Uncle harvey?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

N1D

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, this site is down yet again... I remember reading an apology on the site staying that they were having some difficulty with their provider or something. Guess the difficulties are continuing...

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it sucks. Especially in the middle of interview season.

Uncle Harvey is pretty dead now, technical issues or not. I actually post moderately frequently, and visit fairly often, but I feel like no one else is ever there anymore. It kinda makes me sad....btw... its up-and-running again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Uncle Harvey is pretty dead now, technical issues or not. I actually post moderately frequently, and visit fairly often, but I feel like no one else is ever there anymore. It kinda makes me sad....btw... its up-and-running again!

Maybe they'll need to go back to the anonymous posting for Uncle Harvey...the good thing about removing the anonymity is that posts are not posting garbage anymore, the downside is that it has essentially killed the site imho.... you rarely see criticism on the site anymore - Neurosurgery is a small world and w/o said anonymity, people watch what they say and sometimes are not free to voice their true impressions.

Coming from a school with no home Neurosurgery program, I can say that I learned a lot from the older posts on that website.....and hopefully we can get more people back on that site.... the more recent perspective on that site are now mostly 6-7yrs old.

Maybe they'll need to go back to the anonymous posting for Uncle Harvey...the good thing about removing the anonymity is that posts are not posting garbage anymore, the downside is that it has essentially killed the site imho.... you rarely see criticism on the site anymore - Neurosurgery is a small world and w/o said anonymity, people watch what they say and sometimes are not free to voice their true impressions.

You're not the only one who has said this, but I'm surprised that that would significantly affect what gets posted. For all intents and purposes, it is still anonymous posting, unless of course you do one of those "What are my chances?" posts and specifically say that you're an Hispanic-American male who goes to Northwestern w/ 3 clinical honors and a step 1 of 245 or whatever...

... anyway. I'm surprised that it has died down so much.

who runs the uncle harvey website? maybe it's dead because nobody new can post on it. i've been trying to register an account for weeks now and nobody's approved any new accounts. :(

Last edited:
No offense to the creators of UncleHarvey, but don't you think the website's management should be handed down to someone with more time to spare?

looks like it's down now. any idea how long it takes to get the site up and running again?