lucky ducky!!! Congratulations, hopefully the rest of us dont have to wait till Thursday lol

You heard early! Lucky ducky!!! Congratulations, hopefully the rest of us dont have to wait till Thursday lol
Thanks, and I hope not. In the course of a week, I have annoyed the UNC students I know with questions and have chewed my fingernails down to nubs. I can rest easier. And I know you will soon. Best of luck!

Do you mind sharing what your stats are? In state/Out of State? If you remember, what group you were in? Just trying to figure out if they are going in any particular order.

In state.
3.537 GPA as of December.
BS in biochemistry expected May 2014.
3 years in retail pharmacy.
1 year structural biology/biomedical research.
Teaching experience.
3 recommendations: two pharmacists (PharmD, BS), one professor (PhD in chemistry, advisor, and chairman of chemistry at Campbell).
PCAT: 97
Group D. I'm never throwing away that folder.

I was surprised that they sent out acceptance this early. I didn't expect it until next week. I guess the March 15 deadline for all students is coming so they want to do it quick. That's just my guess :)

My stats:
Major: Chem. Minor: Biology and Music
~3.7 GPA (3.45 at UNC Chapel Hill)
Retail, community, hospital shadowing experiences
Also shadow CLS, pediatric doctor, nursing
Lots of volunteers and leaderships experiences
Gen and Organic Chem tutor
National Honor Chemistry Society
Good interview

I was surprised that they sent out acceptance this early. I didn't expect it until next week. I guess the March 15 deadline for all students is coming so they want to do it quick. That's just my guess :)

My stats:
Major: Chem. Minor: Biology and Music
~3.7 GPA (3.45 at UNC Chapel Hill)
Retail, community, hospital shadowing experiences
Also shadow CLS, pediatric doctor, nursing
Lots of volunteers and leaderships experiences
Gen and Organic Chem tutor
National Honor Chemistry Society
Good interview
Are you Chem BA or BS? Just wondering because you might have been in some of my classes now if youre a BS and a senior

Members don't see this ad :)
So do you guys think they are sending them out as they make the decision, or did they let everyone who got in know yesterday, or there are still spots left lol. Want to be a tar heel so bad!

So do you guys think they are sending them out as they make the decision, or did they let everyone who got in know yesterday, or there are still spots left lol. Want to be a tar heel so bad!

Yeah definitely wait until next week. I don't think they can make all decisions for that many people in one week lol.

JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!!!!! TAR HEELS ALL THE WAY!

Reactions: 1 user
Heard back a couple days ago, see you guys in the Fall! Class of 2018! :D

Just got my acceptance email... LOSING. MY. MIND. :banana::banana::banana:

Hi guys, just gave away my spot. Hope one of you guys gets it :)

Hello! I'm finishing med school at UNC but did undergrad at the School of Public Health here too. It's a great place! I'm moving for residency (hopefully it's only temporary!), and am selling my place here. Anyone interested please take a look. It's very safe, quiet and full of grad students and families. It's on a busline and also adjacent to the park and ride lot:
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/reo/4433081866.html
If interested, please contact through craigslist as I do not check SDN messages frequently, or email [email protected]

Cheers, and good luck to you all!

Yep. I'm almost disappointed they ruined the surprise with the background check but I'm so stoked to go back to UNC. Congrats to all who got in today!
Hi! I applied this year and had the interview last Friday. I just received the background check early in the morning without receiving any acceptance letters. So did you do it by following the instructions on the background check email or did you wait until you receive the acceptance letter? Thanks!

Hi! I applied this year and had the interview last Friday. I just received the background check early in the morning without receiving any acceptance letters. So did you do it by following the instructions on the background check email or did you wait until you receive the acceptance letter? Thanks!

Yep go ahead and fill it in. And congrats on your acceptance.

Hi I was wondering if you have received an acceptance letter by now because I haven't heard anything back from them....I've done my background check for another program that I was accepted to, so it cannot be an indicator for me. And, congratulations! :)

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering if you have received an acceptance letter by now because I haven't heard anything back from them....I've done my background check for another program that I was accepted to, so it cannot be an indicator for me. And, congratulations! :)
Hi, I emailed them and they said they have not made an admission decision yet. So we still have to wait. I don't know why I got that background check email.

If UNC is the only school you applied to,then I'm quite sure you are accepted otherwise there's no reason for the background check. Maybe they want to give you a surprise! Thank you for your response.

Hi, I emailed them and they said they have not made an admission decision yet. So we still have to wait. I don't know why I got that background check email.

Echoing what pengunss said, if UNC is the only interview you've had then the background check means you're in!