Undergrad Degrees??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychology201

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering what can I major in to become a Optometrist. For example, if one was to go into Dental or become a Pharmacist, they can major in anything before going to Dental or Pharmacy School..So if I was to major in Psychology and get a Bachelors degree in Psychology, will be able to go into Optometry school??

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter as long as you do all the pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! So if I were to get my degree in psychology, and im transfering from a community college to a four year university, how long will it take for me to get my bachelors in psychology while i also did the pre req's..will it take more than 2 years if i were a full time student since im not a science major...and will i be taking alot of pre req's? Im sorry for the questions, im just not sure

Thanks! So if I were to get my degree in psychology, and im transfering from a community college to a four year university, how long will it take for me to get my bachelors in psychology while i also did the pre req's..will it take more than 2 years if i were a full time student since im not a science major...and will i be taking alot of pre req's? Im sorry for the questions, im just not sure

Really it depends on the university that you are transfering to... everyone's requirements are different for each school. You should probably talk to an academic advisor @ the school.

Also, there are different pre-req depending on the specific Optometry school you apply to, so you should do some research into the schools that you could possibly see yourself going to ... some have anatomy, biochem, while others DONT!

gl...