University of Arizona c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just found this thread. I only applied to University of Arizona. Application is currently under consideration and I'm anxious/excited :)

How many schools did everyone apply to?

Hope you had a great Christmas! :)

Not many. UA's far and away my top option (born and raised in Tucson, soon to be UA grad).

Same to you.

Most of the people I know in UA's pharmD program said they received their interviews for in-state around the 31st (New Year) and out-of-state a bit later.

GL to you all!

5 schools! That's exciting! Have you heard back from any of them yet?

I am pre-pharm at UofA and not in a position to move at the moment. So for now its UofA or bust! lol

Yes, I've been accepted to midwestern in glendale! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year (I checked the previous class thread) the invites were sent out on the 31st, so hopefully we only have a few more days to wait.

Got an interview invite today around 1430! Guess they sent them out a little earlier this year :)

Via email and the status page or just the status page?

I got it via email, but it's also updated on the status page, so I would check there too!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

I know the question wasn't directed towards me, but i hope it helps: I submitted mine two weeks before the December 1st deadline.

Grats!! What day did you select?

I selected the 12th! Hope you see many of you there :D

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

I submitted my app on 11/16 and all of my LORs were in by 12/10. They notified me by email, and I chose the 28th because I have a few other interviews I'd like to use as practice before this one. U of A's my first choice!

What are the options for interview dates/times this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything status update yet? Mine is till under consideration.

Campus isn't open until tomorrow. Stop worrying :D

Well, I hope that's the main reason everyone's being kept on edge :laugh:

Was really hoping for an early interview invite so I could sign-up for the Jan. 12th date, but looks like that won't happen (I should say if I got an invite, I was hoping for an early one ;))

Was really hoping for an early interview invite so I could sign-up for the Jan. 12th date, but looks like that won't happen (I should say if I got an invite, I was hoping for an early one ;))

Sing along with me :D

[YOUTUBE]PkGrkNu6mDg[/YOUTUBE]

Hi everyone been lurking but decided to post now. I got my interview invitation on December 29th. My interview date is on the 18th. Freaking out because this is the school I really want to go to and nowhere else. I'm doing my undergrad at ASU.

Yup, was hoping for an early interview as well.

Hi everyone been lurking but decided to post now. I got my interview invitation on December 29th. My interview date is on the 18th. Freaking out because this is the school I really want to go to and nowhere else. I'm doing my undergrad at ASU.

so you're a sundevil but you wanna become a wildcat?!!! ....BLASPHEMY!

Still waiting for that invite. I'm a little bit nervous about it too.

Still waiting for that invite. I'm a little bit nervous about it too.

i know i'm sooo nervous. i'm hoping it's taking a bit because i updated two of the required course grades right before xmas on the status page, so maybe they got to it later? lol

i think if its not out by end of tomorrow, chances r not good because nothing will be going on over the weekend and the last invites were sent out around the 7th last year i believe?

i think if its not out by end of tomorrow, chances r not good because nothing will be going on over the weekend and the last invites were sent out around the 7th last year i believe?

I dont think thats entirely accurate. They havent even notified the February interview dates yet. Hang in there! It will come.

Hi everyone! I got the interview also :). i am nervous because Im horrible essay writer. Is Anyone know how hard is gone be the interview and essay? good luck to all of us!

Gratz!!!!!

Thank you! Same to you.

Hi everyone! I got the interview also :). i am nervous because Im horrible essay writer. Is Anyone know how hard is gone be the interview and essay? good luck to all of us!

I've had a couple of friends tell me it wasn't too difficult, but they felt a bit rushed. If you're a little behind with English, I would try writing a couple responses to some sample prompts (you can probably find some examples on this site) and have someone with good reading/writing skills review it for you and point out where you need to fix or work on your writing. Intellectually, you will be perfectly fine I bet, but it seems like you're more worried about the writing fluency and that's something that takes time to work on, but any improvement is good improvement :)

Don't stress about it, but try to work on your tenses and the voice you write with. Good luck!

Thanks so much! could you let me know where are the examples in this site ,so I can start practicing :)

I've had a couple of friends tell me it wasn't too difficult, but they felt a bit rushed. If you're a little behind with English, I would try writing a couple responses to some sample prompts (you can probably find some examples on this site) and have someone with good reading/writing skills review it for you and point out where you need to fix or work on your writing. Intellectually, you will be perfectly fine I bet, but it seems like you're more worried about the writing fluency and that's something that takes time to work on, but any improvement is good improvement :)

Don't stress about it, but try to work on your tenses and the voice you write with. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Anyone know if you don't get an interview, will it stay under consideration or say you get rejected?

So far they announced some February dates, doesn't look to pretty for me. Also, what dates were available for those that got interviews?

Last edited:
Anyone know if you don't get an interview, will it stay under consideration or say you get rejected?

So far they announced some February dates, doesn't look to pretty for me. Also, what dates were available for those that got interviews?

Not sure about your first question, but I feel like I read on here that you will be notified on both the status page and via email either way.

Dates available to me were:
1/28
2/1
2/8

Any of you get invites this past weekend or was the last day Friday?

Eeeeek... I'm getting so scared and anxious! :scared: My application still says Under Consideration and I'm so worried I won't get an interview!!!

This is my second time applying to UA CoP and the first time, I received an interview on January 3rd, and was accepted to pharmacy school. (The reason why I'm not in pharmacy school right now is because of a class I didn't do so well on... :( )

Do you think that my applying a second time is affecting why I'm not getting an a selection for an interview? I thought my application this time around was much more competitive than my application last year... =(

What should I do to let them know that UA is my first priority school?? A letter of interest? Or just go to the College campus (since I only only like 20 minutes away)?

***AH! Nevermind, I got an interview after I posted this.. haha Whew.....

Last edited:
Eeeeek... I'm getting so scared and anxious! :scared: My application still says Under Consideration and I'm so worried I won't get an interview!!!

This is my second time applying to UA CoP and the first time, I received an interview on January 3rd, and was accepted to pharmacy school. (The reason why I'm not in pharmacy school right now is because of a class I didn't do so well on... :( )

Do you think that my applying a second time is affecting why I'm not getting an a selection for an interview? I thought my application this time around was much more competitive than my application last year... =(

What should I do to let them know that UA is my first priority school?? A letter of interest? Or just go to the College campus (since I only only like 20 minutes away)?

Do not go to the college.

Did you repeat the class? Were you accepted to UA and did not matriculate?

Did you ask for feedback last time on how to make your application better?

Can I ask what class you didnt do well on? What happened? Im worried about finishing up OCHEM 2. I had a hard time with OCHEM 1 but pulled through (barely). What happens if you get accepted and then get a C in OCHEM 2?

***AH! Nevermind, I got an interview after I posted this.. haha Whew.....

Congrats!

Can I ask what class you didnt do well on? What happened? Im worried about finishing up OCHEM 2. I had a hard time with OCHEM 1 but pulled through (barely). What happens if you get accepted and then get a C in OCHEM 2?

Congrats!

They only accept B and above for O-chem and I'm not sure if they make exceptions. Get a B.

They only accept B and above for O-chem and I'm not sure if they make exceptions. Get a B.

I totally plan on it! I have NEVER gotten a C in a science class. I'm just intimidated lol

I just received an invite for an interiew today! I chose Feburary 8th. I had the choice of the 2nd, 8th and 15th. Looked like there were still quite a few seats left.

I just received an invite for an interiew today! I chose Feburary 8th. I had the choice of the 2nd, 8th and 15th. Looked like there were still quite a few seats left.

Congratulations!

Side-note: Anyone have some links they may have bookmarked either from SDN or some other sites on interview do's and don'ts, tips, etc? Your help would be much appreciated! :)