Underrepresented US doctors ECFMG certified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the argument on the petition is a bit flawed. Doesn't Medicare fund residency spots so they can make more doctors who would serve people (in the US or elsewhere in the world) rather than you contributing to Medicare so they will return the favor and sponsor your residency training?

Also, I'm pretty sure you got your definition of "underrepresented" wrong, posting in this sub-forum.

I thought the same as you did when I first saw it, but then I analyzed it and it has a valid point. Qualified American workers are being displaced by foreign workers under visa, they may be equally or maybe better qualified. In every profession you could find better qualified workers if you look all over the world, but that doesn't mean they should replace you in your own country.
"Unrepresented" goes to the fact that Latinos are the fastest growing minority in this country yet only a small percentage of doctors are Latino.
Also there is a well recognized shortage of doctors in the US (mostly in rural areas and in even in the VA system) and treatment is many times supplied by nurse practitioners or medical assistants while there are some american doctors ready to serve but that can't find a residency position when after passing all the USMLE steps.
Sorry if I'm posing on the wrong sub forum
I think the argument on the petition is a bit flawed. Doesn't Medicare fund residency spots so they can make more doctors who would serve people (in the US or elsewhere in the world) rather than you contributing to Medicare so they will return the favor and sponsor your residency training?

Also, I'm pretty sure you got your definition of "underrepresented" wrong, posting in this sub-forum.
I

The petition has a point but it'll never happen because American IMGs really don't have any political power. Even if it's right, infighting will only make things worse as we're already heavily discriminated against by many AMGs.