University of Arizona (entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what was essay topic?
It would be inappropriate for any of us to divulge the essay topic. Besides, the same topics may not be used at each essay session. When I sat for it, we could write from one of 3 essay topics. The topics were straight forward; nothing like,"what is your favorite word". Expected essay length is ~300 words in ~25 minutes. Consider a review of general paragraph structure and grammar. They are evaluating your ability to clearly communicate.

It is easy to make it out to be worse than it is. So, try to relax. Good luck Russ8167.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay good advice. I will wait it out. Just super anxious right now. Especially since the odds are against me being out-of-state and all.
So enquiring minds want to know, if you get all three, which one will you ever choose?!?

My interview's on the 14th! :D Excited and nervous

Reactions: 1 users
My interview's on the 14th! :D Excited and nervous
Congratulations and good luck. Preparation is your best friend and a confidence booster. It really is very straight forward. Try not to be nervous. However, I know it is easier said than done.

Reactions: 1 user
So I have an interview this Friday... I am getting nervous!!!! Any tips? :)

You will be fine. I think everyone can agree that the interview experience was not a nerve-racking or stressful ordeal. I practiced a few questions with a relative prior to interviewing. I believe my peers have offered a multitude of great advice in this thread in case you want to get more ideas about how to prepare. Good luck with your interview and enjoy the experience.

I agree with everything HobbitJane said. Relax a bit...........and good luck! Expect the interview to be a positive experience.

If memory serves me correctly, Friday is the last day of interviews. Did they say the decisions would be sent out the last week of February?

Members don't see this ad :)
If memory serves me correctly, Friday is the last day of interviews. Did they say the decisions would be sent out the last week of February?
Yes! They said we will definitely know by the 28th of February.

Yep, I'm really excited. :)
It's been quite the journey.

Reactions: 2 users
It has been quite the journey. Now, I feel a bit excited, nervous and nauseous! :barf:

Best wishes to every one of us! I sincerely hope we all get in to the program. :biglove:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Good energy is being sent your way:luck::xf:..............Think positively!!

It has been quite the journey. Now, I feel a bit excited, nervous and nauseous! :barf:

Best wishes to every one of us! I sincerely hope we all get in to the program. :biglove:

Yes, then we can stress out over housing, form submission deadlines, etc. all together :) I'm not sure how I feel about my interview/essay to be honest..but overall it was a great experience & everyone was so awesome :) fingers crossed!

Yes, then we can stress out over housing, form submission deadlines, etc. all together :) I'm not sure how I feel about my interview/essay to be honest..but overall it was a great experience & everyone was so awesome :) fingers crossed!
It feels like just yesterday when we were stressing out because we were out of state apps!

Just to share what I heard yesterday since I was in the last interview. Total of 177 people were interviewed. They will let us know in the last week of Feb!!!

Just to share what I heard yesterday since I was in the last interview. Total of 177 people were interviewed. They will let us know in the last week of Feb!!!
Thank you for the information Honeymunch.

Do you know how many people they accept from 177? I know the class size is 100 but I would think they accept more.

They also mentioned that around 12 (or more) people are usually taken off of the alternate list...so don't lose hope if you're placed on it. Also keep doing well in your spring 2014 classes & don't slack off :)

Ya know, within 7 days, the decisions should be made and many of our lives are about to change. This is the final lap. Good energy is being sent to all.

Almost 4 more days, waiting game stressed out...am sick

I interviewed at one of the later dates. A day after my interview, I wrote my interviewee a "Thank You" email, as I'm sure many of you have done. A day or two after that I received a reply from my interviewee, saying that it was nice to meet me, etc. To those who sent out an email to their interviewer, has anyone else received a reply?
I sent my interviewer a handwritten thank you card, and I never heard anything back. However, I do not think you would usually hear something back from a thank you card.

I sent my thank you letter a day or two after my interview. I haven't been replied since.

THE REAL QUESTION HERE SHOULD BE WHO IS ANXIOUS TO KNOW IF THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED OR NOT. BECAUSE IVE BEEN THE HARDEST PERSON TO TALK TO LATELY +pissed+

I sent my thank you letter a day or two after my interview. I haven't been replied since.

THE REAL QUESTION HERE SHOULD BE WHO IS ANXIOUS TO KNOW IF THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED OR NOT. BECAUSE IVE BEEN THE HARDEST PERSON TO TALK TO LATELY +pissed+
I feel your pain. I mean I really feel your pain! :diebanana:Well, I feel like the banana. I know we get the results this week, but do we know if they are coming out closer to the 28th? I started checking my status page today.

I'm so nervous...trying to avoid the status page until Friday!! :unsure::xf:

Last edited:
"Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the College of Pharmacy's Pharm.D. program at the University of Arizona."
YAY!!!!:soexcited::biglove:
Check your status page!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to everyone notified so far. I got in too!!:bow::banana:I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else who is still waiting!:biglove:

I just saw that I got accepted as well. :highfive:
What are everyone's plans for housing (on or off-campus)?

I got accepted as well! Did you guys received email of acceptance? I didn't and am kind of worried... Is this real? lol

I got accepted as well! Did you guys received email of acceptance? I didn't and am kind of worried... Is this real? lol

I did not receive an email either, but I am certain that your acceptance is real.

Accepted as well! Congrats guys :):highfive::clap:

It is normal to not receive an email. Don't worry.

Congratulations everyone!! Keep doing well in your classes and if you have any questions about what happens next, let me know!