UNC Eshelman C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right. It means they're waiting until the next round to decide on us. At least that's the way it was presented on Candidates Day.
I thought that just means waitlist. Any differences?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait list allows them to tell you when there are spots that open up after March 15th. If you're on hold, they notify you prior to March 15th.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess they don't give rejections to applicants. People are either given offer or are put on hold, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
They said that they do give rejections, but most likely wouldn't reject anyone this early. They said they'd most likely accept, hold, or waitlist people at this point in the admissions cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
This is odd to me. Last year, the people on SDN mostly got accepted with a few holds. This year, it's the opposite.

Yea. I don't even know there's a such thing as on hold. I thought they would either accept, ask for more information, or wait list people.

Hold is like the same thing as asking for more information. They're postponing our decision long enough to see our grades from this semester.

Oh no~~ my grades this semester are even worse.............

How much worse? If it's just a little, you'll probably be fine. If it makes you feel any better, my science GPA is like a 2.84 and I've made it this far!

I think hold means they want to see more people in the next rounds of interview and found best students. They don't want to give offers to too many students at the early stage, otherwise they would run out of spots for better candidates who interviewed later.

Lol....I'm glad that we are not rejected or wait listed though. Congrats to all who are accepted!

oh well, nothing we can really do now but focus on finals. I know mine are coming up in less than 2 weeks.
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Right. It means they're waiting until the next round to decide on us. At least that's the way it was presented on Candidates Day.
Sorry, i just want to ask how you know that it's until after the next round of interviews, which is in the mid of December, and not later? I don't feel like I have this impression that they talked about this on Candidates' Day. Thank you!

It just kinda makes sense that if you are held that the next time they would review applications would be when they would review the held applicants.

Hey everyone I'm a PY1 at UNC ESOP. I know they are starting a new curriculum in 2015 of which I do not know much about. But, if you have any questions let me know. I used this forum a lot to get info, so I'd like to give back to the forum I guess.

Otherwise, I figure that they would just waitlist all of us instead.

Sorry, i just want to ask how you know that it's until after the next round of interviews, which is in the mid of December, and not later? I don't feel like I have this impression that they talked about this on Candidates' Day. Thank you!
I think they will decide on us after the next interview. I see a couple other schools do it this way too.

Has anyone been accepted to the Asheville campus? There were about a dozen of us who interviewed in November. I was accepted on 11/26 and plan to enroll!

For anyone that interviewed, I know you guys aren't allowed to disclose specifics but was there a written component during the interview?

I'm wondering if anyone would know the answer to my question. For the Hep B vaccine requirement, does it matter when you got it? I got mine during grade school so wanted to know if that was acceptable. Emailed the school already but haven't received a response.

I believe the vaccine should last for about 20 years. I would say just get a titer test to see if you are positive for anti-HBs with >10mIU/mL, which would indicate you have immunity. You could just call them if they do not get back to you through e-mail, but I am sure they will. Most likely just busy with coming up interviews and reviewing candidates.

Hi everyone,

I'm not applying to UNC this year or next year but I would like to know for all the people who are applying this year what is the English 105 course equivalent to in English for those of you are applying without a degree?

Has anyone received the official letter of acceptance from the dean? They said they would email it within a week but I haven't heard from them since the initial email before Thanksgiving.

I'm wondering if anyone would know the answer to my question. For the Hep B vaccine requirement, does it matter when you got it? I got mine during grade school so wanted to know if that was acceptable. Emailed the school already but haven't received a response.

I also had the Hep B series in my early childhood. It does not matter when you got it (at least for the school/ not talking about how long immunity last for the vaccine). You will though need to obtain a titer for the Hep B indicating you are immune (after the hep b series, which you said you already had earlier in life). I just went to a local certified LabTest place and had both my varicella and hep b titer checked. After you get your results and you show a sufficient titer to indicate positive, send them to the school.

Don't worry too much about the deadlines, they did not stick to them at least for my class. I would though go ahead and get started to take that task off the list.

Also congratulations to those who have been accepted! Like I said if you have any questions let me know, maybe I can help.

Hi guys!

I heard that it's almost impossible to obtain in-state tuition fees for OOS students, is this true?

Would love someone who could weigh in on this :)

Hey guys. I know those that interviewed are not allowed to share any question that was asked during the interview process, but I was just wondering if there was a better way to prepare for the interview other than doing mock interviews? I don't need any specific details; I just want to know the best way to prepare for it. Thanks to whoever answers.

Hey guys. I know those that interviewed are not allowed to share any question that was asked during the interview process, but I was just wondering if there was a better way to prepare for the interview other than doing mock interviews? I don't need any specific details; I just want to know the best way to prepare for it. Thanks to whoever answers.
They said in the email that there really is no best way to prepare for it and honestly, there isn't. Just do your best and be honest about the questions they ask. Mock interviews would really be the only thing I can think of to help prepare you.

Hi guys!

I heard that it's almost impossible to obtain in-state tuition fees for OOS students, is this true?

Would love someone who could weigh in on this :)

I know a lot of second year students get instate tuition even though they came from out of state.
Here is a link that can get you started on how the process works.

http://registrar.unc.edu/academic-services/residency/residency-guide/

I'm in state so I didn't have to go though this but my roommates are out of state and first thing they did was obtain their NC driver's license. It's a year long process but eventually you will get instate tuition, at least most student do either their second or third year.

Hope that helps.

They said in the email that there really is no best way to prepare for it and honestly, there isn't. Just do your best and be honest about the questions they ask. Mock interviews would really be the only thing I can think of to help prepare you.

I second that.
All pharmacy students are type A and love to be able to control everything and be prepared, unfortunately for the these interviews there is no way to prepare. This is because they want to get to know the real you. Don't worry there is no advanced science knowledge needed at all. It's mostly all ethical questions and they want to focus on your reasoning. I actually really enjoyed it, I was able to express myself freely. One tip I would give is be unique, don't answer questions a certain way just because you think thats what they want you to say.

Good luck everyone, just be confident in yourself!

I'm here in Chapel Hill now, my interview is tomorrow! I submitted my stuff the last week of November and was invited within less than a week to this interview. I have a 3.73 and 99 PCAT, extracurriculars and OOS from Florida. BUT no experience in pharmacy because before I found my love in this field I was originally pre-med. I am nervous for the interview since I lack experience.

I'm here in Chapel Hill now, my interview is tomorrow! I submitted my stuff the last week of November and was invited within less than a week to this interview. I have a 3.73 and 99 PCAT, extracurriculars and OOS from Florida. BUT no experience in pharmacy because before I found my love in this field I was originally pre-med. I am nervous for the interview since I lack experience.

I hope your interview went well! There are actually a lot of students from Florida here. My roommate actually compares to all the data you provided and even though she had no experience in pharmacy, she had such great stats that she got in and she is doing great! I would just suggest looking for a pharmacy job once you are in school so you can get some practice. You will do great.

I have some questions about the academic update on PharmCAS. Will the pharmacy schools look at our planned/in progress courses for the spring semester? I am still not sure what courses to take. Should I still e-submit my academic update application?

hello everyone, new sdn member here. I was at Dec. 15th interview. Good luck to all the applicants! I'm sure we will be hearing soon, hopefully before Christmas.

I interviewed December 15, and just got the acceptance email!!! Good luck to everyone! So excited!!

I interviewed on the 15th and I got an acceptance email! Congrats SkydiverPharm I think you might have been in my group!

Last edited:
I interviewed December 15, and just got the acceptance email!!! Good luck to everyone! So excited!!
congrats! I got my acceptance email yesterday as well! I think we've interviewed at Campbell and UNC on same days yet failed to say hi in person lol

Congrats everyone! I also interviewed Dec.15th and got accepted. Going to wait on VCU and then if I get admission will decide between the two schools. Good luck to everyone!

Interviewed the 15th and was accepted Friday as well. See you guys next year.

people accepted from the dec 15th interview date, have yall gotten the official letter of acceptance from the dean yet?

Low gpa. About a 3.10. Pcat is a 99. Some volunteering experience in a pharmacy and working as a technician. And yeah I'm OOS.

Hey LactaidPlease! Did you ever get into UNC? Also, could you PLEASE tell me what books you used to get a 99 on the PCAT? I have some books from 2 years that Im using to study, but I was looking to buy updated books. Im sure your score also has a lot to do with how smart you are:)...but if you could tell me what books you used to supplement that, I would so appreciate it!

Hi all! I just joined SDN & caught up on this thread. My interview is scheduled for February 6th. Anybody else?