Program-Specific Info / Q's UNE Neuroscience prerequisite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almichael15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UNE requires a 4 credit hour neuroscience class with a lab. My school does not offer this class at the undergraduate level. Is anyone else in this same situation or knows of another course that may fill this prerequisite?

Members don't see this ad.

I automatically scratched off schools with this requirement haha. I graduated already and don't want to spend more money to take it.

I found another college in my state (NJ) that offers it. Also UNE has an undergrad class in it, and they keep track of colleges that offer it so ask your admissions person if she knows of schools in your area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thank you for your help! I would need to take this class in the upcoming spring semester. Also, I already e-submitted my application so if I found this course at another college in my area would I just enter it in as a planned course or would I need to send the transcript too?

My admission person asked me to send her the syllabus and she put it in my file under a planned course because I would be taking it in the spring semester as well. Then after it is completed you would send your transcript from that college

UNE will allow you to interview witout it. Once you receive an email from tem wit te decision, tey ave a proram you can take online if you are accepted or waitlisted

Two schools in my area require this course too - UNH and Worcester State (massachusetts).
Its frustrating, for sure, since my college and surrounding community colleges do NOT offer neuroscience.
I recommend not doing a 100% online course, since I did that this past summer & didnt do well :(