University of California, San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted437652

Looks like the supplemental has been out for a bit and I didn't see any other threads yet. I guess it really is that time to apply! UCSD is definitely my number one choice :love:

Does anyone know how long the supplemental is supposed to be? Or just as long as you need? It doesn't say on the website

Members don't see this ad.

I would just call them up to make sure. I was pretty sure that eventually...Pharmacy schools will require students to have at least a B.S or B.A to even be considered. I guess this school is the first i've seen so far, which is great.

I dug a little deeper, and I found this, "Essay word limit is 500 words." So that isn't too bad...

Members don't see this ad :)
GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbup:

If everything was the same from last year, the first essay had a 500 word limit and the next 5 smaller essays had a 250 word limit :) GL

If everything was the same from last year, the first essay had a 500 word limit and the next 5 smaller essays had a 250 word limit :) GL

Hi diepsteven

Would they give everybody those 5 essays, or only those who they thought would be candidates?

They are for everybody. Link.

Go through there, create an account if need be, and go past the first essay. You can click submit and continue to see the 5 essays.

I think I'm done with my supplemental. It wasn't hard, I just want to make sure I did it well. Is anyone else applying? Maybe get some input from people currently attending?

GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbup:
do u mind sharing your stats? I dont sure if i will have a chance.....
I got my BS in UCSD so this is one of my topic choices
anyone know if they are more heavy weighted with research experience? I only have like 6months of research only T_T

@eskyesther, i've seen your stats, you will be fine. and i have absolutely zero research experience and i'm still applying to ucsd. six months is a long time compared to zero months

@kcha90

Thank you. I heard ucsd is pretty heavy in research, i think all their students need to do some research - not sure if this is correct -

@kcha90

Thank you. I heard ucsd is pretty heavy in research, i think all their students need to do some research - not sure if this is correct -
Any research experience is definitely good preparation for UCSD. I anticipate that if I get in, I'll be doing plenty of it. But actually I hope to do research regardless of where I go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any research experience is definitely good preparation for UCSD. I anticipate that if I get in, I'll be doing plenty of it. But actually I hope to do research regardless of where I go.

:D Good for you!

anyone know if they are more heavy weighted with research experience? I only have like 6months of research only T_T

I haven't heard that research is required to get in. Unless you want to do the Pharm D PhD, then you of course need some research experience. I also am only gonna have about a year of research experience too.

Research experience is not a requirement for any CA school that I know of.

Just finished my supp, going to wait till right before the deadline to submit though. If i get accepted somewhere else I'll probably just take it and save myself $80

Apparently I let this get buried too deep. I finished my supplemental! But now I need to work out how I'm going to send an $80 check. I only have my debit card!

Sorry for this very late reply. I haven't logged onto SDN much since school started. Pharmacy school is no joke!!! We've got an Esther in our class too. She's really cool. Anyway, I had absolutely zero experience with research and got in. So, don't let that deter you from applying. And your six months of research was more than what I had. Ha. Be involved in the community, club organizations, and do well in school and see how it goes! Good luck!

Remember to get your supplemental in! Deadline is getting pretty close!

Is anyone having trouble on the page of the supplemental with the smaller essays?

I have entered in text for all of them except for the last, which is listed as optional, yet it will not let me move on to the next page.

I think I remember having that issue as well. Rather than write N/A I just came up with an answer. I'm not sure if it is what they were looking for in that spot, but who knows.

Heads up, Supplemental Application due in about 24 hours :p

Pharmcas says
"Interview Dates:
January to early February "

Their interviews are supposed to be in late January to early February. They usually let you know by March and you have to accept by April. No deposits :) They will be sending out interview invitations late December. At least that's what happened last year (I have some friends that applied last year and got accepted).

Does anyone know if fedex delivery date of nov. 15 will count as postmark? :scared:

Anyone know when interviews are usually conducted?

IIRC, last year they did 4 interview dates - 1/13, 1/14, 1/27, and 1/28. Each date had two interview slots, an early morning one and one late morning. Admissions decisions were sent via email starting 1st week of February.

If things are unchanged since last year, interview offers will be sent in the mail in mid December. The deadline to confirm your interview date is early January. So, if you're going home for winter break, you might want to see if someone can check your mail for you.

Pretty much :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Are we going to know if we got an interview by mail or email?

I'm fairly certain we will get something in the mail. I believe I read that somewhere

I wouldn't get your hopes up for another week or so. As JTalbain said above, make sure that if you put your campus mail as your address and are planning to leave for Christmas to work something out! I talked to my mailroom and they said they would call me if it arrives.

Just received an interview invitation via email for 1/18!!! Super excited!

Yeah it looks like interview invites are out

Got mine too! But I'm not sure if I am going to go since I already put down my deposit elsewhere. I LOVE that the tiny class size though. Do you think going here and interning in the area would make it easier to find a job in San Diego afterwards?

I have not received anything yet either. But don't lose hope, perhaps its rolling by last name or by interview date etc. They said between now and Jan 11th so it could be a while. Good luck to all :)

I hope we hear something soon. I thought the Jan 11th date was for ucsf.

You are right, sorry. I must have got them confused. Although I assume the two schools operate on a similar schedule? Could be wrong though. Either way, we could get emails later today or it could be tomorrow or over the next few days. Try and occupy yourself with something so you don't go nuts waiting :D

I got an interview today but for 02/01 at 12PM. It's not that early but getting an interview makes me happy already

Got an interview for 1/19 at 8am! So excited!