"Under Review" for several days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nutmeg618

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that most applications are under review for only a few hours, but my AMCAS status changed to "under review" last Friday morning and has yet to change. Has anybody else been under review for several days or longer?

Members don't see this ad.

mine just changed on monday, and i'm sitting as well. no worries.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was under review for several days before i got verified,
jus curious, when did u originally submit AMCAS?

I originally submitted August 19, so I think I'm in the sixth week.

I submitted Aug 30th and just got verified two days ago. You should send a very polite email to ask if they're missing anything.

I submitted July 20th and they didn't get back to me until Aug. 21th. They weren't missing anything within that period... so. they're just slow.

I think some of the OPs missed the point of the original post. Yes, it's possible to have that "Under review" status for more than just a few hours. Mine happened around a holiday weekend and, I can only assume, was "under review" for that entire time. "Under review" is one step closer to being finished than "awaiting review".

Yeah mine was under review for a whole week, which was ridiculous. It doesn't mean they're missing anything and there is no point in emailing them because you won't get a response for weeks and by then - they'll be done verifying it.

Just wait it out and be glad you're almost verified!!!