Undergrad doesnt have all the prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barbasol Warrior

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So alot of vet school require the prereqs "animal science" and "animal nutrition". Unfortunately my college does not offer these courses. I am about to be a junior in undergrad and im not sure what I should do to get these classes done, or if I can? Did any of you guys have this problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

So alot of vet school require the prereqs "animal science" and "animal nutrition". Unfortunately my college does not offer these courses. I am about to be a junior in undergrad and im not sure what I should do to get these classes done, or if I can? Did any of you guys have this problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks for all of your help!
Lots of online class options to obtain them. Always make sure the schools you plan on applying to accepts them. You can search for individual classes in the search bar at the upper right hand corner and find people who have asked about them and their options in previous threads. :)

Ok, thanks!

Just wondering tho, alot of the vet schools say they want these classes to be obtained from a "four year college or university". Would this count as such? Thanks for your help again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, thanks!

Just wondering tho, alot of the vet schools say they want these classes to be obtained from a "four year college or university". Would this count as such? Thanks for your help again!
Yes, just make sure the courses you sign up for count as such. An example: Animal Nutrition is offered through OKstate and many people take this and I haven't heard of any schools not accept it.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, as long as the school you are taking the online course through is a 4 year school, it will count. You can always check with the admissions department at the particular schools you are applying to and make sure that they accept the class you want to take.

Reactions: 1 user