Undergrad classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riceowl2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
So I was looking at my first choice grad school's website again (a clinical PhD program) and noticed the section about class requirements for non-psych majors. Reading through them I saw that one, personality theories, is one that I haven't taken even though I am a psych major. I could take it next semester, but in doing so I wouldn't be able to take developmental, which wasn't on their list but seems important to me. Due to the size of my school, these classes are only offered once a year, and unfortunately at the same time. So, I don't know whether taking the class that interests me more, developmental, will end up having a negative effect on my apps. I just don't want to put myself at any disadvantage. Or because I will have a BA in psych does it not really matter? Recommendations?

A school I applied to required this class, too (Personality). I was an undergrad psych major, but didn't take it. They required the class, but told me that I could take it either the summer before enrolling in the program or that I could take the undergrad class one of my first semesters in grad school.

Personality isn't a common class and isn't even offered at all universities. Most programs will work with you on a class like this.