UNC Eshelman C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btbealpharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I haven't seen this thread posted yet so, per usual:

Who all is applying?

G'luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied and sent my supplemental in last week

@afuen031 Nice, I sent my supplemental in this past Saturday. Are you in-state or OOS?/What's your stats? (If you don't mind, of course).

Members don't see this ad :)
What are* (Don't know why I felt the need to correct that but there it is)

I am out of state

GPA 3.94

PCAT 99 comp

1 year pharm experience 2 years extracurricular activities

Bachelors of science in chem, how about you? I condensed the Extracurriculars lol, too long and I don't want to bore you. I don't think my chances are that high because I am out of state.

Oh wow, that's incredible. If you have good EC's like I suspect you'll be fine. I think they accept some 30% OOS. I go to NC State (so, I'm in state). I have a 3.3 but I had a rough 2.5 freshman year haha. I have a 3.6 major GPA in biochemistry. My PCAT is 93 with a ton of EC and really good LORs.

Then I am sure you will be getting in lol. Good luck man! Let me know if you hear from them

I'm applying from Texas! UNC is my top choice, but I don't have the best odds. My GPA is a 3.3 and my PCAT is a 96. I have two years of research experience, I'm a CPhT, and have a ton of leadership experience including a national leadership award. So at least I have that going for me! Maybe it'll make up for the low GPA.

Well I certainly wouldn't count you out. Excellent PCAT and the CPhT is pretty clutch too. I almost applied to UT Austin this term from NC haha.

Is UNC going to have a campus at Elizabeth City anymore?

Anyone heard back from UNC? It's been more than a month since I submitted my supp

@mjk2492 I have not. I'm presuming, given that the early consideration deadline is Oct. 1st, interview invites will be sent out after that. According to their website, interviews start in November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also waiting for the interviews! Fingers crossed that we hear back soon!!

I also submitted my supplemental application for UNC a while ago! Let me know if anyone's heard anything about interviews!

Has anyone heard back about an interview? I attended one of the open houses last monday- admissions said they'd be sending out first round interview invites the first 2 weeks of oct.

I haven't heard back yet either... I think they should send something by the end of the week. The website says mid-October.

I emailed the admissions, just for peace of mind, and Mrs. Lewis said that first round interview invites would be sent out "within the next two weeks". That statement was made last Wednesday so we should start hearing back within the next seven days.

Just got an invite for November 14th!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!

I'm applying from Texas! UNC is my top choice, but I don't have the best odds. My GPA is a 3.3 and my PCAT is a 96. I have two years of research experience, I'm a CPhT, and have a ton of leadership experience including a national leadership award. So at least I have that going for me! Maybe it'll make up for the low GPA.

Just got an invite for November 14th!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Congrats! I didn't get any invite but my experiences/stats are about similar to yours. I assume I'm probably not gonna get an invite xD good luck for your interview!

There are still plenty of interview dates! Don't count yourself out yet.

The MMI sounds interesting... I wonder what sorts of questions and scenarios there will be. Like ethical, practical, or otherwise?

The MMI sounds interesting... I wonder what sorts of questions and scenarios there will be. Like ethical, practical, or otherwise?
Hi when did your pharmcas application get verified? Thanks!

How did you guys get notified for the interview invite? Email or phone call or mail??

Any OOSers interviewees know where they'll be staying or which hotel is the closest/has the best rates?

I'm just gonna stay at the Carolina Inn. It's like a block away from the School of Pharmacy.

Low gpa. About a 3.10. Pcat is a 99. Some volunteering experience in a pharmacy and working as a technician. And yeah I'm OOS.

That is an incredible PCAT - probably enough to get you an interview anywhere so congratulations on that. Although, I assume most applicants to UNC have strong PCATs. Either way congrats on the invite and good luck!

Are all of us who received invites so far OOS?

It seems this way. I, along with other applicants stronger than myself that are all in state, have not heard back so it appears as if they're contacting OOS first? Can anyone confirm this? Regardless, good luck on your interview and hopefully I will being seeing you both next year.

Granted, it does make sense to contact OOS early, as we definitely have to make travel plans.

I'm in state, and did get an interview invite. But I'm also requesting the avl campus fwiw.

I'm OOS and got an interview invite for the 14th.

Is anyone staying at University Inn Chapel hill for this Thursday??

I'll be staying at the Carolina Inn on Thursday.

Hopefully everyone had a great time at Candidates Day! I was super impressed with the school and the schedule for the day. The interview was a little bit harder than anticipated, but I don't think it was too terrible. Hopefully we hear back in six days like people have from the first interview for the last two years! But does anyone else think it was odd that there were 84 people at the first interview date?

I think I did terribly on the interview. Does anyone know how heavily interview is weighed on admissions?

The website said that it is just as important as anything else in the admissions decision. The interviewers just seemed so stoic that it made a lot of people feel bad about it.

I didn't feel like they were stoic at all. I have to admit though, I liked the MMI much more once I was done with it!

Well, considering there were four sets of interviewers, their attitudes may have varied. I feel much better about things after the fact. I'm that person who replays every scenario in their head and thinks about how they could have done better.

:( The suspense is tormenting..... have to stay positive and hope for the best.