Uniformed Services Free Membership Upgrade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kahr

Resident OMFP
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all the men and women that dedicate their lives to protecting our countries and providing care for our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coasties and their families.

Who's Eligible

Offer available to all currently serving Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard officers or enlisted personnel of the United States or Canadian Army, Navy, Air Force, and Public Health Service.

Account Upgrade Features
  • Boolean searching
  • Largest PM box (capacity 2000)
  • Largest signature
  • Largest avatar (175 x 175)
  • Animated images in avatar and signature
  • Biggest upload capacity
  • Ability to delete own posts
  • Ability to delete own threads
  • No Forum Sponsor ads
  • No Google Ads on forums

How Do I get the Upgrade?
  1. Send your upgrade request via our secure help desk
  2. Select "Uniformed Services Membership Upgrade" under department
  3. You must use your .mil, .gov, or AF.edu email address for the request
  4. One of our staff members will contact you via email at that address for confirmation
  5. Your account will be upgraded upon confirmation

Privacy

SDN's privacy policy is TRUSTe verified. The help desk is operated on a secure server (verify security status in your browser). Your email and personal information are not shared with third-parties.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Why is this only available to officers? I'm going to assume this was unintentional.

Either Lee's wording was too specific and/or he said it that way because of the assumed commissioned status of all doctoral practitioners in the military(and hpsp students of course). Can I assume you were verified as enlisted? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes sir! :) I'm a first year dental student. I've been enlisted in the Air Guard since September 2001 as a crew chief and I'm going to stay in until I graduate when I will commission in the guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes sir! :) I'm a first year dental student. I've been enlisted in the Air Guard since September 2001 as a crew chief and I'm going to stay in until I graduate when I will commission in the guard.

Policy updated. Open to enlisted as well as officers.

Edit: Incidentally, I enlisted on active duty Air Force in December 2001, but went reserve after 2005. :)

Question about this upgrade. I'm a Marine Corps veteran on IRR now, it says to use your .mil account. While i still have one I haven't used it since I left active duty and from what i remember .mil accounts only works on gov computers so i have no way of forwarding email of they send a message to my .mil account for this upgrade.. So, what do i do ?

Question about this upgrade. I'm a Marine Corps veteran on IRR now, it says to use your .mil account. While i still have one I haven't used it since I left active duty and from what i remember .mil accounts only works on gov computers so i have no way of forwarding email of they send a message to my .mil account for this upgrade.. So, what do i do ?
I might be wrong but I believe it is only open to active duty.