2018 University of Cincinnati SOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mufasa4008

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I didnt see a thread for University of Cincinnati Class of 2018. Has anyone received interviews/acceptances? just wondering because im playing the waiting game and wanted to know after how long do they contact you once your PharmCAS application is mailed out to them??

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet, but pharmcas hasn't even mailed my app. When did you submit yours (mufasa)? I was late in the game.

Nothing yet, but pharmcas hasn't even mailed my app. When did you submit yours (mufasa)? I was late in the game.

Wasn't the deadline Dec 1? If pharmcas did not mail your app, it sounds like a big problem. You should check with the school if your application is being considered. I sent in my pharmcas app in October but I finished the supple on the deadline. I am guessing it will take a while for them to get back to me. The supple was too long(1250 limit) and it was difficult for me to get even close to the limit.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Everything was submitted before the deadline, but the pharmcas wasn't mailed before the deadline. They recieved my transcripts, but still haven't mailed it - does that totally throw me out of the running? My advisor wasn't that great, and I took his advice on waiting for my second pcat score. Oh well - I suppose there is always next year to try! :-/

Needsomehelp : "Complete the PharmCAS application at www.pharmcas.org. By midnight on December 2..." (JLW site)

I do believe it's still okay. And yes, my supple was under as well, I think around 900. I have a boatload of volunteer work and I still couldn't get more than that.

Needsomehelp : "Complete the PharmCAS application at www.pharmcas.org. By midnight on December 2..." (JLW site)

I do believe it's still okay. And yes, my supple was under as well, I think around 900. I have a boatload of volunteer work and I still couldn't get more than that.

Oh well, good luck! It's always best to check with the school directly. Just send them an email or something. Hope we get an interview invite!

I submitted my PharmCAS in October and my supplemental in mid November. My essays were just under 1200 words. I am still waiting to hear back too. They don't start interviewing until January and go until March so it could still be a few more weeks to hear back from them if we do.

I submitted my app December second. Supplemental app the same day. No news so far there is a typo in the response email from the supp app. It states that the app was due on the first. I contacted admissions and they said it is a typo. So don't freak out if you notice that.

They do not start contacting students until the end of December for interviews in January. So at this point you should have only received an email confirming your application is complete.

Yeah Im hoping they start sending out invites at the end of December. I submitted my PharmCas app in July and the supp. the same day it opened.

Submitted pharmcas on november 30th.
Submitted supplemental app on december 1st
Recieved confirmation of everything being complete on december 10th.

Now just playing the waiting game for an interview

PharmCas and sup both nov 30th. Recieved confirmation dec 10th.

Is anyone fortunate enough to get the guaranteed interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you mean guaranteed interview?

UC has a guaranteed interview if your cumulative GPA is a 3.5 or above and you score 70 or above on the PCAT. You get an automatic interview. It's on the Winkle site under interview info and in the handbook as well.

UC has a guaranteed interview if your cumulative GPA is a 3.5 or above and you score 70 or above on the PCAT. You get an automatic interview. It's on the Winkle site under interview info and in the handbook as well.

ohh okay! is that only for UC students in pre pharm or everybody?

nvm i found it on the website and read it is for UC students. Are you currently at UC?

Yes, UC Blue Ash. I don't get it though - I only have a 3.4 and a 61 PCAT. :-( where are you out of, warrior?

Yes, UC Blue Ash. I don't get it though - I only have a 3.4 and a 61 PCAT. :-( where are you out of, warrior?

you're still really close to a 3.5 and 70 pcat though! my stats are very similar to yours. im at the university of toledo, still in ohio

i wonder if they're just waiting for the fall grades in the academic update at this point. they should be updated within the next couple weeks anyways. another school i applied to that interviews in january emailed and said they were waiting for fall grades first

That could be possible, although the email I received from PharmCAS made it sound like it will be the end of January before grades are updated. But seeing my fall grades will only help me out, I might be close enough for a guaranteed interview depending on how my final goes today.

I am guaranteed an interview, I have a 3.6 and a 79...They emailed and asked when I wanted to interview yesterday, they picked the first time I wanted.

Don't worry, for those on the fringe, in due time you will receive an interview if your GPA/PCAT were competitive, as well as everything submitted on time.

Do I get a guaranteed interview? I have a 3.53 GPA and an 87 pcat score. But I went to school outside of ohio.

Oh really? I totally missed it being for UC students only. Well has anyone else heard anything?

Oh really? I totally missed it being for UC students only. Well has anyone else heard anything?

I originally thought it was for every applicant, but it doesn't make sense with ~600 applicants and ~200 hundred get interviews. I feel like more than 200 would fall into range of it applied to all applicant. I'm not totally sure. I do believe those people have heard about their interview already.

I'm still waiting to hear something. :-/

Reactions: 1 user
yeah if it was for every student i think more would receive interviews and on their website it clearly states it is for uc students only. its a benefit they have for their own undergrad students in the pre pharm program, other schools do it too

Hopefully we hear something soon because I've already been accepted to a school in W.V. and need to start making moving plans or if I'll be staying in Cincinnati.

UC definitely seems to take their time with applicants. I've already been accepted into UK's college of pharmacy and accepted my seat before even having a chance to interview with them. They should reconsider this format if they wish to be more competitive with surrounding pharmacy programs.

I am guaranteed an interview, I have a 3.6 and a 79...They emailed and asked when I wanted to interview yesterday, they picked the first time I wanted.

Don't worry, for those on the fringe, in due time you will receive an interview if your GPA/PCAT were competitive, as well as everything submitted on time.

when is your interview? congrats btw!

UC definitely seems to take their time with applicants. I've already been accepted into UK's college of pharmacy and accepted my seat before even having a chance to interview with them. They should reconsider this format if they wish to be more competitive with surrounding pharmacy programs.
No doubt

Got my email invite this morning! :) Just curious if anyone has heard about the format? The schools I have gotten into already have used MMI format, is that what I should be expecting?

Just got my invite. Looks like today is the day.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my email invite this morning! :) Just curious if anyone has heard about the format? The schools I have gotten into already have used MMI format, is that what I should be expecting?
Just got my invite. Looks like today is the day.

Congrats!! May I ask when you guys finished submitted your applications?

Just got my interview invite too. @needsomehelpnow i submitted my pharmcas around 11/20 and submitted my supplemental 12/2. I am out of state btw.

I submitted to UC via PharmCAS on 11/4 (about a month after originally submitting for other schools) and my supplemental on 11/5.

It took me a while to find this threat but I am glad I finally found it. I just got my interview invite today and I picked two dates. I am quite nervous.

I submitted my pharmcas and supp app on dec 2.

when is everyone attending interview? =]

Got my invite while at work! Not sure what time to pick. I have terrible interview aniexty - would getting it out of the way in the morning be better than waiting until noonish?

I chose 9:45 am because I felt 8 am was way too early (as I will be from the west Coast) and noonish was kinda late.

I chose 9:45 am because I felt 8 am was way too early (as I will be from the west Coast) and noonish was kinda late.

I live 45 minutes north. Lol. I'm feeling 11. I can get some lunch and calm my nerves. Oh, by the way - it's cold here if you haven't heard.

PharmGeek - how was it!? You think you did well? Tell me EVERYTHING!