University of Arizona c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrExperimento

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's finally that time! Good luck everyone... :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I can't believe how quickly time goes by. Just last year, I was posting here as a pre-pharm...and now there's already a new class of applicants. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cannot wait! Im hoping to have my application turned in by October. early november

Just submitted my application! I'm so excited. Really crossing my fingers for this school :xf:

I will hopefully turn it in by tomorrow. @_@ Are you guys all AZ residents?

Wow, is it me or are there a lot more essay questions for UoA than any other school? :eek: I know there's a 2,000 character limit for each question (approximately 1 page double spaced) but then it says they prefer you to be able to fit all 7 questions, doubled spaced, on 2-3 pages only. How long were your answers? I'm cutting my character count to about half of the maximum but it's still quite a bit.

Hi, I am an AZ resident. Actually UA questions are not as bad as UCSF.. :) are you an AZ resident?

I don't remember exactly how long, but each answer of mines was at least a good paragraph long.

Hi, I am an AZ resident. Actually UA questions are not as bad as UCSF.. :) are you an AZ resident?

I don't remember exactly how long, but each answer of mines was at least a good paragraph long.

Kinda? My parents aren't separated and my dad's been in AZ for 3 years. I'm on his tax forms as a dependent and can therefore qualify as a AZ resident. It is where I spend all my breaks when I'm not in school. :) Wow, are you applying to UCSF? I didn't because I my stats aren't too great. Can we exchange stats?

B.S. in biochemistry
cum. GPA: 3.3
Pre-req science GPA: 3.5
PCAT composite: 93% but I kinda bombed the reading comprehension hard core so IDK how they'll take it. @_@
LORs from science TA, science professor, and pharmacist.

Edit: forgot to add that my essays, when put together and doubled spaced, was a little over 4 pages. I felt like I had a lot to say but it definitely wasn't the 2-3 pages they were asking for. lol

Kinda? My parents aren't separated and my dad's been in AZ for 3 years. I'm on his tax forms as a dependent and can therefore qualify as a AZ resident. It is where I spend all my breaks when I'm not in school. :) Wow, are you applying to UCSF? I didn't because I my stats aren't too great. Can we exchange stats?

B.S. in biochemistry
cum. GPA: 3.3
Pre-req science GPA: 3.5
PCAT composite: 93% but I kinda bombed the reading comprehension hard core so IDK how they'll take it. @_@
LORs from science TA, science professor, and pharmacist.

Edit: forgot to add that my essays, when put together and doubled spaced, was a little over 4 pages. I felt like I had a lot to say but it definitely wasn't the 2-3 pages they were asking for. lol

They don't care about the RC section of the PCAT, they judge RC during your application process and during the interview.

According to Marty anyways. :D

My essays took up 2.5 pages, I felt like I should have added more...ugh, I hate the required short essays. heh.

"Currently we have 264 started applications and 110 submitted."

-Marty (as of 11/22/2011)

The apps are officially closed! Now the fun waiting process begins.... good luck everyone :luck:

When do you suppose we'll be offered interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
The apps are officially closed! Now the fun waiting process begins.... good luck everyone :luck:

When do you suppose we'll be offered interviews?

You should hear back after the holidays. Last year they sent them out like around the 2nd of January.

Application Status: Application is Under Consideration.

My app status changed a few days ago to under consideration. What's the average wait for the interview offer?

Last year first interview invites went out around the 30th.

Does anyone know the ratio of applicants to interviewees? :) I'm assuming it should be relatively high since UOA doesn't participate in pharmCAS and caters more to AZ residents. Ahhh...I hope I get interviewed! This is my top choice for pharm school!

My app status changed a few days ago to under consideration. What's the average wait for the interview offer?

Mine has the same status. I feel like this application process is really a testimony of our patience. lol

Does anyone know the ratio of applicants to interviewees? :) I'm assuming it should be relatively high since UOA doesn't participate in pharmCAS and caters more to AZ residents. Ahhh...I hope I get interviewed! This is my top choice for pharm school!

http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/students/class-statistics

It is my top choice as well! I find myself checking my application every 20 minutes even though I know interview invites probably wont be out until late next week.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Merry Christmas everyone, hopefully our invites come out later this week. Also, what are everyone stats?

Mine are:
4.0 GPA
79 Composite, 85 Chemistry Sub-Score
1 year of tech experience
6 years of combat medicine experience
500+ hours of community service
No research
No degree

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear more from Adcom after the break!! Wishing everyone luck! :)

Can't wait to hear more from Adcom after the break!! Wishing everyone luck! :)

same here. i know a couple people who have just got denied though, one of them for an unknown reason. So I believe we should be hearing back by end of this week. I was waitlisted last cycle and interviewed on Jan. 10th.

same here. i know a couple people who have just got denied though, one of them for an unknown reason. So I believe we should be hearing back by end of this week. I was waitlisted last cycle and interviewed on Jan. 10th.

My status reads: Application is Under Consideration --- not sure what that means, but hopeful!! :xf:

Whew...under consideration here too.

Does everyone find out about interview offers at the same time? From reading past threads it looks as though that's the case, and everyone finds out about acceptance after all interviews are completed. Is this correct? Im applying from out of state so I am not familiar with the process.

Whew...under consideration here too.

Does everyone find out about interview offers at the same time? From reading past threads it looks as though that's the case, and everyone finds out about acceptance after all interviews are completed. Is this correct? Im applying from out of state so I am not familiar with the process.

Nope, not everyone receives interview offers at the same time. Yes, everyone gets accepted around the same time after interviews.

Good to know, but it did seem like in last year's thread that everyone found out about invites at the same time, or those who participate in the thread at least! Im hoping we hear back Friday!

Good to know, but it did seem like in last year's thread that everyone found out about invites at the same time, or those who participate in the thread at least! Im hoping we hear back Friday!

From that thread, some did not receive invites until the 18th of Jan.

Either way, hopefully, we hear something tomorrow or Friday.

Hi everyone,

Its almost friday...i hope atleast the first round of interview invites are sent...i cant wait and good luck to every1!!!

Happy Holidays

Is it realistic to expect to hear about interviews today or tomorrow? I definitely agree about this process testing our patience! I have been checking my status about once a day, only because I assume I won't hear until after the new year, but check just in case.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Is it realistic to expect to hear about interviews today or tomorrow? I definitely agree about this process testing our patience! I have been checking my status about once a day, only because I assume I won't hear until after the new year, but check just in case.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think we will, unless they have some already chosen and it is somehow automatically set to release on a certain day. UA COP website says the college is closed this week. Still can't help refreshing my status page myself though!! :xf:

Merry Christmas everyone, hopefully our invites come out later this week. Also, what are everyone stats?

Mine are:
4.0 GPA
No research
No degree

Mine:

3.3 cum. GPA but 3.8 in upper div classes
B.S. in biochemistry :smuggrin:
93% composite with >90% in almost everything except RC. :( RC killed my score.
Pharm tech for about a year with shadowing experience
Lots of volunteering experience in hospitals and other settings
leadership positions at UCSD with club activities
No research :(

Fingers crossed, everyone!

HI! You were waitlisted, so how did you get off the waitlist??? How did they let you know? were you ranked ? did you do anything extra?

HI! You were waitlisted, so how did you get off the waitlist??? How did they let you know? were you ranked ? did you do anything extra?

waitlisted but did not hear back, UofA was the only school i applied to last cycle. i'm sure those who get waitlisted just get reviewed again but i don't know how its ranked.

waitlisted but did not hear back, UofA was the only school i applied to last cycle. i'm sure those who get waitlisted just get reviewed again but i don't know how its ranked.
Im slightly confused. are you a P1 at U of A or not yet?

Im slightly confused. are you a P1 at U of A or not yet?

nope reapplicant. when you get waitlisted there is a chance you get accepted, but if not you would have to reapply again. After interviews you are either: Accepted, Denied, or Waitlisted.

I got an interview!!!!! January 20th, the day before my birthday.... :D

When did you turn in your app and when did your references submit? If you don't mind sharing...what are your stats?
Submitted my app on the 30th of November, I believe. References submitted on the 16th of December.

Stats:
4.0 GPA
No research
No degree

Okay...congrats! Hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon. I didn't submit until two days before the deadline, so maybe that has something to do with it. Good luck on your interview:)

I got an interview!!!!! January 20th, the day before my birthday.... :D

CONGRATS! :D Now I'm dying of anxiety since I submitted my application before you. lol I wish we could switch stats!

Did you receive the interview via mail or email?

CONGRATS! :D Now I'm dying of anxiety since I submitted my application before you. lol I wish we could switch stats!

Did you receive the interview via mail or email?

via e-mail, but I literally sat on my application and hit refresh every 30 minutes until my status changed!

You have great stats! You will have no problem getting in!!;)

Greetings folks. I've been lurking for a while but have decided to register so I can actively participate in discussions.

I too received my UofA interview invite this morning, scheduled for January 20th from 2:15pm to 5:30pm.

Statistics:

- 4.0 GPA both cumulative and science
- 74 PCAT Composite, 74 chemistry sub-score
- 90+ hours of hospital in-patient pharmacy volunteer experience
- Dual-major degree in geology and environmental science from the University of Pennsylvania back in 2000
- 10 years industrial hygiene professional experience
- Lost job back in 2008 and have worked to complete pharmacy pre-requisites at local community college in preparation for pharmacy school
- Originally from Philadelphia but have lived in Arizona since 2005.

Greetings folks. I've been lurking for a while but have decided to register so I can actively participate in discussions.

I too received my UofA interview invite this morning, scheduled for January 20th from 2:15pm to 5:30pm.

Statistics:

- 4.0 GPA both cumulative and science
- 74 PCAT Composite, 74 chemistry sub-score
- 90+ hours of hospital in-patient pharmacy volunteer experience
- Dual-major degree in geology and environmental science from the University of Pennsylvania back in 2000
- 10 years industrial hygiene professional experience
- Lost job back in 2008 and have worked to complete pharmacy pre-requisites at local community college in preparation for pharmacy school
- Originally from Philadelphia but have lived in Arizona since 2005.

Are you living down here in Tucson and going to PCC?

Hello everyone! I am a P2 at the U.

Congratulations to those who have received interview invites. Interview day will be exciting! :) Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because there is a tour and you may be going up and down some stairs (beware of super high heels, ladies!).

If you have any questions about the program, please ask them here. I can tell you anything you want to know about the curriculum, dual degree opportunities, research, student life, interdisciplinary collaboration, and faculty. I cannot reveal any specifics about interview day other than remember to be yourself! I definitely understand your nervousness but I am certain you will do great. Everything is pretty laid back around here. Best of luck!

Hello everyone! I am a P2 at the U.

Congratulations to those who have received interview invites. Interview day will be exciting! :) Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because there is a tour and you may be going up and down some stairs (beware of super high heels, ladies!).

If you have any questions about the program, please ask them here. I can tell you anything you want to know about the curriculum, dual degree opportunities, research, student life, interdisciplinary collaboration, and faculty. I cannot reveal any specifics about interview day other than remember to be yourself! I definitely understand your nervousness but I am certain you will do great. Everything is pretty laid back around here. Best of luck!

Do you know how much weight the impromptu essay holds in the decision process? It seems like they are looking for decent handwriting..... I may write like a 5th grader on a sugar high, but it is mostly legible.

Are you living down here in Tucson and going to PCC?

Actually I live in Chandler just outside of Phoenix and attend Chandler-Gilbert. If accepted I'll have to travel to Tucson at the beginning of each week, stay in Tucson, and then hopefully have time to head home on the weekends.

Do you know how much weight the impromptu essay holds in the decision process? It seems like they are looking for decent handwriting..... I may write like a 5th grader on a sugar high, but it is mostly legible.

Yes, it needs to be legible otherwise the adcom cannot read it! In general (for all pharmacy schools), most on site essays are used to see if applicants can spell, use proper grammar/punctuation, and formulate a coherent and logical response. As far as how much it is weighed, I cannot answer that much. What I can tell you is that adcoms prefer well-rounded applicants. They will look at an entire package but being weak in one area over another does not necessarily result in a rejection. Based on statistics from previous years, if you get an interview, your chances are pretty good.

Try VERY hard not to write like a 5th grader. You should be writing at a college/graduate level.