Undelivered: AP Credit Not On Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goethe87

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got AACOMAS spit back at me because my SUNY's transcript didn't list my AP credits from HS. I had 15 credits going into to freshman year, and they appear on my unofficial copy. In addition, on the official copy you can see that I have 30 cumulative credits earned at the end of my first semester (15 credits taken that semester). What do I do?

Is it worth trying to get this SUNY to send something else out? or will the additional delay be detrimental compared to cleared AP credit?

I mean technically without this credit listed anywhere else I only had 109 credits when I graduated... which is impossible...

Help!
+pity+

Members don't see this ad.

Talk to SUNY and see if they will add the courses as transfer credits to your transcript.

since AP classes are considered pass/no pass by AACOMAS, this didn't affect your calculated GPA right?

Members don't see this ad :)
since AP classes are considered pass/no pass by AACOMAS, this didn't affect your calculated GPA right?

It shouldn't, but if the courses aren't on his transcript his app won't get verified or submitted.

that sucks! hopefully it doesn't take too long to get cleared up

Best thing to do is call AACOMAS and ask what you need to do since they're the ones who made the decision. We can't tell you what will appease them and anything we tell you on here is speculation. Go to the source and the source is not SDN!

When I applied last year I forgot to include my AP credits so after I submitted my primary AACOMAS just told me I had to mark my AP credits that were on my official transcript. After that I was good to go.

In your case, AACOMAS will know what you need to do so I would call them first. In my experience they are really good at responding quickly.

My university normally doesn't post AP credit in detail either. We use the Student Clearinghouse for transcript delivery. I called my undergrad admissions office and they told me to write a note explaining what I needed in the comments section of my request through the clearinghouse. Either way I would call admissions and records at your undergrad. Mine didn't post it on the transcript but sent an official letter from the registrar listing what credit I did receive. In the AACOMAS manual they say they will accept that.

If you need them for pre reqs I'd call suny message AACOMAS (pronounced uh-comas if you were wondering ...haha) right way.

Hey guys,

Got AACOMAS spit back at me because my SUNY's transcript didn't list my AP credits from HS. I had 15 credits going into to freshman year, and they appear on my unofficial copy. In addition, on the official copy you can see that I have 30 cumulative credits earned at the end of my first semester (15 credits taken that semester). What do I do?

Is it worth trying to get this SUNY to send something else out? or will the additional delay be detrimental compared to cleared AP credit?

I mean technically without this credit listed anywhere else I only had 109 credits when I graduated... which is impossible...

Help!
+pity+

They will request for a letter from your school's registrar. I just waived it and let it be listed as a "lump sum of credits"...