University of Arkansas College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tronprepharmstudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for 2019...

I applied and received an invitation for interview. Has anyone else applied?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! The interview is pretty laid back and everyone is really friendly at UAMS!

Last edited:
Were you accepted at UAMs?

I was accepted too. I've been looking online for places to live myself. During my time there, I was told not to live anywhere near the college because there is a high incidence of burglary and vandalism. I was told to look into the Cammack Village area, but it's pretty pricy. I am an out-of-state student myself not looking to spend thousands just on rent...especially since I have little desire to remain in Arkansas after graduation.

Last edited:
I was accepted too. I've been looking online for places to live myself. During my time there, I was told not to live anywhere near the college because there is a high incidence of burglary and vandalism. I was told to look into the Knack Village area, but it's pretty pricy. I am an out-of-state student myself not looking to spend thousands just on rent...especially since I have little desire to remain in Arkansas after graduation.
Yeah, I'll have to look I wrote some places down that were in $500-$600 range for one bedroom. Hopefully I can find a roomate and it'll drop it to around $400, but I'm going look after this semester is over, probably the first or second week of June and put down a deposit.

Yeah, I'll have to look I wrote some places down that were in $500-$600 range for one bedroom. Hopefully I can find a roomate and it'll drop it to around $400, but I'm going look after this semester is over, probably the first or second week of June and put down a deposit.

I have a similar plan. Once this semester is over, I'll spend a few days there looking around. The problem Ill have is finding a house cause I have three dogs. I can't live in an apartment with three little dogs.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hi, I interview on the 6th.
This is my primary choice so I am very excited annnnnnd nervous :yeahright:.
One question for those of you who have already been accepted: once you received admission, did you have to pay a tuition deposit to hold your seat? If so, how much was the deposit?

I know a lot of schools require a tuition to ensure that you are serious about attending.

One question for those of you who have already been accepted: once you received admission, did you have to pay a tuition deposit to hold your seat? If so, how much was the deposit?

I know a lot of schools require a tuition to ensure that you are serious about attending.
Deposit was $100

Members don't see this ad :)

You will have two weeks to pay your deposit ($100) once your official letter arrives in the mail inviting you to attend their program. The letter will indicate a date in which you need to accept or decline their offer.

And good luck! Be YOURSELF and enjoy your visit!

Reactions: 1 user
I have my interview on the 6th as well! How long after you interviewed did you receive your admission letter?

I have my interview on the 6th as well! How long after you interviewed did you receive your admission letter?

I interviewed on a Friday and found out I was accepted four days later on a Tuesday via email. I received the official letter later that week in the mail.

I think you're referring to Cammack Village (not knack). And yes, it's in a good part of town, but can be expensive unless you have roommates. Thanks for the info!

Any idea on how many applicants there are for this year? Just wondering :)

Has anyone from the March 6th interview pool received news?

Due to the weather, not all applicants were able to make their interviews so we will be combined with tomorrow's interviewees and should find out next week!

So when they say "we've decided to roll your application over for review"...that basically means that you did not get in right?

Due to the weather, not all applicants were able to make their interviews so we will be combined with tomorrow's interviewees and should find out next week!

Have you heard anything yet?

Have people started finding living arrangements yet? I'm OOS so I'm not too familiar with the area and have been wondering where students start looking for roommates and/or living. They gave us some information on it during the interview, but I'm just seeing if there are other alternatives. I want to try to room with another pharmacy student since I will know absolutely no one going into this haha

So when they say "we've decided to roll your application over for review"...that basically means that you did not get in right?
I got that also, I emailed them but idk how to take that. Alternate? Maybe?

That is a nice way to say you were not accepted. I received the email too. I was told they will make a final decision on my application on 4/10.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone here also interview at A&M?

Have you heard anything yet?
I got the same email too :( I emailed back and asked a fee questions and they were very nice and explained that it's not a no...applicants will still be accepted, but they are waiting to see how everything shapes up. The waitlisted process could go on to even July.

For those of us in limbo, good luck this week! I hope we all hear great news :)

Reactions: 1 users