Univ of Louisville dermatology interview -- question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Derminator

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow derms,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the dinner/tour the night before the interview for Univ of Lousville was mandatory or optional (I guess the coordinator for the Lousville interview is on maternity leave, and no one is answering her phone). From the email it kind of sounded mandatory, "The process begins with a tour of our facility followed by a dinner with our residents on Friday evening..." but almost everywhere else it is optional. I'm asking because I am flying in from another city and there is just no way I can forsee being able to make the dinner/tour.

If anyone has any info, or was able to connect with the program, please let me know! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Have you contacted someone else besides the program coordinator in the department to let them know that you won't be able to make it bc of flight conflicts?

I called the office and left a voicemail on the coordinators inbox, bc they said that someone was checking the voicemail, but no one called me back. I have the program director's phone number but did not want to contact him unless I have no other alternative. I was hoping maybe someone familiar with the program might be on SDN and help me out a little bit... :)

I don't think any of the dinners are required. If you aren't sure and can't get an answer just call the program director to let him know. Most (all) programs are understanding of travel constraints