University of British Columbia (UBC) Pharmacy Class of 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back about their residence applications yet?

Anyone in UBC pharmacy at the moment recommend what the best clubs are to join? And whether or not it's worth joining one of the clubs?

Anyone know what the white coat ceremony is and when they are held?

just got a call from ubc pharmacy!!!
FINALLY GOT ACCEPTED!!!! i'm sure she'll give more calls to people on the wait list! :)

just got a call from ubc pharmacy!!!
FINALLY GOT ACCEPTED!!!! i'm sure she'll give more calls to people on the wait list! :)

Hey could you tell me what number it was? So i can keep an eye out ;)

Hey guys, just wanted to give you all a heads up if you aren't looking at the UofT Pharmacy forum. Acceptances started rolling in today. So some students will be choosing between UofT and UBC, including myself. Acceptances will roll in for you waitlisted. Good luck! =]

Wow congrats! :) What time did they call?

I got it at around 4:30pm ish. The number is 604-822-4102. I knew it was THE call when i saw the caller ID. All UBC phone numbers start with 604-822-xxxx lol. Make sure you pick up the call if you see this number!! Good luck :)

Hey guys, just wanted to give you all a heads up if you aren't looking at the UofT Pharmacy forum. Acceptances started rolling in today. So some students will be choosing between UofT and UBC, including myself. Acceptances will roll in for you waitlisted. Good luck! =]
Whats your take on UBC vs UofT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats your take on UBC vs UofT?

Well I live in Ontario and applied to UofT, UWaterloo, and UBC. My choice was always UofT because a) closer to home, b) offers PharmD instead of BSc, c) surrounded by hospitals, and I'm looking towards clinical pharmacy. But UBC was my second choice because of the amazing atmosphere of the school and I also like how their clinical rotations starts earlier than UofT. Plus I gave my deposit to hold the spot already. The only issue I seriously have with the program is the BSc. UWaterloo also offers a PharmD and also has a good co-op porgram that starts really early in the program (I went to Waterloo for my undergrad so I know how helpful co-op can be) but I'll have to see if I get in today. =]

Overall, still a tough decision but I'm gonna talk to some upper years at the school and ask some questions before I make any decisions.

You have any takes on this subject matter? You apply to UofT as well?

I have just declined my offer to UBC, hopefully it will make someone's day :)

Hello everyone. I'm planning to apply to UBC this coming fall and am writing my PCAT this September. I was wondering if anyone knew what the minimum scores are for the PCAT to be considered? I cannot seem to find it on the UBC site.

Hello everyone. I'm planning to apply to UBC this coming fall and am writing my PCAT this September. I was wondering if anyone knew what the minimum scores are for the PCAT to be considered? I cannot seem to find it on the UBC site.
I believe the minimum is a 65

Starting in 2015, UBC will be offering an E2P PharmD instead of a BSc and will no longer require the PCAT as part of the application process. You can find some information about the new program here: http://www.pharmacy.ubc.ca/sites/ph...b Ready_E2P PharmD FAQ revised 2014.04.07.pdf

for anyone still on the waitlist, I got an offer recently! Don't lose hopeeee

Yes don't lose hope I got accepted at both UWaterloo and UBC but I'm waiting to get a pre-requisite course cleared so I can decline my UBC offer... someone will get my spot :)

Does anyone know what kinds of non-pharmacy electives we can take? Like do old biology courses count?

Does anyone know what kinds of non-pharmacy electives we can take? Like do old biology courses count?

As long as they aren't required (core) courses for the program, their credits will contribute to your total non-pharmacy credit requirement. These courses can include those taken before your admission into the program (based on previous years).

Last edited:
Just refused my spot... check your phone people!

Just for reference here are my stats :
GPA about 3.2/4.3 (did a bachelor and a master)
PCAT 84
5 years community pharmacy work
1 year hospital pharmacy work

The interview went real good. I just used my judgement and used exemple of previous past experience to answer the questions :)

My advise is if you are determine to do it then it will happen! Just keep on trying :)

I don't know if I got your spot Sailfastliveslow.... but I got the call yesterday morning so it might have been! If it was, thank you, I am so incredibly happy to have gotten in. Looking forward to seeing everyone in September!

Could any OOP that got accepted post their stats here. Thanks

How many of you accepted were out of province? I heard UBC gives preference to in-province students.

I don't know if I got your spot Sailfastliveslow.... but I got the call yesterday morning so it might have been! If it was, thank you, I am so incredibly happy to have gotten in. Looking forward to seeing everyone in September!
Most probably it was because I refused it early in the morning! I'm glad I could make your day!
Best of luck!

Could any OOP that got accepted post their stats here. Thanks
I'm from Quebec (and english is my second language as I did all my previous studies in french) and I got in.
My stats again are :
GPA about 3.2/4.3 (did a bachelor 3.0/4.3 and a master 3.5/4.3)
PCAT 84
In Quebec, we also have to do 2 years of CEGEP prior to university and I got an average of about 84% (they are taken into consideration when we apply)
I don't think UBC has a reserved number of BC applicants go check this website it give a good idea http://www.mun.ca/pharmacy/admissions/choosingaschool.php

Hope this info helps!

I'm from Quebec (and english is my second language as I did all my previous studies in french) and I got in.
My stats again are :
GPA about 3.2/4.3 (did a bachelor 3.0/4.3 and a master 3.5/4.3)
PCAT 84
In Quebec, we also have to do 2 years of CEGEP prior to university and I got an average of about 84% (they are taken into consideration when we apply)
I don't think UBC has a reserved number of BC applicants go check this website it give a good idea http://www.mun.ca/pharmacy/admissions/choosingaschool.php

Yh it helps! Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
I just had some questions not sure if anyone is still active on here..
From the website what I understand is from now on, they look at 2 averages: your pre-reqs average + your average for the last 30 credits you took in uni? Meaning if I do a second bachelor and complete 60 credits they'll look at the last 30 credits of my second bachelor to calculate my gpa + calculate a gpa for my 1st/2nd year pre-req courses?

Thank you in advance!

keepatit, that's probably what they'll do, just based off of my intuition, but it's probably better to ask in person, maybe email or phone them.

Anyway, I wanted to post here because I was rejected on account of a shockingly bad MMI performance. This surprised me greatly, because this was not even my first MMI, and I had practiced at home and tried to keep on time. I thought I gave fairly intelligent answers, although in retrospect I noticed that I didn't actually have a lot of points to say for about a third of the stations so I found myself repeating myself a bit. Do you have any suggestions on how I might be able to give more comprehensive, well thought-out answers, especially given that you only have 2 minutes to brainstorm? Thanks in advance =)

Does anyone know what/where I can find the current PCAT score requirements for UBC are? I'm having trouble finding it on their webs tie