[deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicandtoughness

pewpew
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is another dumb question, but I've scoured the forums and can't seem to find anything conclusive (most threads are referring to PharmCAS and AMCAS).

For PhD applications, when they request an undergraduate GPA, how do you factor in a second bachelor's degree? I ask because I had a nasty 3.0 in my first bachelor's and am on track to get a 4.0 in my second bachelor's. Do I average the two? Do I write them in separately? Also, if/when they ask for a "major GPA", do I list both majors from my first and second bachelor's? Do I average? (First major GPA: 2.7, Second major GPA: 4.0)

Just trying to make sure I'm presenting myself in the best light :(
Disclaimer: I've never applied to grad school before. Maybe someone who actually has can provide a more informed answer. I think calling the school in question and asking the admissions office will give you the most conclusive answer. That being said, I plan on listing both of mine separately. They are totally unrelated and from different schools (and over a decade apart!). I would be prepared to speak about your academic experience during interviews, since you made a comeback from your first degree.