Undergrad Housing & You

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poetic Silence

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hola amigos,

I'm about to move into a shared house, renting out a room for cheap. No utility bills plus free cable, laundry and wifi. I currently live in a nice one person apartment that I got cheap because no one wanted it.

I'm gonna miss my roaming space, but at least I'll be closer to my community and in a nice city.

What about you gringos, what kind of housing do you vatos live in?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Expensive and crowded. What was the appeal of living in a dormitory for you?

Not all dorms are expensive...

You get close to other people that live by you .. and you have a roommate that you can hangout with etc... and on weekends its fun pregaming in the rooms before heading off

Not all dorms are expensive...

You get close to other people that live by you .. and you have a roommate that you can hangout with etc... and on weekends its fun pregaming in the rooms before heading off

I can relate to your desire for a sense of community among your peers. It's a major reason I'm moving at this time.

I can relate to your desire for a sense of community among your peers. It's a major reason I'm moving at this time.

Yeeep... dude house parties are crazy.

And if you don't like partying, what if your housemates do?

What if they have a party and people hookup in your bed????

Yeeep... dude house parties are crazy.

And if you don't like partying, what if your housemates do?

What if they have a party and people hookup in your bed????

Actually, they had a disclaimer in their ad: "This is not a party house. Friends, BBQ's and get togethers are always welcome, but no partying."

I'm not really the party type, so I'd avoid putting myself in that kind of position.

A good point for undergrads to think about when selecting a home.

My freshman year I lived in a dorm room..hated it. My suite-mate was disgusting and never cleaned the bathroom. Now I'm in 4 person on campus apartment, which is a little better but not much. My ultimate goal is an apartment by myself. Maybe by my senior year that'll happen lol.

My freshman year I lived in a dorm room..hated it. My suite-mate was disgusting and never cleaned the bathroom. Now I'm in 4 person on campus apartment, which is a little better but not much. My ultimate goal is an apartment by myself. Maybe by my senior year that'll happen lol.

Living by yourself is so boring though. Much better to have roommates/apartment-mates who torment you and who you can torment back :D. Having a single room is nice though.

i envy you guys. getting the college experience and not living with your parents. I hate commuting with a passion, but that was the only way to afford going to my school. thaa nk god i'm transfering to cheap SUNY school next semester.

i envy you guys. getting the college experience and not living with your parents. I hate commuting with a passion, but that was the only way to afford going to my school. thaa nk god i'm transfering to cheap SUNY school next semester.

Hahaha you live with your parents? That really blows man.... I have some friends who do that but they never do anything anyways so I dont think it matters. You do save a lot of money I bet.

Hahaha you live with your parents? That really blows man.... I have some friends who do that but they never do anything anyways so I dont think it matters. You do save a lot of money I bet.
Yeah, but I would love the oppurtunity to do something...even though I probably wouldn't :oops:. Besides...I don't think it's really the booze and parties I'm jealous about. More like a permanent sleepover with your friends :D who wouldn't want that?

I use the hobo bonus income method: steal newspapers and sell them for half price. They make great bed sheets too.

Aw, college. Memories that last a lifetime.

I live in an apartment. I'd hate to go to a school in DC like Georgetown because all of the property is expensive as anything. I have a friend who goes there and she lives in a 1 bedroom with a roommate. Her half of the rent is ~$1100/month! Compared to that, the cost of living is ridiculously low down here.

Living by yourself is so boring though. Much better to have roommates/apartment-mates who torment you and who you can torment back :D. Having a single room is nice though.

I'm so over having roommates. One thing I've learned about myself since leaving home is that I'm a loner. I don't need a lot friends. Im actually not a fan of people in general.

I live in a dorm right now and last night we cruised in and one of my fellow party goers smashed our television. The television is located in the room that also holds the printing and studying area. That room is now locked via security, and it looks like the 12 page paper on ADHD will have to wait.

I live in a dorm right now and last night we cruised in and one of my fellow dorm buddies threw up, throughout the hallway. This caused projectile vomiting of two party goers and resulted in me stepping in it before promptly being questioned by security.

Moral of the story: never DD for anyone more than once in collegeand **** security.

Im living in an apartment next year with 2 friends. I pay 500/month.

Well, I'm not a gringo bato! But I lived with 2 older central American men... Is quiet for studying and chilled for bringing people over....