University of British Columbia (UBC) Pharmacy Class of 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many emails they sent out today?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone who got an offer and for thouse who haven't received an email, just wait patiently. And I am just wondering how can we accept the offer. The email doesn't say anything abt the deadline or how to accept the offer.

after 2 attempts, I finally got accepted yay! :) I think another email is going to be sent out after all final transcripts have been received/admission requirements have been checked that will say how to accept the offer and when the deadline is

Members don't see this ad :)
How to accept offer: Would you just go on UBC's SSC -> admissions -> accept or decline offer

I would love to hear how many emails were sent today, if anyone has that information! :) I have been stressing feverishly since Thursday hearing that my friend got accepted and not having received an email myself, and I am very grateful for the renewed hope upon hearing there is two rounds of admission.
I also just got a job as a pharmacy assistant for the summer which they offered to allow me to continue with throughout the program... I was wondering if there's any way to add that to my application, or let them know? Or if its even worth doing at this point.
Thanks in advance :) good luck to all

I would love to hear how many emails were sent today, if anyone has that information! :) I have been stressing feverishly since Thursday hearing that my friend got accepted and not having received an email myself, and I am very grateful for the renewed hope upon hearing there is two rounds of admission.
I also just got a job as a pharmacy assistant for the summer which they offered to allow me to continue with throughout the program... I was wondering if there's any way to add that to my application, or let them know? Or if its even worth doing at this point.
Thanks in advance :) good luck to all
Last year, they have sent the first round and the second round came after a few days after. So, the best guess I can give to you would be earliest Tuesday or Wednesday maybe.

It will have waitlist/reject letters though. Don't be nervous as everything will be settled next week! Good luck!!

Last year, they have sent the first round and the second round came after a few days after. So, the best guess I can give to you would be earliest Tuesday or Wednesday maybe.

It will have waitlist/reject letters though. Don't be nervous as everything will be settled next week! Good luck!!
Was it only waitlist/reject letters? or were there acceptance letters too?

Congrats everyone who got an offer and for thouse who haven't received an email, just wait patiently. And I am just wondering how can we accept the offer. The email doesn't say anything abt the deadline or how to accept the offer.

You'll receive another email from UBC in the next few days notifying you that you can pay the deposit and accept the offer in SSC. Mine took around five days last year, but I think some people said it took up to a week? The deadline for accepting the offer depends on when it appears in your SSC, so don't worry!

Was it only waitlist/reject letters? or were there acceptance letters too?

Last year there were definitely all three. From what I remember, last year's first batch of acceptances were sent out on a Thursday as well, then the rest were sent on the following Tuesday. Waitlist emails were sent first early in the afternoon, followed by rejections and then acceptances by late afternoon. I'm not sure if things will be different this year, but the point is -- if you haven't received anything yet, there's still hope!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and hopefully we'll see all of you in September! :)

Last edited:
Do you guys think we will have a disadvantage since we are the LAST batch of BSc and everyone after us will have PharmDs?

Do you guys think we will have a disadvantage since we are the LAST batch of BSc and everyone after us will have PharmDs?

I was wondering this too. Although I heard during the interview that the PharmD program is just entry-level and students who graduate from that won't be able to practice as clinical pharmacists, at least not without a residency. I don't really understand the point of the program? But hopefully UBC will decrease its student intake next year. The field is growing increasingly saturated and I worry about how bad it will be in four years time when I graduate. :s

I was wondering this too. Although I heard during the interview that the PharmD program is just entry-level and students who graduate from that won't be able to practice as clinical pharmacists, at least not without a residency. I don't really understand the point of the program? But hopefully UBC will decrease its student intake next year. The field is growing increasingly saturated and I worry about how bad it will be in four years time when I graduate. :s
I don't think the profession of pharmacy will be saturated because there must be a shortage of health care providers such as pharmacists, doctors, and nurses no matter now or in the future in Canada. Just think that the supply of pharmacists may be too much in Vancouver, but it may not be the same case in some remote areas such as the northern Ontario. Many remote regions are in serious shortage of pharmacists as well.

I am still waiting for an email of any kind. Seems like I am the last batch. What would happen if I am put on waitlisted?

any emails today?

If you are waitlisted, they will contact you if a space opens up. Supposedly by email but I think they call you too just to make things faster.
Otherwise eventually you'll receive a rejection email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting for an email of any kind. Seems like I am the last batch. What would happen if I am put on waitlisted?
Yea, I am still waiting for a letter!

At this point, I just want to get the letter, even if it is a rejection one. This waiting is just killing me!

Anyway, if you are put on the waitlist, then I guess you need to wait till people actually decline the offer before they start enrolling in STT. I heard that the results from Waterloo and UT are still yet to come (maybe, mid-June). So, I would say if you get on the waitlist, you should see if people drift out for PharmD in UT during that time.

Well it is almost 4pm so there is no luck today. just wonder if anyone got any email/letter?

Does anyone know when the ssc will show my offer? Its been almost a week since i got the original acceptance email.

Does anyone know when the ssc will show my offer? Its been almost a week since i got the original acceptance email.

Congratulation.

I think it will take awhile since there are some are not getting the email yet (acceptance/rejection, I am one of them but at this point I wont have high hope to get an acceptance email.)

Enjoy your summer ^^

yeah, haven't received the ssc email yet either. got my offer on the 15th.

I have not received any emails so far. Please let us know if you receive any emails.

I called the office and they said the coordinator? is away because she is sick so none will be sent out today. They are hoping that she will be back tomorrow and as soon as she's back they will send out the emails.

I'm just gonna sleep until tomorrow..... T~T

The coordinator was also away on Friday. They also told me that they have not sent all the acceptance letters yet, so there is still hope. :)

I called the office and they said the coordinator? is away because she is sick so none will be sent out today. They are hoping that she will be back tomorrow and as soon as she's back they will send out the emails.
Thanks. Now, I can get back to my lab without checking my computer every 10 minutes! :)

The coordinator was also away on Friday. They also told me that they have not sent all the acceptance letters yet, so there is still hope. :)
I guess even if she comes back, it might need some time for her to organize the people in acceptance/waitlist/rejection.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know as it was really painful to wait and hit F5 every 10 minutes :)

Thank you very much for the update. so I better not monitor my email account like an idiot.

Yeah the mail doesn't really state of our next actions such as deadlines
Whoops, sorry I didn't reply sooner!
You have a good while, don't worry. An official offer will show up on your SSC in the next few weeks and it'll give you a deadline then.. it's a good week or two after it appears on your SSC. :)

Another day, another waiting game.

Hope the coordinator is well enough today to go to work ^^. Fingers X.

I have this feeling of having the letter this noon! jk :)

Just for a heads-up. I have asked for the second round last week and just got a reply back from them saying:

"Ms. Chatterton, Director, sent out most of the first round of offers last week, and those applicants were given until Mon., June 2nd to reply. After this deadline, the admissions offers for our program will continue to be sent until all spots are full, and this can take a while as we have to give students time to accept the offer. We ask for your continued patience."

So, I guess this may take a little bit longer...

Just for a heads-up. I have asked for the second round last week and just got a reply back from them saying:

"Ms. Chatterton, Director, sent out most of the first round of offers last week, and those applicants were given until Mon., June 2nd to reply. After this deadline, the admissions offers for our program will continue to be sent until all spots are full, and this can take a while as we have to give students time to accept the offer. We ask for your continued patience."

So confused why they wouldn't send ALL offers out at once...so I guess the second round of offers is to fill up rejected offers from the first round?
The office said they would be sending out offers/waitlist/rejection this week...

I'm really confused because I haven't gotten an email about a June 2nd deadline to accept the offer (got my offer on the 15th)....and nothing has shown up on ssc either

But they told me that they would send out more offers this week.

So confused why they wouldn't send ALL offers out at once...so I guess the second round of offers is to fill up rejected offers from the first round?
The office said they would be sending out offers/waitlist/rejection this week...

I think so.
I guess rejections could come this week.

I guess if nothing comes today or tomorrow, we should wait till June 2nd then..

Not to kill the hope but probably more or less is a rejection...hmmm plan my life ahead for now...

I think the second batch is coming now! If we do not get it then ....

Honestly, who would reject the offer unless there is a bigger opportunity than being a pharmacist....hmmmmm

Not to kill the hope but probably more or less is a rejection...hmmm plan my life ahead for now...
Yea, I heard prior post saying Waitlist comes first, then Rejection, and last Acceptance.

I don't know at this point. :(

If anybody else got any email today please let us know!
Thank you!