This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meganssss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread yet for the application this year for UT Austin! I submitted for early decision and wanted to see if anyone else is on here who did the same!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm currently applying for Early Decision at UT Austin as well. Submitted my app back in late August and am just waiting for the interview invite. :)

Hi! I'm currently applying for Early Decision at UT Austin as well. Submitted my app back in late August and am just waiting for the interview invite. :)
Just waiting on PharmCAS to calculate my GPA!
let me know when you hear back from them please :cat:

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard they won't send out interview invites until the first week of October for Early Decision.

I called them and asked about when they would be sending out invites this week. Was told they are meeting today and so start checking your email tomorrow! Didn't say a specific day, just that they would go out this week

Received an interview invite for October 16th! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I received it at 11pm CT last night! Maybe they'll send more out today, don't lose hope!

Haha omg that's such a late time, and thank you :)!

Please post on here as soon as you hear if you got accepted I know they said they'll let us know by today

Got the call of acceptance around 7:30 a.m Mountain Time, 8:30 Austin Tine :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application for regular decision, so I probably won't hear back for a few months. How did you prepare for the interview?

I submitted my application for regular decision, so I probably won't hear back for a few months. How did you prepare for the interview?
Honestly, there's not much you can do to prepare since it's MMI. I say just be yourself and you should have no problem during the interview! The faculty are really nice and the MMI feels more like a conversation where they just want to see how you handle situations and who you are as a person.

Honestly, there's not much you can do to prepare since it's MMI. I say just be yourself and you should have no problem during the interview! The faculty are really nice and the MMI feels more like a conversation where they just want to see how you handle situations and who you are as a person.

Thanks for the feedback :) do you have a bachelor's degree?

Last edited:
Just got my interview offer today! :D:D:D

Reactions: 2 users
Also got an interview offer on Friday! :D

For those of you who are from Austin, what is it like to live in that area?

For those who interviewed regular decision, can you post on here when you hear back from UT? I believe we are supposed to hear back sometime late February if I'm not mistaken.

I also just interviewed, seemed to be about 50 people per interview session, which there are 4, for regular decision and they accept a total of 125 students for the incoming class. Does anyone know how many students are accepted from early decision and how many spots remain for regular decision? Thank you!

For those who interviewed regular decision, can you post on here when you hear back from UT? I believe we are supposed to hear back sometime late February if I'm not mistaken.
I know of two people who interviewed on the 28th and received an offer of acceptance yesterday

I also just interviewed, seemed to be about 50 people per interview session, which there are 4, for regular decision and they accept a total of 125 students for the incoming class. Does anyone know how many students are accepted from early decision and how many spots remain for regular decision? Thank you!
They accepted 40 early decision and had about 80~ spots available for regular decision (I heard this from the Dean of Admissions).

I got my call of acceptance yesterday! They called and then I got the email ~1 hour later!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Living in Austin is really cool. My sisters live there and go to UT so I visit often. My parents live just north of Austin about 30 minutes. I currently live out of state where I graduated with my bachelors this past year.

Yay just got my call. Random number while I was in class so I didn't pick up but just listened to the message with headphones and it was admissions!!! I'm psyched, haven't got my email yet but I better get started on the immunization stuff now.

stats were 99 pcat, 3.78 GPA, planning on finishing my degree, and about 8 months of experience. I do think I killed my interviews and essay, but good luck to all of y'all!

Just took a hard ass midterm like 2 hours ago so I don't gotta worry about getting all As anymore! See y'all next fall

Also just got a call from UT...while in the hotel room getting ready for Texas Tech's interview tomorrow lol. Killll me

Reactions: 3 users
I just got in!!! I got the call about 45 minutes ago!

I got my call less than 10 minutes ago!! See y'all in Austin!!

Also got the call today! So excited!! Did you guys get the email yet?

No email here yet. I'm wondering what date they want an answer by...

Hey guys, did you receive the acceptance letter through email yet? I have received the initial admitted email but no acceptance letter yet...

Does anyone know if they're finished admitting students? I haven't heard anything just yet.

Hey guys, did you receive the acceptance letter through email yet? I have received the initial admitted email but no acceptance letter yet...
nope just email
Does anyone know if they're finished admitting students? I haven't heard anything just yet.
I'm not sure, but I thought their last meeting was the 16th so maybe :(

I would call to make sure just in case! Best of luck!

Last edited:

Was just about to ask about that. I accepted mine like a week ago and still haven't gotten the acceptance letter. I just sent them an email to see whats up

i remember them saying that but they also mentioned that everything would be given out before the end of the month..? not sure if i have that right just trying to confirm

I had my interview January 21 and I haven't heard back from them either

I had my interview January 21 and I haven't heard back from them either

Same here. I have another friend who interviewed on the same day and we haven't heard back either. I wonder why some people have already gotten accepted and others haven't... :/

so she said they should be coming this week!

Same here. I have another friend who interviewed on the same day and we haven't heard back either. I wonder why some people have already gotten accepted and others haven't... :/
I also interviewed on the 21st and still haven't heard back yet :/. It's been so long, we should probably find out this week?