University of California, San Diego - Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an acceptance letter via email today. I will probably be accepting the offer tomorrow or Friday. Good luck everyone!
Whooooooh! Congrats!! Now I will be checking my email every 5 instead of 20 minutes..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance letter this morning at 8:36 am...so excited!!

Reactions: 1 user
Got my acceptance email today! It was dated at 3am lol. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got in! Hopefully I'll hear back soon too.

I received an acceptance letter via email today. I will probably be accepting the offer tomorrow or Friday. Good luck everyone!
Congratulation!!! Do you mind sharing what your interview date was? I am still waiting.

Congratulation!!! Do you mind sharing what your interview date was? I am still waiting.

Thanks! mm My interview date was 2/8/14 on a saturday (I was a out of state applicant)

Hope this helps! Good luck!! Hope you get in!!

Thanks! mm My interview date was 2/8/14 on a saturday (I was a out of state applicant)

Hope this helps! Good luck!! Hope you get in!!
Thanks. Mine as well but I haven't received anything yet. :|

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you please share your stats whoever got accepted. Did anyone from 2/07 interview got accepted?

Can you please share your stats whoever got accepted. Did anyone from 2/07 interview got accepted?

I was accepted yesterday. (my interview was on 2/08/14)
Stats...not sure what you want but here is what I can think of...
3.55 cumulative GPA, , 2 years of research experience (I did research on immunofluorescence assays on the passage of malarial antigens across the placenta, and cancer research)
No pharm experience, BS in Biology (going to graduate this semester!), I taught cellular and molecular biology as a teaching assistant (undergraduate) to about 200 or so students over the course of 2 years.

Hope this helps!

I just got my acceptance!

I thought they wouldn't send our the second round until next Wednesday so this was totally unexpected

I just got accepted too! I am crying right now, but I feel so happy at the same time :happy:

I got accepted today! Had my interview on 2/08/14! Good luck to everyone else waiting for a reply :)

OM-freaking-G!!!!!!!!! After hearing so many people getting accepted, I was losing hope and felt ready to get my rejection letter, BUT I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!! This is un-freaking-believable!

does anyone know where I can find UCSD School of Pharmacy's academic calendar for the 2014-2015 school year? Like the dates for when classes begin, breaks, etc.?

Just got my acceptance too!!! I thought I really screwed up the interview (2/7) when they gave me some tough questions to answer... I still cannot believe it! I especially wasn't expecting an email at this time of the day!

I got my acceptance yesterday (2/28/14) at 3:43pm and I interviewed on 2/8/14. I'm super excited and relieved. Good luck to everyone and don't lose hope!

Does anyone know if most of the rotation sites for P4's are in San Diego? Or are there options in other cities in CA or out of state?

Hey guys! I know the school said that they will notify all applicants by the end of the 2nd week of March, but is there anyone who hasn't heard back from the school yet??? And have rejections and waitlists gone out yet?? :( Thank you!

Nope. I feel the same way. That's why I'm thinking that they'll only be sending out waitlist/reject letters now

I just don't know why they didn't send them the same time they sent the acceptance letters.

I just don't know why they didn't send them the same time they sent the acceptance letters.
Yea, I know... I feel like UCSD is one of the least responsive schools :/ I'd been told that they will notify everyone by the second week of March which is... like, right now, so I was wondering what on earth is going on!

Yea, I know... I feel like UCSD is one of the least responsive schools :/ I'd been told that they will notify everyone by the second week of March which is... like, right now, so I was wondering what on earth is going on!
A lot of students that apply to UCSD also apply to UCSF, and a lot of people will be accepted to both schools, so there is no reason for UCSD to rush the decisions until UCSF does. UCSF seemingly hasn't released any acceptances or rejections yet. When SF does, expect a lot of movement at SD. Lots of people haven't submitted deposits to SD yet because of other schools such as SF and possibly SC too.

When SD's accepted students start leaving for other schools, they'll release more information

A lot of students that apply to UCSD also apply to UCSF, and a lot of people will be accepted to both schools, so there is no reason for UCSD to rush the decisions until UCSF does. UCSF seemingly hasn't released any acceptances or rejections yet. When SF does, expect a lot of movement at SD. Lots of people haven't submitted deposits to SD yet because of other schools such as SF and possibly SC too.

When SD's accepted students start leaving for other schools, they'll release more information

Thanks dwighthoward! :) I feel more hopeful after reading your comment now!

Thanks dwighthoward! :) I feel more hopeful after reading your comment now!
Also, several people may have already been rejected. Denied people usually don't come on and post that they've been denied though

I'm with you... This waiting is driving me crazy :-/... But I'm trying to stay positive until I know for sure.

I'm with you... This waiting is driving me crazy :-/... But I'm trying to stay positive until I know for sure.

Same here. I am still waiting :( I think we might hear back later this week if we are lucky!!

Well... it's almost the end of the second week and its quiet.....

Does anyone know that do they reject applicants at all or they put everyone on alternate list after the class of 60 is filled? Thanks

Waitlisted too. I think they should be rejecting around 150-180 out of 300 students that got interviewed though.