Program-Specific Info / Q's UNE OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recently got invited for an interview in February. If anyone can provide more insight on the interview and questions that would be so helpful! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got invited for an interview in February. If anyone can provide more insight on the interview and questions that would be so helpful! Thanks!
I was interviewed at the end of october. The whole process was very relaxed and included a group activity, writing portion, and then a one-on-one interview with a faculty member.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks @almichael15... Did you have to fly out to Portland? I'm debating whether or not I should make the trip out there because the cost of flight, car and hotel are so expensive.

Thanks @almichael15... Did you have to fly out to Portland? I'm debating whether or not I should make the trip out there because the cost of flight, car and hotel are so expensive.
I ended up driving but I did meet several other people who had to fly. It was a pretty expensive trip but if this is one of your top schools then I think it would be worth it.

It's not my top choice since i'm from CA.. but, I feel like it would be a safe choice. However, I think i'm willing to wait a year and save some $. I noticed that you were waitlisted, did you get into another program?

It's not my top choice since i'm from CA.. but, I feel like it would be a safe choice. However, I think i'm willing to wait a year and save some $. I noticed that you were waitlisted, did you get into another program?
No I haven't gotten into another program yet. However I am on the standby list for salus and am waiting to hear back from several other schools. Good luck with your decisions :)

Has anyone heard anything from UNE?
Currently on the waitlist

Any chance anyone knows how important volunteering is to the program? I think my stats are okay, but I've never really volunteered/don't have much time spent in extracurriculars?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 12/12, what about you? Still waiting to hear back from one school so I am also about 99% sure I am going there.

I interviewed 10/23 so I've been waiting anxiously haha. It's a price thing for me. But I know UNE's price tag really isn't that bad compared to other schools.

I interviewed 10/23 so I've been waiting anxiously haha. It's a price thing for me. But I know UNE's price tag really isn't that bad compared to other schools.
I agree. The other school I am waiting to hear back from is about $30,000 cheaper... so for me it's a no brainer. I would happily attend UNE and I think I would actually love the program and living in Portland, ME. But 7% interest is no joke and the difference in tuition is a huge deciding factor.

Were you notified by mail or email?

How long do you have to put down a deposit?

Last edited:
I was notified via email and I think you have 2 weeks to put down a deposit.

Did anyone else who interviewed in October or November get a reply?

Put down my deposit for UNE yesterday. Already nervous thinking about finding a place and roommates. I think I remember someone at the interview saying the class of 2018 creates the facebook group for 2019? Does anyone else remember this?

Put down my deposit for UNE yesterday. Already nervous thinking about finding a place and roommates. I think I remember someone at the interview saying the class of 2018 creates the facebook group for 2019? Does anyone else remember this?
I was just thinking about that and I can't remember who is responsible for doing this! Maybe we will hear more in the next couple weeks?

I just put my deposit down too! Are you from the New England area? I'm also lost about my living situation

congratulations! I'm from Virginia so traveling all the way up to Portland to scope out places would not be ideal. I'm hoping to sublease from current UNE students while they're doing fieldwork level 2 placements but i haven't seen any subleases that start in the summer :(.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, I think finding a place won't be a problem. Students are still in school, it should clear up by May. I'm coming from Georgia and plan to give myself two weeks before class to find a place. I thiiiiink that should be okay.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, I think finding a place won't be a problem. Students are still in school, it should clear up by May. I'm coming from Georgia and plan to give myself two weeks before class to find a place. I thiiiiink that should be okay.

How are you searching for housing? I'm coming from Indiana so I also won't be able to scope anything out in person

How are you searching for housing? I'm coming from Indiana so I also won't be able to scope anything out in person

I'm a big fan of Craigslist but I will also be utilizing the housing resources provided by UNE. I also have a friend that lives down the street from the school so she's going to ask around for any openings. I think I would prefer to live with a fellow classmate so once the Facebook group is started, I am going to try to coordinate finding a roomie.

http://www.une.edu/studentlife/portland/ocss/listings
http://www.mainehousingsearch.org/

I also was accepted! got my acceptance 12/14 and put down a deposit on 1/4. I'm still waiting to hear from other programs though.

anyone else on the UNE waitlist? or have gotten accepted from the waitlist?

Hey all!! Just got off the waitlist!! Anyone know if there is a Facebook group? Looking for housing!

there is! I'm glad you got in, i just withdrew from the class yesterday so maybe you got my spot! Look up UNE OT Class of 2019

there is! I'm glad you got in, i just withdrew from the class yesterday so maybe you got my spot! Look up UNE OT Class of 2019

Wow!! Thank you so much!

Does UNE have rolling admissions? I know there is an early admissions deadline (October 15 I think) and final deadline February 15. Has anyone been accepted yet and what is typically the GPA cutoff? Thanks!

I got into UNE today! So excited. Anybody else?!?

Hi!

I know you posted this 2 years ago, but I've been trying to find a UNE OT student to talk to! I just got accepted to UNE and USM, and am leaning towards going to UNE.

What is a typical weekly course schedule like? I'm trying to plan out childcare, and have reached out to the OT department, but have gotten pretty vague answers. Are UNE OT students in class from 9-5 everyday? Are classes mostly in the mornings or afternoons? I plan to have my kids in childcare/school from 9-5, but I am hoping that the schedule isn't packed full from 9-5 everyday (so I can study between classes!)

Any information you provide about schedule would be helpful!!

Thanks!

Hi!

I know you posted this 2 years ago, but I've been trying to find a UNE OT student to talk to! I just got accepted to UNE and USM, and am leaning towards going to UNE.

What is a typical weekly course schedule like? I'm trying to plan out childcare, and have reached out to the OT department, but have gotten pretty vague answers. Are UNE OT students in class from 9-5 everyday? Are classes mostly in the mornings or afternoons? I plan to have my kids in childcare/school from 9-5, but I am hoping that the schedule isn't packed full from 9-5 everyday (so I can study between classes!)

Any information you provide about schedule would be helpful!!

Thanks!

I have an interview at UNE next week! Can you please tell me how it went and what you guys did during the interview? Kind of nervous, but also excited! Was there a writing portion you had to do during the interview? I’m coming from Columbus, Ohio so I’ll be flying out there for few nights to explore the city too.