Undergrad Committee Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my school to send my letters to the medical schools. It's so frustrating because no matter how fast I complete them, I know my file still won't be reviewed until my letter gets sent.

Although I heard that because of UConn's new 6-week "deadline" they are trying to get the letters out faster than in years past. (I went to school in Mass., lots of people apply to UConn)

Anyone else still waiting for their letters to get sent?

Members don't see this ad.

You Probably can. Dont worry so much about it.

Rugger81 said:
I'm still waiting for my school to send my letters to the medical schools. It's so frustrating because no matter how fast I complete them, I know my file still won't be reviewed until my letter gets sent.

Although I heard that because of UConn's new 6-week "deadline" they are trying to get the letters out faster than in years past. (I went to school in Mass., lots of people apply to UConn)

Anyone else still waiting for their letters to get sent?

My letters won't be sent until early September. I feel your pain. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
jazger said:
My letters won't be sent until early September. I feel your pain. :thumbdown:

ditto. that's how it is at my school for everyone applying too. i hate it!

hey, it's good to know there are others in the same boat.

"early September" was the timeframe I heard from my pre-med office.

it just frustrates me... because my part of the secondary apps are done AND all my letters have arrived at the pre-med office. They just won't sent their 'composite' because it hasn't been written yet! Why can't they just do it now? My letters have been in since mid-July!

Argh. Sorry. I had to vent.

Jason

isnt early sept still considered very early to have a file complete ??

does anyone else's school have a premed interview before the composite letter is written? it's just a big hassle as far as i'm concerned. my advisors know me so well already.

my school has one and mine is scheduled as early as i could possibly get it (due to advisor's vacation/class) and it's on aug. 25. i think it's sort of odd how i have a regular school interview before my recommendation interview.

Well the committee has everything they need and last I heard was that they will be meeting on 14th Spet and mailing letters on 15th September...... Is that messed up or what :scared: :scared: :scared:

I have no idea why it takes them so long to meet ...... I think instead of committee letters......they should work as a letter service only..... i.e. take all your letters from different recommenders and just mail them out....

It is so frustrating.......y'all waitin for their letters...... i feel your pain too man

Talk about being late....... and on top of that the committee people think that September is still TOO EARLY........ may be true but I also want what they are smoking........... :laugh:

futuremsfdoc said:
does anyone else's school have a premed interview before the composite letter is written? it's just a big hassle as far as i'm concerned. my advisors know me so well already.

my school has one and mine is scheduled as early as i could possibly get it (due to advisor's vacation/class) and it's on aug. 25. i think it's sort of odd how i have a regular school interview before my recommendation interview.

My school's committee does this too. But it my case, it actually is probably a good thing because a lot of my bio and gen chem was transferred in and am just now upper level biology. Our interview I guess is pretty casual though, but still covering some "real" interview-type questions. Week of Aug 23 is when I'll probably get it done because that's the first day they have to be back to school (classes start aug. 30)

at ut, they basically stick a generic cover letter on top of your letters from professors (or whatever) and send it off. there is no interview, or anything, nor do they refuse anyone from candidacy.

Yeah I would like give a shout out to lovely Cornell for dragging me through 3 painstaking years of pre-med classes and rushing me to get my recommendations into the committee and then kicking back while I put my sweat and tears into finishing these apps early so that when I'm done I can wait for another two weeks before they get their goddamn act together to send out the composite for which I have paid a good $200 and find out whether I have the slightest chance of getting into med school....*breathes*...thanks a lot, oh fair cornHELL.

Realest said:
Yeah I would like give a shout out to lovely Cornell for dragging me through 3 painstaking years of pre-med classes and rushing me to get my recommendations into the committee and then kicking back while I put my sweat and tears into finishing these apps early so that when I'm done I can wait for another two weeks before they get their goddamn act together to send out the composite for which I have paid a good $200 and find out whether I have the slightest chance of getting into med school....*breathes*...thanks a lot, oh fair cornHELL.

Wow. They mean business. And $200...? :smuggrin:

Wow..$200...sounds like they've got their premeds by the...uh...checkbook.

futuremsfdoc said:

Yeah, we have an interview too. They ask you critical thinking questions too...like to compute how many moles are in something. Not hard questions, just seriously annoying. :thumbdown:

My committee letters is done and technically ready to send, but I'm stuck at the stage of harrassing the secretary to mail the letters out. I know she's totally over-worked and I want to be really nice to her, but I also WANT MY LETTERS OUT!

I'm starting to feel real obnoxious email/calling all the time.

i feel the cornell burn. i feel it.

my letters wont be out until sept 15th... all that hardwork on filling out secondaries quickly.. allllll gone to waste

Realest said:

that was definitely real.

Good news: Just found out that my committee interview is Aug. 26th and my letter will be sent out shortly thereafter.

Bad news: I don't like it when the committee is dragging their feet. The committee has all the information to write a letter to the schools. I don't see why they must wait for an interview with the student. No matter how fast I complete the secondaries, they'll still be held up until the committee get their act together.

Jason